Photo

[ICS] [AOKP] [4.0.4] Android Open Kang Project for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/07]

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

I'm new to Modaco and I have tried out the beta for this splendid version of Android on my San Francisco II and I have found out that every now and again, when testing out the software, the phone turns off and restarts a few minutes later when pressing the on button, don't know whether this is because I'm charging the phone using my PC and also when this happens, the usb port on my PC also malfunctions yet I plug-in other devices and the same port works as normal. Does anyone else have the same issue as this may need addressing, I'll post more on this later on.

It's far from beta software.

In both CM9 and AOKP distributions I've noticed this too on the Crescent, though it seems to have cleared up in CM9 somehow and I've only seen it happen once since I started releasing builds, which has been a good few weeks now.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

Metooism

Metooism

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Thank you very very much

非常谢谢,如果能把相机搞定就好了
Thank you very much, if you can get the camera

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
New build live.

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

misodoctakleidist

misodoctakleidist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I've just flashed this.

The GPS is working.

Trying to turn on the LED torch gives the error "Unfortunately, system UI has stopped." Probably because it depends on the camera.

Haven't seen any other bugs yet apart from the ones that are already known (wifi indicator, camera, red borders).

Edit: Google Places is force closing whenever I try to search for something in it. Don't know if it's because of this ROM.

Edit 2: Seems to be working now after a re-start.

Edit 3: Auto-brightness is a bit glitchy. When you first toggle it on, it just stays at previous brightness levels until you either turn the screen off or cover up the light sensors. Not really a major issue though.

Edited by misodoctakleidist, 11 April 2012 - 10:40 PM.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Edit 3: Auto-brightness is a bit glitchy. When you first toggle it on, it just stays at previous brightness levels until you either turn the screen off or cover up the light sensors. Not really a major issue though.

Probably an AOKP specific thing. On CM9 I tick that box and it fades out instantly.

Edit: Your description of this seems to be... working as intended? That just seems to be the behaviour of it in a light environment.

Edited by Dazzozo, 11 April 2012 - 10:46 PM.

misodoctakleidist

misodoctakleidist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Probably an AOKP specific thing. On CM9 I tick that box and it fades out instantly.

Edit: Your description of this seems to be... working as intended? That just seems to be the behaviour of it in a light environment.

I have tried it with brightness on full and on zero before switching to auto. In both cases it stays at previous brightness till the screen turns off or I cover the light sensors at which point it suddenly goes up/down. It doesn't really matter though because it is never likely to be long before the screen turns off anyway.

That's the only bug I've been able to find so I'm going to try CM9 now.

Edit: I'm actually getting the same thing on CM9. If I turn brightness to full then to auto it will stay at full, but if I turn it to zero then to auto it will stay at zero.

Edited by misodoctakleidist, 11 April 2012 - 11:22 PM.

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Tesco Hudl
  • Twitter:@djsubterrain

I have tried it with brightness on full and on zero before switching to auto. In both cases it stays at previous brightness till the screen turns off or I cover the light sensors at which point it suddenly goes up/down. It doesn't really matter though because it is never likely to be long before the screen turns off anyway.

Edit: I'm actually getting the same thing on CM9. If I turn brightness to full then to auto it will stay at full, but if I turn it to zero then to auto it will stay at zero.

Even after a restart with those settings?

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Now that's really strange. Do you have a TMV or an SF2?

misodoctakleidist

misodoctakleidist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I have an SFII.

If I'm the only person getting this then it is probably my fault. I removed some stuff from the ROM so it would fit on my system partition, but I didn't think I'd removed anything that would effect the way it works (just ringtones, videos, boot animation, and a couple of apps).

psychokilla,

It works even after just turning the screen on and off.

If nobody else is experiencing this then it must be something I've done.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

I have an SFII.

If I'm the only person getting this then it is probably my fault. I removed some stuff from the ROM so it would fit on my system partition, but I didn't think I'd removed anything that would effect the way it works (just ringtones, videos, boot animation, and a couple of apps).

psychokilla,

It works even after just turning the screen on and off.

If nobody else is experiencing this then it must be something I've done.

I'm on an SF2 and I've never seen an issue like this.

It could be some really strange manifestation of a small partition - have you used a TPT to shrink system?

The next CM9 build will be on common_mini_phone which will shrink the ROM a little.

misodoctakleidist

misodoctakleidist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

I'm on an SF2 and I've never seen an issue like this.

It could be some really strange manifestation of a small partition - have you used a TPT to shrink system?

The next CM9 build will be on common_mini_phone which will shrink the ROM a little.

Yeah. I used a TPT to shrink system to 160MB. I noticed that it doesn't install face unlock, presumably due to lack of space, so maybe there is something else like that.

What is common_mini_phone? Is it likely to make much of a difference?

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Yeah. I used a TPT to shrink system to 160MB. I noticed that it doesn't install face unlock, presumably due to lack of space, so maybe there is something else like that.

What is common_mini_phone? Is it likely to make much of a difference?

http://review.cyanog...m/#change,13333

Strips out all of the useless videos on the system partition.

misodoctakleidist

misodoctakleidist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Ah. That's a good idea.

It looks like it automates most of what I did manually.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
AOKP build up with Wi-Fi indicator and wpa_supplicant 8.

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Tesco Hudl
  • Twitter:@djsubterrain
Nice, I'll pop this in and see how she runs.

welshrage

welshrage

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:SFII or Crescent or Blade 2
i notice this post is bein left in the shadows now that cm9 is runnin fine.. is this version gonna be continued and bug fixed? i really love the rom controls on this rom, but love the stability of the cm9 rom

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

i notice this post is bein left in the shadows now that cm9 is runnin fine.. is this version gonna be continued and bug fixed? i really love the rom controls on this rom, but love the stability of the cm9 rom

What? This version does get the bug fixes that CM9 gets... Like I said, hardware first. When the Camera is near enough sorted I can work on specific things to each ROM. I am working on a certain list of priorities, chill out. I wouldn't have put the thread up otherwise.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
Boom! Surprise!

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Yay! :D

ok flashed and tested. Wow I love it. It's like CM9 but without the need for mods to improve it! Nova built in. Notification bar tweaks. Loads more customization.

And since CM9 this seems loads better. Camera is working fine. Banding and slight tearing on zoom. YouTube video still choppy with OC @ 920.

Oh and the softbuttons rock. Completely customizable :D

(did I miss much? - just been raving about it in chat ( #zte-crescent on Freenode: irc.freenode.net:6667 <-- shameless plug :D))

Edited by fr0do, 14 May 2012 - 08:27 PM.

Posted Image

sispeer

sispeer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:zte crescent
First of all nice work doz. Without people like you we'd still be in the dark ages

Would the tmo zip from cm9 work on this.

Thanks keep up the good work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users