The Mimosa X arriving in May

Guest UnbelievablyScrewed

I've been thinking of moving on from my current Blade on to another device. I have looked at the HTC Incredible S (which has pretty much disappeared from the market) along with other devices. But since I picked up my Orange San Francisco and have happened to hack the crap out of it - though I'm still a noob - I can't help but want more ZTE goodness.

That was when I started checking out videos from Mobile World Congress which involved ZTE. It seems as though they're going to make it big this year, introducing the Era which is a quad-core Tegra 3 mobile phone and its PF 100 and T98 tegra 3 powered tablets. As well as those, it has announced plenty of other exciting new products - which I'm hoping are nearly as low priced as the Blade and the Crescent. These include the Skate Acqua (or simply just Acqua when I researched) and the Mimosa X.

Admittedly the specs of the Mimosa X make enter a state of europhoria. The 4.3 inch phone packs a Dual-core 1.2GHz Tegra 2 processor, 1GB RAM, 4GB ROM - which sure beats my current blade hands down. It is said to be "probably the cheapest Tegra 2 phone on the market", shipping initially with Gingerbread then being updated to Ice Cream Sandwich soon after. There are literally no other words I can use to explain my excitement. The Acqua pretty much gives me the same feeling, especially since they are due to land in Europe in May.

My only wonder now is what do you reckon the pricing of these devices would be? Would they try to go money crazy like Huawei seem to have gone or would they try to keep to their market whilst pushing boundaries and possibly becoming a well accomplished top manufacturer.

ZTE Mimosa X and Acqua being showcased in MWC 2012

Guest Anthony1989

As good a phone it looks and sounds, I still think Im gunna hang with the skate until the era comes out

Sent from my ZTE-SKATE using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

As good a phone it looks and sounds, I still think Im gunna hang with the skate until the era comes out

That's fair enough, though the Era would probably cost 4 times more than your current skate. So I have heard anyway unsure.gif

Guest TouchyAndalou

If the Mimosa is priced at under £200, I'd seriously consider upgrading from my Skate - although one factor in my decision will be how decent the camera is, as I want my next phone to be a step up in that department from the Skate/Blade.

I'd love to get an Era when it drops, but it's likely to be priced somewhere around the £500 mark which would certainly rule that out.

If the Mimosa is priced at under £200, I'd seriously consider upgrading from my Skate - although one factor in my decision will be how decent the camera is, as I want my next phone to be a step up in that department from the Skate/Blade.

I'd love to get an Era when it drops, but it's likely to be priced somewhere around the £500 mark which would certainly rule that out.

Aye, I second that. Though the Huawei ascend G300 is highly tempting ....

Guest Andy725

Maybe under $200 for the Mimosa x in the us anyway. "However, Michael Rayfield, general manager of Nvidia's mobile business, told AllThingsDigital the Mimosa X would be priced in the sub-$200-range, without a subsidy. This makes sense, given ZTE's penchant for selling low-cost phones in China"

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/ZTE-Mimosa-X-Runs-Tegra-2-Chip-With-Android-40-706853/

If that is the price,then it is too expensive.I will buy it only if it is around 150Eur :rolleyes:

Is it out where you're from?

Guest TouchyAndalou

It's strange that there's a Mimosa X forum but not one for the Era. I'm starting to think that the Era is the way to go, especially if the price difference between the two isn't massive.

Guest juno106

Is it out where you're from?

No no...I'm from Europe too.But I'm saying that I will buy it if only the price is around 150EUR......Higher price than that for ZTE chinese phone is to much I think.Same thing goes for HUAWEI too.But we will see !

Guest hugobosslives

retailers, who are stocking the device...

have some inside contacts do we? ;)

good news man. do you know anything about specific countries?

i.e. for myself :) I would like to know how it will be appearing in the UK. eg under orange or sold via websites unlocked etc?

any info would be much appricated

• 3 weeks later...
Guest the_crevis

I emailed ZTE regarding the release date and here is their reply:

Thank you for your interest towards purchase of a ZTE device,

As of now as you know the device is not yet launched in UK and the device is under QC process,

You could contact the service provider for a accurate launch date as the sales would be through the service providers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest good mood

You still don't have any news about it?

Mimosa X will be available soon in Russia, but price will be very high (~ 400$)

p. s. but it will be with ICS 4.0.3. ;)

Edited by good mood