[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Download MXPlayer and the armv6 codecs and you can use that to watch videos on CM9 without problems.

Ahh thank you! Playing videos from my SDcard perfectly :)

Guest dimi89

@BabyAndroid No it doesnt work and you should read first page 2nd post and get more info about rom ... Also youtube player isnt working (it workis but u cant watch video because it laggs too much )

Guest nicthemighty

Hi there,

Just installed the latest build, awesome work Dazzozo! Really spruced up my SF2 and will tide me over until I can upgrade my handset!

A couple of questions, hopefully nothing too serious.

Firstly, I've noticed my battery life is fairly poor when I am using the phone - I can get about 12 hours out of it when I'm not really using it (maybe 5-10 mins of SMS) with most battery going to GSM Standby and WiFi. However, if I use any app that requires the screen to be on constantly (web browsing and games), I've been losing 1% battery every minute - and battery monitor shows it is all going to the screen being on. I've tried playing with brightness levels but nothing seems to fix it... Any ideas?

Also, occasionally, any app that uses the built in browser under the covers (Gmail & Facebook mostly) will display a blank screen - by that, I see the page load but it then disappears... and will show bits and pieces if I scroll around, but goes again once I stop scrolling.

Sorry to be a pain, I really appreciate the work you've done, and if these two issues were easily fixed it would be perfect in my eyes!

Guest AmbushReality
@BabyAndroid No it doesnt work and you should read first page 2nd post and get more info about rom ... Also youtube player isnt working (it workis but u cant watch video because it laggs too much )

Not Necessarily, there is YouTube LQ, Which works on CM9

Guest Dazzozo

I've been losing 1% battery every minute - and battery monitor shows it is all going to the screen being on. I've tried playing with brightness levels but nothing seems to fix it... Any ideas?

That's what happens when you run ICS on a terrible, rushed device. ZTE screwed up somewhere. The same capacity battery in the G300 lasts me days. There's possibly some sleep issues but I think they were all resolved a while back. That's just life really.

Also, occasionally, any app that uses the built in browser under the covers (Gmail & Facebook mostly) will display a blank screen - by that, I see the page load but it then disappears... and will show bits and pieces if I scroll around, but goes again once I stop scrolling.

I think that was fixed in CM10.

Guest nicthemighty

That's what happens when you run ICS on a terrible, rushed device. ZTE screwed up somewhere. The same capacity battery in the G300 lasts me days. There's possibly some sleep issues but I think they were all resolved a while back. That's just life really.

Thanks for the quick reply - I will follow progress of your CM10 port and flash when it's stable - thanks again for all the great work!

I know but low quality looks really ugly, is there really no way to play youtube hq without lag. Thats the only thing that stops me from flashing this rom right away

Guest BLu3HaZe

@gbosh - To play high quality video, you need hardware acceleration. Which isn't supported for video on ICS as it does not have the proper OMX IL libraries/drivers. So all video decoding has to be done by the CPU which is capable of playing LQ video but not powerful enough to play anything HQ.

In short - No HQ with software rendering

I know but as far as I know it does work with mxplayer, because it uses its own hardware decoder, so I want to play YouTube with it, but I think that nobody has found a way to so so yet. Oh well still gonna try this rom when im back from vacation

Guest BLu3HaZe

I know but as far as I know it does work with mxplayer, because it uses its own hardware decoder, so I want to play YouTube with it, but I think that nobody has found a way to so so yet. Oh well still gonna try this rom when im back from vacation

It has it's own software decoder you mean? What the OS can't natively play, it will, using SW mode in my experience, right?

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest plewis1981

You could download from YouTube with tubemate and then watch in MX.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I reflashed CM9 last night out of boredom and I had battery issues and crashing/rebooting problems in the past.

I'm happy to say it's finally working perfect, battery lasted 19 hours 45 minutes until it got down to 4% and needed a charge. That included having wifi on for a good 4/5 hours, mobile data being turned on all day and overclocked to 122-902 on interactive governer. I'm impressed and really pleased with my results.

Out of interest, does anybody know any good themes I can try out? I'm currently using the Jelly Bean theme and it's not as good as I expected.

Thanks!

Guest AmbushReality
I reflashed CM9 last night out of boredom and I had battery issues and crashing/rebooting problems in the past.

I'm happy to say it's finally working perfect, battery lasted 19 hours 45 minutes until it got down to 4% and needed a charge. That included having wifi on for a good 4/5 hours, mobile data being turned on all day and overclocked to 122-902 on interactive governer. I'm impressed and really pleased with my results.

Out of interest, does anybody know any good themes I can try out? I'm currently using the Jelly Bean theme and it's not as good as I expected.

Thanks!

My favourite is Natezmod (or something like that) Blue/red, but there's more colours available

Hello guys,

I just fallowed this tutorial step by step to upgrade my T-mobile Vivacity and got a problem: NO SIGNAL FOR CALLING. I mean no 3G or 2G... when I try to connect to a network it just says that at the moment it's impossible.

All so I checked my phone information and it says that it is P736V and not E, as it was whit the stock rom. Maybe I should install rom P736V to solve the problem with network connection or it's my phone problem?

and by the way, is it possible that someone is going to fix camera flush light and front camera?

Thankyou and sorry if I made a lot of mistakes.

Guest plewis1981

Thanks!

Cobalt from the play story is my favorite. Comes in a choice of colours to.

Does anyone have problem with automatic brightness option ? It doesnt work for me , brightness is always set to (i think) 40% and does not adjust automatically....

I think no one cares anymore about this rom and bugs...

Edited by Lamerys

@Lamerys i have same problem with Cyanogen mod 7 - FnC7 is working fine (auto brightness is working fine).....

@b4da55 yea i know about camera and youtube and it is fine but what about automatic brightness ... When i go out i must set brightness muself every time before i can see anything.... Also when i finish typing or reading message i must lower it manually again (so i will save battery )....