• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Technology, science, movies, motorcycles, classic volkswagons, paintball, skiing to name a few of my interests.
  • Devices:P10AN01, TF201, HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@richard lea
I have given up on viewsonic as they as the spares department in the UK are useless and everyone else refers me to the Viewsonic UK. I have spoken to the person claiming to be responsible for Parts in the UK and after several email and 2 phone calls where he fobbed me off by asking me to send him another email to remind him to look into getting them for me. I now feel like he has no interest in selling them to me. I am currently communicating with a seemingly helpful person at shuttle who says he is checking stock for me and hopefully will get back to me shortly.<_<

JSJAR I am on the testing now. I will get back to you later.

Edited by richardmlea, 13 April 2012 - 08:31 AM.

Richard Lea
[email protected]
Replacement Tablet Screens UK
I offer a friendly, UK Advent Vega repair service for hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.
Replacement Touchscreens, LCD's and repair service for most Tablets.

jsjar

jsjar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

I have given up on viewsonic as they as the spares department in the UK are useless and everyone else refers me to the Viewsonic UK. I have spoken to the person claiming to be responsible for Parts in the UK and after several email and 2 phone calls where he fobbed me off by asking me to send him another email to remind him to look into getting them for me. I now feel like he has no interest in selling them to me. I am currently communicating with a seemingly helpful person at shuttle who says he is checking stock for me and hopefully will get back to me shortly.<_<

JSJAR I am on the testing now. I will get back to you later.

i botched together a tester out of an old led torch some wire and a couple of sewing needles :P

it turns out i was right it wasn't port 4 it was port 1 (richardmlea can you confirm those points before anyone actually wires anything up to them)

Attached File  simcardreader.jpg   821.64KB   10 downloads

Edited by jsjar, 13 April 2012 - 01:06 PM.

proiphoneunlock-logo.png

jsjar

jsjar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
with the sata im thinking the - data lines are combined in one pin and the other 2 are the + data in & out
Attached File  DSCN0289.jpg   237.23KB   6 downloads

actually after looking into it a bit more the vega doesn't support sata at all it doesn't have a sata to usb chip

Edited by jsjar, 13 April 2012 - 03:45 PM.

proiphoneunlock-logo.png

jsjar

jsjar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
It looks like the points i thought were sata are actually power and the one remaining pin i assume is equivalent to the yellow wire on the camera

Attached File  DSCN0289DDDD.jpg   286.91KB   10 downloads

Edited by jsjar, 13 April 2012 - 04:26 PM.

proiphoneunlock-logo.png

jsjar

jsjar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
here's what i have for CN8
Just power for now :)
Attached File  DSCN0268.jpg   117.3KB   2 downloads

Edited by jsjar, 13 April 2012 - 04:42 PM.

proiphoneunlock-logo.png

jsjar

jsjar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

It looks like the points i thought were sata are actually power and the one remaining pin i assume is equivalent to the yellow wire on the camera

Attached File  DSCN0289DDDD.jpg   286.91KB   10 downloads

i have just confirmed the usb data lines are correct (just wired up my 3g to them and it works as it should :) )
no idea what the others are there is not enough power in them to light up the modem so there not for that, they could be 1.8v for the sim not sure

Edited by jsjar, 13 April 2012 - 09:35 PM.

proiphoneunlock-logo.png

ParanoidSPV

ParanoidSPV

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
You guys still want hires pics of the sim card module... i can pull mine from my vega and bring it to work where i can scan it all the way up to 9600x9600 dpi if you need that big.. :P and i dont mind removing any stickers from the module... :)

jsjar

jsjar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
sure that would be awesome

proiphoneunlock-logo.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users