Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] AtomICS (Full Dolby Audio)

* * * * * 10 votes

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
I think root explorer or any other file manager that grants you root should be able to change the font.

If you wanted to make a patch the updater script could look like this:
ui_print("AtomICS - My patch");
ui_print("");
ui_print("Cleaning cache...");
format("MTD", "cache");
format("MTD", "persist");
ui_print("Updating system...");
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
ui_print("Setting permissions...");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system/framework");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system/app");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system/lib");
unmount("/system");

The actual system directory should be built to look identical to the ROM's. So in this case for a font I'd make the folder called system and then another called fonts and then I'd place the font I want to replace into that folder.

Edited by H3ROS, 28 April 2012 - 03:10 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png
If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

Smash41

Smash41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Advent Vega
What benefits does your ROM have over Logic Mod?
Thinking of making a switch.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
This rom is 2.3.5 and has full Dolby sound,logicmod is 2.3.4 and does not have full Dolby.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
When it comes to the actual benefits I'd say full Dolby audio, no bloat, fast, clean and it's well optimized. However, this will be the last version that looks anything like older versions of AtomicMod as I'm working on a better theme. All I'm going to say about it right now is that it's not based on ICS and it looks like nothing else on here :)

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png
If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

Coffer52

Coffer52

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300, Jiayu g3

When it comes to the actual benefits I'd say full Dolby audio, no bloat, fast, clean and it's well optimized. However, this will be the last version that looks anything like older versions of AtomicMod as I'm working on a better theme. All I'm going to say about it right now is that it's not based on ICS and it looks like nothing else on here :)

Great news, I've gone back to Icearmour for the moment waiting for your next release!

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate
Thanks for the updater script. Going to learn a bit more about that, interesting stuff :). There's a post on the Blade forum I found.

Looking forward to the new theme. I was looking for something a bit less ICS.

felystar

felystar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo

Looking forward to the new theme. I was looking for something a bit less ICS.

ICS rocks!! :D
Do you know how can I turn on screen rotation for 180°?

Just loving my Monte Carlo ^_^

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
This is what I'm playing with right now.

Attached File  screenshot-1335659786382.png   263.4KB   20 downloads Attached File  screenshot-1335658910658.png   103.74KB   22 downloads Attached File  screenshot-1335658931469.png   82.92KB   21 downloads Attached File  screenshot-1335659026685.png   69.48KB   21 downloads Attached File  screenshot-1335659171187.png   70.95KB   21 downloads Attached File  screenshot-1335659197125.png   81.92KB   21 downloads

It may change a lot before I'm done. I may even ditch it and try a different direction if I can't find some decent icons for it's matte style.

Edited by H3ROS, 29 April 2012 - 12:41 AM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
I like where your going with that,also,good to see no ics blue,bit too much of that around here(says the man who just ported the galaxy blue theme.lol)
I have nearly finished the port of Samsung galaxy black android theme,looks great.So your rom will have plenty of themes going for it.
I look forward to the next release.

Edited by jikobutsu, 29 April 2012 - 01:26 AM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
Thanks.

Everyone seems to be doing ICS themes for different devices, mainly them who can't actually use ICS for whatever reason. Personally I'm kind of tired of it so figured maybe I could take things in a different direction entirely.

The theme itself looks okay, but the titlebar icons I'm not keen on and I've tried 3 or 4 different sets now. Also I've got to be careful with the colours because although the font is set to white it doesn't look 100% white :blink: Then of course theres the problem with wallpapers where anything too fancy simply doesn't look right.

My second theme idea is to keep it almost stock but to remove all things orange and make the notifications menu more eye pleasing.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
Try the UOT kitchen for the icons,I normally use it to change battery,icons,and power buttons in statusbar.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
They're not bad, although some of the sets are missing a few icons. I guess thats one advantage to an ICS theme though, theres plenty of resources and blue, white and black is super easy to theme with.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

Thanks.

Everyone seems to be doing ICS themes for different devices, mainly them who can't actually use ICS for whatever reason. Personally I'm kind of tired of it so figured maybe I could take things in a different direction entirely.

The theme itself looks okay, but the titlebar icons I'm not keen on and I've tried 3 or 4 different sets now. Also I've got to be careful with the colours because although the font is set to white it doesn't look 100% white :blink: Then of course theres the problem with wallpapers where anything too fancy simply doesn't look right.

My second theme idea is to keep it almost stock but to remove all things orange and make the notifications menu more eye pleasing.

I personally don't like the look of stock Gingerbread. But jikobutsu is making themes as well, so you can do anything you like, we've got plenty of options. If you make a stock looking theme though, won't it be kind of the same as SKatie? The matte stuff you've got now looks really good, just the title bar icons are a bit out of place.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
Stock gingerbread looks like this:

Posted Image

Personally I don't mind that, but the orange for volume control and other areas of the phone bothers me. I could attempt to change all that and "sexy it up" and at least then I have resources to work with.

When making the matte theme the hard part at first was knowing what file changes the apprerance of what image. Once I found all of that out it was easy, but like I said, I don't have enough resources to make all of the icons have a matte look so the theme is incomplete. For example, notice the green charging icon? I couldn't find any blue ones in exactly the same colour and if you try to change the colour of it it doesn't look right. And then if I change the battery entirely I also need to change all of the other icons to match.

Edited by H3ROS, 29 April 2012 - 02:31 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
@H3ROS,
Why not use gimp to color the icons?
Get your desired hex color and fire away!

I have finished the black theme,and edited keyboard and xperia s launcher to match.But I cannot release till I figure out how to fix the airplane mode problem?

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
GIMP is what I used for most of the theme, but it doesn't seem able to change that icon. When you attempt to do it it messes up the lightning bolt :(

I'm looking into the airplane problem now. I did reply to your PM, maybe the site hasn't given you the notification?

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
@H3ROS,
yes just noticed I have notification.
Have you tried decompiling the app with the png you want to edit? If its a .9.png they usually play ball better when decompiled.

Some screens of new theme.

Attached Files

Edited by jikobutsu, 29 April 2012 - 03:41 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
Well most of the theme is orginal with only a few resources that I've had to borrow. I've been working on it for almost 3 days.

With most borrowed images I can use the colour picker and then paint into the image, but I've tried a few things with the battery icons and everything fails.

Edited by H3ROS, 29 April 2012 - 03:56 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

felystar

felystar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
@H3ROS
What about if in the new release of this ROM you include your new theme and we want to keep with the older one? Would you make a .zip or something for it?

I have calibrated the battery as you said but it has the same battery life af before and I have made a day ago another calibration. Maybe it is due to cuz when I got the phone I just charged it like a normal charge. Like two or three hours and no nine or ten??

Also, do you know what can I do to make 180° screen rotation possible??

Edited by felystar, 29 April 2012 - 04:53 PM.

Just loving my Monte Carlo ^_^

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
I probably could. I may end up linking to all of the ROM's themes as it will come in a few different styles thanks to jikobutsu.

The thing about themes is everyones going to have a different opinion as to which ones best so it's impossible to please everyone. Some of the themes require you to use them for a while too, like the matte theme which is based on the stock theme but looks almost nothing like it. To me as I was building that theme I kept thinking "that looks ugly" and then I started blending colours together and I started to like the settings menu and how the notifications were displayed. Will everyone like it though? No, because some people may prefer a theme with brighter colours.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users