My HowTo on getting started on the Crescent

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

1. Firstly, use the QPST method listed here : http://android.modac...d-now-complete/ to backup your phone's config (including mac address)
  2. You need to download the custom rom (flb2-r2a.zip) and the default kernel (ouk-stock.zip) for the SFII
  3. Grab the SFII unlocker (Which should load up the Clockwork Recovery Mod...but won't install it from here : http://www.mediafire...0di9bzr9z4i6r68
  4. Unzip the Unlock_OSF2.zip file but don't unzip the other 2.
  5. To use the clockwork recovery you use volume up/down to go up/down the menus, the home button as an enter key and the back button as a back key...just to clarify) so to carry out a command in the menus scroll to it using the volume buttons then the home button to carry out the command and you should see a resulting prompt underneath describing what it's doing.
  6. Now carry out the following steps :
    1. Boot your phone into the FTM mode by turning it on while holding down the volume down button (hopefully you previously managed to backup your config with QPST)
    2. Connect the USB cable
    3. Run the unlocker (The download.exe file in the folder you made by unzipping the Unlock_OSF2.zip file) which should reboot the phone into the Clockwork Recovery Mode (Just click on START, which should be green, if it isn't then try unplugging the usb cable and then plug it back in and restart the exe)...DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR USB CABLE WHILE THE PROGRESS BAR IS GOING UP, once it's finished you should see "Download Completed" or something, I can't remember exactly what it says but it'll be something like that, then you can close the program and you should see the Clockwork screen on your phone.
    4. Wipe both caches (by going to wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition
    5. Now go to advanced
    6. Wipe the dalvik cache then Wipe battery stats (This makes sure you get a proper charge)
    7. Go back to the main screen and then to the mounts and storage menu
    8. At the bottom choose mount USB storage to mount the sdcard and then copy both rom zip files (flb2-r2a.zip and ouk-stock.zip) over from the computer into the main folder of your sdcard, once you've copied the files then just go back to the main menu with the back button, the sdcard is automatically unmounted when you exit that section
    9. Flash the custom rom first (go to apply update from sdcard then choose zip from sdcard), then choose the flb2-r2a.zip file, then without rebooting, flash the kernel for the SFII (repeat the same process to do that except for choosing the ouk-stock.zip)
    10. If you have QPST, restore the qcn file which you hopefully backed up from the "software download" section, if you didn't back it up you may/probably will have lost your mac address and if you didn't take a note of it either then you're wireless will basically be buggered.
    11. Reboot the phone (by going into the main menu on the Clockwork Recovery and then choosing reboot system now and hopefully it will reboot into the custom rom, also the tracking on the keyboard should be fixed because you have also flashed the kernel rom for the SFII
    12. So, now you're actually in the phone, first of all, when it asks you to set up your google account, press the "I'll sign in later" or whatever it says cos you need to check the wireless and keyboard first.
    13. Go straight into settings, then "About Phone", then check that the mac address is legit, if it says "11 22 33 44 55 66" then you've lost the mac address and you won't get wireless, if it shows a proper mac address then you should be ok. If it does show "11 22 33 44 55 66" but you have a note of the correct mac address then it is possible (and a bit complicated) to restore the proper mac address so don't panic, if you didn't take a note of it though then you won't ever get wireless and you also need a slap :P

Just to let you know, this whole process won't "install" the Clockwork Recovery mod but it will load it enough to let you flash the custom rom. If you want to properly "install" the Recovery you really need to use the adb method noted elsewhere in this forum, which I couldn't do cos I'm using Windows 7 64bit and it's a right royal pain in the butt.

Hope all that helps, come back if you're still stuck

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Ripperoo

Thanks for that PsYcHoKiLLa

Unfortunately, I can no longer get the handset to launch into FTM Mode.

I was able to origianally, until I started messing around with TPT a couple of days ago.

Now, when I connect the phone via USB and hold the power & vol-, nothing happens, except for the static green Android logo being displayed.

That's whay I was thinking if I could install the stock recovery partition via the TPT method, then I may be able to launch the phone in FTM and continue with the directions you mentioned above.

I think I'm fighting a lost cause, but have a suspicion that the device is recoverable.

The only thing I've managed to get working again is the ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface(DFU) (COM3) if that can be used.

Your comment about Windows 7 64bit is interesting as that is what I was working with originally until my PC was shipped off to Dell and I've had to use my Windows 7 32bit laptop.

Didn't know that about adb.

Thanks again.

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks for that PsYcHoKiLLa

Unfortunately, I can no longer get the handset to launch into FTM Mode.

I was able to origianally, until I started messing around with TPT a couple of days ago.

Now, when I connect the phone via USB and hold the power & vol-, nothing happens, except for the static green Android logo being displayed.

That's whay I was thinking if I could install the stock recovery partition via the TPT method, then I may be able to launch the phone in FTM and continue with the directions you mentioned above.

I think I'm fighting a lost cause, but have a suspicion that the device is recoverable.

The only thing I've managed to get working again is the ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface(DFU) (COM3) if that can be used.

Your comment about Windows 7 64bit is interesting as that is what I was working with originally until my PC was shipped off to Dell and I've had to use my Windows 7 32bit laptop.

Didn't know that about adb.

Thanks again.

Your best bet is what Amphoras suggested in your thread.

Guest Anthony1989

Great thread but you might want to tidy it up habit, it is a mess whilst reading on tapatalk. Not trying to annoy you with my thoughts so sorry if it comes across like that

Guest Dazzozo

Great thread but you might want to tidy it up habit, it is a mess whilst reading on tapatalk. Not trying to annoy you with my thoughts so sorry if it comes across like that

I don't think it's meant to be read on Tapatalk as you're going to be flashing the phone you're reading it on. :blink:

Guest Titas

Well done Psycho - we really needed to have a clear, step by step guide in one place. It will help a lot of people who want to join the "club"

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Well done Psycho - we really needed to have a clear, step by step guide in one place. It will help a lot of people who want to join the "club"

I really want to do a series of YouTube videos with my screen and an insert video of what happens on the phone. My place is a mess though and to do these videos you usually need the phone on a nice white paper background. I'll get round to it soon. With videos for all the different routines like the download program, installing a TPT, Installing a custom rom, etc.

Guest Reider59

I really want to do a series of YouTube videos with my screen and an insert video of what happens on the phone. My place is a mess though and to do these videos you usually need the phone on a nice white paper background. I'll get round to it soon. With videos for all the different routines like the download program, installing a TPT, Installing a custom rom, etc.

Psycho, I mean this in the most friendliest and helpful of manners, not to appear clever (cos I`m not lol). At our Photography Group, where I`ve been a member about 6/7 weeks only, we mix outdoor sessions with some indoor stuff too. Asked what to do the following week I suggested making a Macro Light Box. They grudgingly went for it and we all took stuff in, their hearts were not really in it and 2 of us continued to make one. But when it was done and they saw the massive possibilities they were all over it and wanted to keep the box even though one of the ladies suggested purchasing a full set with lights, something the men had already asked for several times already.

OK, so WTF we on about here? Essentially a cardboard box, cut a large window out of both sides and tape on some tissue paper or very light weight semi transparent material . At the top roof of the box inside tape some white paper to cover all of it to make it reflective. Put in a piece of grey/white or blue material that drapes down the back inside and along the bottom section that will face the table. Put the phone inside and a good strong light either side of the box, you got a Macro box and honest the effects are to die for! I would imagine even on a Video this would work well. It's essentially a studio in a box and I bought one too from Maplins for £15, its in a flat case. The club bought the next version up,still in a case, but with lights and a camera tripod at the front for £39.99. But we keep our home made one as a spare and this is the one I`m suggesting you make with odds and ends you have laying around at home. I used 2 of those £6 study lights with a bendy neck you can adjust to any angle + we used a real powerful torch I have that turns into a lantern too.

image070.jpg

Edited by Reider59

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Thanks for that but I'm not really going to be doing any "beauty shots" of the phone, just filming what's on the screen so I can show what happens as you are using the phone software on the computer.

Guest Reider59

Sorry, the box doesn`t just do beauty shots. It funnels all available light to the object, such as the phone. Stops ambient light from creating shadows and hides any rooms that are not good for filming stuff. The idea was large box, phone in box, vid cam on a tripod or whatever and plenty light + the right colour surroundings for the vid. We got cams right on the subject, a bit of trying and a vid cam would work too. But if the idea doesn`t tick all the boxes no problem, it took 5 mins to post.

Edited by Reider59

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

plz help i cant get into FTM mode , just stuck on white screen with FTM write on it...

Tell me you're kidding, lol !

Just for anyone else, this is FTM Mode...

zte_blade_ftm_mode_factory_hard_reset.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest NinjehKitteh

Just to let you know, this whole process won't "install" the Clockwork Recovery mod but it will load it enough to let you flash the custom rom. If you want to properly "install" the Recovery you really need to use the adb method noted elsewhere in this forum, which I couldn't do cos I'm using Windows 7 64bit and it's a right royal pain in the butt.

A way to install CWM which someone showed me, was to flash it on, without using the adb because I couldn't use that method either.

You just download whatever version you need from here (I chose option 4 for the biggest system memory), and install it using the 'Update from SD Card' option in the setting menu.

It's much easier than adb and I'm guessing it's time saving too because it took about 5 minutes for me :)

Hope this helps

-Ninjeh.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

A way to install CWM which someone showed me, was to flash it on, without using the adb because I couldn't use that method either.

You just download whatever version you need from here (I chose option 4 for the biggest system memory), and install it using the 'Update from SD Card' option in the setting menu.

It's much easier than adb and I'm guessing it's time saving too because it took about 5 minutes for me :)

Hope this helps

-Ninjeh.

Yeah, those were released after I did the howto, I made it months ago, I really should redo it to be honest :) I'd rather made the video tutorials though, I think they'd be more useful.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest NinjehKitteh

Yeah, those were released after I did the howto, I made it months ago, I really should redo it to be honest :) I'd rather made the video tutorials though, I think they'd be more useful.

But you made the HowTo on the 6th?

And that link is from December of last year? :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

But you made the HowTo on the 6th?

And that link is from December of last year? :P

-Ninjeh.

Yeah but the original was from months ago and it got lost in a huge thread so I decided to repost it in it's own thread :)

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest NinjehKitteh

Yeah but the original was from months ago and it got lost in a huge thread so I decided to repost it in it's own thread :)

Oh, I never saw that :P

Yeah, maybe you should make a tutorial for that website up there, it's a lot easier and it should work for everyone.

&If you're gonna make a video tutorial, please put the steps in the description :P I get really annoyed when people do a tutorial that can be hard to follow, and expect you to do it without being able to read what you have to do :/

-Ninjeh.

• 3 months later...
Guest hAk0Mi

Hey

i got a question, i got zte blade II and i badword up the phone, i used a thread about unlock and i did put a recovery mode and now my FTM and recovery mode is gone, i just get green android thing and then nothing happened, is my badword? can i do anything to get back FTM and normal recovery mode ?

Guest hAk0Mi

Thats what i did i guess thats why FTM and normal recovery mode doesnt work any more but the phone does work..is ftm and recovery bricked? and if yes is there any way to fix that?