[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest yealmboy

ok thanks for your answers as you have probably gathered that i'm a novice at all this, By the way the rom is brilliant keep up your good work. biggrin.gif

Guest Dazzozo

Regarding brightness, I feel it may be one of the hw modules going walkabout again (same issue happened with sound before I released this build). Going to substitute the entire lib/hw directory with one from an earlier build. (with a few catastrophic exceptions!)

Edit 1: Right, on this version of the ROM. Time to do some tinkering.

Edit 2: Well, whatever I did worked, brightness control working on the current version of the ROM. I'll write a quick update.zip.

Edit 3: Give this a whirl: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z7i2noj16u74oag

Edit 4: AOKP: Made a few minor edits for the sake of getting it to compile and it seems to be well under way now.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Edit 4: AOKP: Made a few minor edits for the sake of getting it to compile and it seems to be well under way now.

I take it you'll be starting a new topic for AOKP? Personally speaking it (and ICS) are kind of a bust without wireless but I have faith you'll (with Tilal's help ;) ) get it up and running.

Guest Dazzozo

slight bug, LED notification light isn't working,at all not on charging (red) or notifications (green)

Should be fixed in the brightness patch.

Guest Dazzozo

I take it you'll be starting a new topic for AOKP? Personally speaking it (and ICS) are kind of a bust without wireless but I have faith you'll (with Tilal's help ;) ) get it up and running.

There will be individual topics for all flavours.

This doesn't stop progress on Wi-Fi, the issue will be there on both flavours, and when it's solved for one it's solved for all.

Guest Dazzozo

applied the patch, and you are right, well done man

Yeah, I made this build a little before lib building was turned back on and as a result they're missing without the patch.

Edit: Regarding Wi-Fi, I'm pretty sure it's a kernel thing. The firmware files in the device config worked in previous builds of CM9 and work in GB. The only thing that's changed is the kernel (I'm now building it instead of using Fuzzra's). Looking in to it.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest RedZombie

@Dazzozo thanks for the quick work on the bug fix.... however having technical issues with browser again *feels like an idiot*

If I just click on download on mediafire it won't download. If I try to long press and open link in new tab as previously suggested it just selects text... tried this in stock and dolphinhd....

Sorry for stupid questions!

Guest Dazzozo

@Dazzozo thanks for the quick work on the bug fix.... however having technical issues with browser again *feels like an idiot*

If I just click on download on mediafire it won't download. If I try to long press and open link in new tab as previously suggested it just selects text... tried this in stock and dolphinhd....

Sorry for stupid questions!

Going to try viewing this thread and downloading something now.

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks dude :)

Works just fine for me. Loaded up Mediafire, hit download, "Starting download..." and it was right there in notifications.

Yep. Download complete. Very weird.

Guest RedZombie

Works just fine for me. Loaded up Mediafire, hit download, "Starting download..." and it was right there in notifications.

Yep. Download complete. Very weird.

Hmmmm. Probably me being stupid somehow. Thanks anyways

Guest Dazzozo

Hmmmm. Probably me being stupid somehow. Thanks anyways

When Mediafire asks for you to try the download again, do so. It worked on my second attempt. It redirected me to the IP of the download server.

Edit: I do believe I have an AOKP build to test!

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest RedZombie

When Mediafire asks for you to try the download again, do so. It worked on my second attempt. It redirected me to the IP of the download server.

Edit: I do believe I have an AOKP build to test!

Got it. Seems a cache clear and reboot did the trick. Brightness and overclocking now, thanks :)

I will happily flash and test if it helps?

Guest Dazzozo

Got it. Seems a cache clear and reboot did the trick. Brightness and overclocking now, thanks :)

I will happily flash and test if it helps?

Sure thing. I'll embed the OC kernel and brightness fix in to the AOKP ROM to save everyone a bit of time.

Edit: It was building the final zip and I totaled my free HDD space. That's my 120GB linux partition swallowed up by Android source code! :P Doesn't help that I have the source code for CM7, CM9 and AOKP about 3 times over. Making some space...

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest RedZombie

Sure thing. I'll embed the OC kernel and brightness fix in to the AOKP ROM to save everyone a bit of time.

Edit: It was building the final zip and I totaled my free HDD space. That's my 120GB linux partition swallowed up by Android source code! :P Doesn't help that I have the source code for CM7, CM9 and AOKP about 3 times over. Making some space...

Wow you have been busy!! Gives me a nice opportunity to do a backup :-)

Guest Dazzozo

Testing this thoroughly before release. I'm dropping the "it compiles, release it!" attitude.

Edit: Fixing a RIL issue and then it's ready.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Testing this thoroughly before release. I'm dropping the "it compiles, release it!" attitude.

Edit: Fixing a RIL issue and then it's ready.

Is this ICS or AOKP?...and is there any hint of wireless?

Guest Dazzozo

Is this ICS or AOKP?...and is there any hint of wireless?

AOKP. Not tested Wi-Fi yet but as it's running on the same kernel as CM9 it's probably a no.

Edit: Next build of CM9 will also have the CM9 boot screen. I'll keep a flashable version of the ICS one that should be compatible with both ROMs.

Edit 2: Fixed RIL. Packaging zip again.

Edit 3: Crap. Going to apply the dithering fix to AOKP, forgot that. :lol:

Edit 4: Quite handy that they can run the same kernel, though.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

It's great to see CM making it way onto the Crescent!

I'll be waiting till the WIFI and the camera works before I replace FnC with CM9.

Thanks for the hard work lads, it's much appreciated by the community!

Curtis

Guest Dazzozo

Recompiling for the sake of the dithering fix is taking a while. I'll throw up a few screenshots in the meantime.

Edit: Some very quick tweaking on AOKP gets you this:

53oBx.png

Ignore any banding because of no dithering fix if you have eagle vision and can notice it here!

Edit 2: That thin bar along the top doubles as a battery meter, and you can have it aligned left or centre. It shrinks as your battery empties. Obviously you can disable it entirely and have it looking more like AOSP if you wish, but then you may as well just stay on CM9. :P

Edit 3: Rotated

d5DuI.png

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Liamness

Downloaded and installed out of curiosity. ICS is rather beautiful isn't it? Buttery smooth also. I'll be going back to FnC for now though.

If I wanted to get rid of some apps before installing, how would I go about that? Could I just unzip the update package, delete some apks then repackage everything, and bob's your uncle? Or is there more to it than that? I'm wondering if some snipping here and there could make this ROM a bit smaller...

*edit*

Yeah, doesn't look like that would save much space actually. But... could I drop an apk of my own in there? I'm wondering because the ROM, as far as I can tell, has no file explorer. Combined with the lack of connectivity, I can't really install anything unless I use data.

Oh, and I hereby request that this thread be pinned.

Edited by Liamness