Photo

[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

* * * * * 15 votes

• Please log in to reply
2675 replies to this topic

G Sharir

G Sharir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Blade S
Thanks for the prompt answer
this is not an external app it is part of the samsung rom I beleive GB and not ICS the question of this could even be handled and / or fixed in ICS. Talking about native video calling withou apps on 3g network not data usage.
I didn't manage to recieve files on BT even whtn Wifi open. Check myself
Anyone else have problems with MMA or am I the first / only since the netweork provider, although doesn't know zTE blade, insists it sright and working and it realy did so before using the STE Blade
Thanks again

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

Thanks for the prompt answer
this is not an external app it is part of the samsung rom I beleive GB and not ICS the question of this could even be handled and / or fixed in ICS. Talking about native video calling withou apps on 3g network not data usage.
I didn't manage to recieve files on BT even whtn Wifi open. Check myself
Anyone else have problems with MMA or am I the first / only since the netweork provider, although doesn't know zTE blade, insists it sright and working and it realy did so before using the STE Blade
Thanks again

Yes, it may be part of the ROM, but it is still going to be an app. It does not have to be an external app acquired through a marketplace for it to be an app.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

domenico lamberti

domenico lamberti

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent,HTC Explorer
  • Twitter:@Mobile_Dom
plus since the front camera is disabled at a kernel level there is no reason to implement that feature just yet, if at all

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Tesco Hudl
  • Twitter:@djsubterrain

Hi,
Thanks for the rom and updates they are great/
Three issues I would like to know it there is a solutiona / could be:
1. Native video calling - i.e. button in dialer like in the samsung galaxy - I read that as to date only the galaxy has this. I do not mean an external app (i.e tango, skype, etcc) but a built in video calling option like I have in preious old sony ericsson w995. Any cahnce of puting the galaxy dialer on our phone ? I heard somewhere that this could maybe only work on GB and not on ICS
http://www.gsmarena....ew=597&idPage=6
2. Can the bluetooth receive data ?
3. Is the follwoing issue known - the phone stops the keyboard and takes a minute or so to get back to keyboard, we cannot sms or write Emails properly - if it is known is there a solution for this ?\
Thanks a lot for answers !

Galaxy Dialer, Video calling, these are both extra apks which are not standard in CyanogenMod. What Dazzozo is trying to tell you is this rom is supposed to be the standard CyanogenMod 9 rom. If you want bits of any other roms or additional/custom apps (i.e. from the Samsung Galaxy series) all stuck together then you need to look elsewhere.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa, 02 June 2012 - 10:30 PM.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
We need a FAQ. The front camera is pretty useless anyway.

Additionally, let me make this clear, ARMv6 Flash will never exist on ICS. It only exists on Gingerbread because of an accident.

Edited by Dazzozo, 02 June 2012 - 10:59 PM.

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

domenico lamberti

domenico lamberti

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
so are you going to stop working on the FFC or is it just not a priority right now?

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

so are you going to stop working on the FFC or is it just not a priority right now?

Don't care about it for now. BT is more important.

domenico lamberti

domenico lamberti

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
coolio

MadEye Moody

MadEye Moody

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Devices:ZTECrescent, Nexus 4
  • Twitter:@renjithis

We need a FAQ. The front camera is pretty useless anyway.

Additionally, let me make this clear, ARMv6 Flash will never exist on ICS. It only exists on Gingerbread because of an accident.

That must have been a very interesting accident :P

Shell script to trim down ROMs (tested on CM9 and CM10) : https://www.dropbox..../zip_trimmer.sh

Shell script (cron ready) to automate syncing, compiling and trimming(requires zip_trimmer.sh) CyanogenMod (currently for CM10, with just a few modifications, will work with CM9 source) : https://www.dropbox....htly_release.sh

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

That must have been a very interesting accident :P

I don't know the full details but apparently it was something to do with some Chinese manufacturer of tablets.

Even so, Adobe have killed mobile Flash.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
The plan is to release a new CM9 build tonight/tomorrow, and then I'll restart my work on the Bluetooth on CM7 as this is probably a better base, as like stock, it's Gingerbread. That will help diagnose any issues that could just be ICS related with the current and future strategies that I try. (Yes, the BT issue is present in CM7 too.)

I have a few ideas and I'll feel a little more comfortable knowing it's the same OS version (near enough) to stock, where we have it working. The fix should then hopefully translate relatively easily over to the ICS distributions, and we'll know for certain if we need to rework things (and what) for ICS.

(This also might mean I'll get a chance to fix the damn proximity sensor on CM7.)

Edited by Dazzozo, 03 June 2012 - 07:43 PM.

Josef Prusa

Josef Prusa

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent, ZTE Blade
Hello everyone,

has anyone managed to get the voice input working? The ICS stock one just disappears, the SmartKeyboard Pro displays a disabled microphone. Might be that I am using the phone in Czech, but the rest of the OS works quite OK.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
New build should be ready in a few. Going to start doing recommended and latest builds, and this falls in to both for now.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
Up. Have fun. ;)

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
just flashed Rom, it seems excellent will have a proper play with it later on. This Rom just seems to get quicker and quicker. Thanks again for all your hard work Dazz

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Tesco Hudl
  • Twitter:@djsubterrain
Messed right up for me, told me I didn't have enough room so it skipped some apps, then the setting wouldn't stick and stuff started showing up wrong.

I tried flashing the ICS TPT that Amphoras made for us, CM9 still didn't like it and told me I didn't have enough room :(

Why? It was fine before, what's been added that makes it too big (that's what she said)?

Oh, by the way, it didn't have this either :P ...

How big are the stock partitions compared to the ones Amphoras made us?

Not my favourite build :(

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa, 04 June 2012 - 12:20 PM.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Messed right up for me, told me I didn't have enough room so it skipped some apps, then the setting wouldn't stick and stuff started showing up wrong.

I tried flashing the ICS TPT that Amphoras made for us, CM9 still didn't like it and told me I didn't have enough room :(

Why? It was fine before, what's been added that makes it too big (that's what she said)?

Oh, by the way, it didn't have this either :P ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o05PQRO1UW4

How big are the stock partitions compared to the ones Amphoras made us?

Not my favourite build :(

Something really weird is messing your install up, and the only thing that differentiates it is the fact that releasetools determined your system as too small.

Also, that animation isn't in yet.

Sonuxis

Sonuxis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent/Dazzozo's CM9
No install problem for me after a full wipe...

domenico lamberti

domenico lamberti

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
same here, everything is as smooth as butter over here, no GPU acceleration and only OC'd to 860

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
Some surprises maybe coming soon. I'll work on BT on CM7 after those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users