• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Ripperoo

Ripperoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Thanks Amphoras

Too tired right now, so will check this out tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Ripperoo

Ripperoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Thanks a lot guys for attempting to help me out, but I'm giving up on this.

Spent too long on this for a stoopid teenage son who swapped it for a pristine 2 month old ZTE phone (can't remember the name).

The worst part is that he knew it was fooked before he swapped.

So, thanks again guys, but you can only flog a dead horse for so long.

Have a great weekend!

Reider59

Reider59

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Send it back n plead ignorance. Just tell them it won`t start and leave it at that. It`s worked for some and they quickly got it swapped. I dare say they`ll just fling it in a pile with the rest. Ooh hang on, if its a swap phone you`ll have no receipt. Maybe check out a market stall or something, ask if they can fix it first and a set price.

Edited by Reider59, 07 April 2012 - 11:28 AM.

*** Just remember, any ROM change, Kernel change or any other type of change you do is at your own risk. Someone helping you is not responsible for any risks you decide to take. It works for many but their are situations, events and errors outside of the control of a third party that may cause a bricked phone. Think before you start. I took the chance and thankfully it worked for me. Had it not then only I would have been to blame. ***

Oblitamatron

Oblitamatron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

See if you can get into fastboot mode. Use the files in the fastboot step in this thread, but instead of that version of Clockwork, try using the stock SFII recovery. If it works, you should be able to get into FTM mode and then do the SFII unlock which should hopefully fix it.

If that doesn't work, you could try using method 5 from that thread. Download the unlock files for the SFII, and at the point where it tells you to choose what files to use, use them instead. The same when it talks about installing Clockwork etc. Use the SFII versions at each stage.

If neither of them work, the I don't know what else you could try. You could try phoning Orange and see if they will replace it.

Would step five work for the crescent? as the files are for the blade ( OSF I).

I have a similar issue in which it won't load properly after the logo and just sits there repeating the second logo from what I assume is from the ROM.

Edited by Oblitamatron, 09 April 2012 - 09:41 AM.

Reider59

Reider59

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Be vary careful people! Though in this instance some of you may indeed have specific faults their is also a problem with that battery in the SFII. I noticed on many more than one occasions I had to reseat it when using it to change ROMS. Usually with the back cover off and holding the battery very firmly. Their seems to be some slack and the battery can slide enough away not to make a full contact. I `ve seen sporadic reboots, images loading (like the green man), going on to the next bit in the loading sequence and back to the first image etc. Reseat the battery, put the cover back on and its perfect! The contacts and the battery are not too well mated or made.

*** Just remember, any ROM change, Kernel change or any other type of change you do is at your own risk. Someone helping you is not responsible for any risks you decide to take. It works for many but their are situations, events and errors outside of the control of a third party that may cause a bricked phone. Think before you start. I took the chance and thankfully it worked for me. Had it not then only I would have been to blame. ***

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Would step five work for the crescent? as the files are for the blade ( OSF I).

I have a similar issue in which it won't load properly after the logo and just sits there repeating the second logo from what I assume is from the ROM.

It would probably work if you used the correct files (SFII unlock files or Vivacity unlock files depending on which you have). Method 5 is the last resort though, for your problem you don't need to use it.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

Oblitamatron

Oblitamatron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

It would probably work if you used the correct files (SFII unlock files or Vivacity unlock files depending on which you have). Method 5 is the last resort though, for your problem you don't need to use it.

Ok cheers if you could advise me on my thread too that would be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users