This is the official way to unlock bootloader (thx to DoomLord)
This procedure will wipe the /data partition of your phone, so you will loose all ur stored data, settings. SDCARD will NOT BE WIPED!!!
DRM keys WILL be lost forever
why to unlock bootloader?
- You can flash custom ROMs/Kernels.
- You dont need to worry if the new firmware can be rooted or not as with unlocked bootloader you can always ROOT your device.
- Get the IMEI code for your device: type *#06# in phone dialer to find it out, note only the digits (no dashes)
- Download the fastboot package with usb drivers (alternate drivers if the ones in package dont work)
- Make sure you have a windows PC with USB cable to connect the phone
- Power down ur phone and keeping the Volume Up button pressed connect the USB cable to PC this will trigger FASTBOOT mode and windows will start driver installation, extract the above package and point the driver install to that location (usb_driver) folder
- Once drivers are installed just disconnect cable and power on device
- Go to: http://unlockbootloa...sonymobile.com/ and read everything!
- At the bottom click 'Start Unlocking the Bootloader'
- First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your phone by checking the service menu. In your phone, open the dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
In your phone, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
- After you have verified that you can unlock bootloader, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Continue"
- You will get "are you sure prompt" accept it by clicking "yes i am sure" (i assume that u have read an understood it)
- Then accept the "legal terms"
- Finally you will get a "Create Unlock request" page, enter your IMEI (sometimes the last digit needs to be removed for this to work), name and email address
- You should now receive your unique unlock key, its displayed on screen, SAVE THIS KEY SAFELY
- Extract fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.rar and open fastboot folder
- Hold SHIFT and right click on the background of the folder
- Select 'Open command window here'
- Connect your phone in fastboot mode (turn phone off, hold Volume UP button and plug in USB Cable) [make sure drivers are installed as explained above)
- In the cmd windows type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
- If a value is returned (it will return 0.5), it means the phone is correctly connected
- Type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY and replace KEY with the key which you received earlier.
- You're device should now be bootloader unlocked
Tank's to DoomLord for his work...
original source: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1527159
Edited by FuraX51, 07 April 2012 - 03:04 PM.