I Need Stock TPT For Orange SF II

Guest Ripperoo

Guest Ripperoo

Hi guys

I have a SFII which I'm having problems with (mentioned in another thread).

I beginning to think the stumbling block is due to me using a TPT containing CWM on an un-rooted handset.

I cannot access either the 'CWM' or 'FTM Mode' now and my guess is that it's because the handset hasn't been rooted.

Is there any way to restore the original TPT which will allow me to access the 'FTM Mode'?

Can't seem to find the stock TPT anywhere. :(

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Re-flashing the original stock rom will get your FTM mode back on. If I were you I'd try using the download method to install Clockwork and then flash the stock rom back. Then you will be back at the start.

Guest Ripperoo

Re-flashing the original stock rom will get your FTM mode back on. If I were you I'd try using the download method to install Clockwork and then flash the stock rom back. Then you will be back at the start.

Thanks PsYcHoKiLLa

Do you know of any step by step guides on how to do this?

It's just that I have loads of ROMs utilities and other stuff and I'm getting all confuddled and probably missing a simple step which is preventing me from completing the process.

Thanks

Guest Ripperoo

Hey there BladeBuddy

http://android.modac...e?#entry1927308

Here's a thread about returning to stock rom coming from a custom rom don't no if it will help you.

I think it's the stock recovery partition I need first before I can do anything.

Am I right in thinking that CWM only works on rooted handsets?

If so, then I need everything stock (recovery + ROM) before I can even get the device up and running as this handset is UNROOTED! :(.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Thanks PsYcHoKiLLa

Do you know of any step by step guides on how to do this?

It's just that I have loads of ROMs utilities and other stuff and I'm getting all confuddled and probably missing a simple step which is preventing me from completing the process.

Thanks

Here's a howto I wrote, you could try that...

http://android.modaco.com/topic/353098-my-howto-on-getting-started-on-the-crescent/

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Ripperoo

Here's a howto I wrote, you could try that...

http://android.modac...n-the-crescent/

Thanks for that PsYcHoKiLLa

Unfortunately, I can no longer get the handset to launch into FTM Mode.

I was able to origianally, until I started messing around with TPT a couple of days ago.

Now, when I hold the power & vol- and connect the phone via USB, nothing happens, except for the static green Android logo being displayed.

That's whay I was thinking if I could install the stock recovery partition via the TPT method, then I may be able to launch the phone in FTM and continue with the directions you mentioned above.

I think I'm fighting a lost cause, but have a suspicion that the device is recoverable.

The only thing I've managed to get working again is the ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface(DFU) (COM3) if that can be used.

Your comment about Windows 7 64bit is interesting as that is what I was working with originally until my PC was shipped off to Dell and I've had to use my Windows 7 32bit laptop.

Didn't know that about adb.

Thanks again.

Edited by Ripperoo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Thanks for that PsYcHoKiLLa

Unfortunately, I can no longer get the handset to launch into FTM Mode.

I was able to origianally, until I started messing around with TPT a couple of days ago.

Now, when I hold the power & vol- and connect the phone via USB, nothing happens, except for the static green Android logo being displayed.

That's whay I was thinking if I could install the stock recovery partition via the TPT method, then I may be able to launch the phone in FTM and continue with the directions you mentioned above.

I think I'm fighting a lost cause, but have a suspicion that the device is recoverable.

The only thing I've managed to get working again is the ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface(DFU) (COM3) if that can be used.

Your comment about Windows 7 64bit is interesting as that is what I was working with originally until my PC was shipped off to Dell and I've had to use my Windows 7 32bit laptop.

Didn't know that about adb.

Thanks again.

If you can get the diagnostic working then you may still be able to use the download app without being in FTM mode. I would try that.

Guest bladebuddy

Nothing will happen pressing the volume down button whilst powering on as you can not get into CWM recovery. The buttons to press for a tpt are volume up+ and home button whilst powering on with the top button. If you want ftm mode volume up only whilst powering on. If you want clockworkmod recovery volume down- whilst powering on

Seen to many posts where the wrong buttons are being mentioned.

Guest Ripperoo

If you can get the diagnostic working then you may still be able to use the download app without being in FTM mode. I would try that.

If you mean the ZTE utility, I tried that the other day when I could still get into FTM mode. It was then I saw 'Blade 1' mentioned.

Now though, even though you can hear the Windows USB boodoop sound when holding the power button & vol- while connectiong to USB cable, the ZTE cannot find the device.

I think I'm fooked!

Guest Dazzozo

If you mean the ZTE utility, I tried that the other day when I could still get into FTM mode. It was then I saw 'Blade 1' mentioned.

Now though, even though you can hear the Windows USB boodoop sound when holding the power button & vol- while connectiong to USB cable, the ZTE cannot find the device.

I think I'm fooked!

Rooting has nothing to do with your ability to use TPTs as it happens at a much higher level. Rooting gives you administrative privileges within Android, which is kind of irrelevant here considering you probably don't have an OS installed on the device through the use of the TPT.

Fastboot, as suggested in your other thread, is probably the best option from here.

Guest bladebuddy

Was wrong about the key combo for ftm mode it is power down-. To many ciders. Plus that's what I did to get mine into ftm mode resulting in mine getting f--ked.