Photo

CWM 5.x.x.x with ext4 support question?

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Poll: CWM with ext4 support?!... (146 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like a newer CWM compiled for the Blade?

1. Yes (126 votes [86.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 86.30%

2. No (2 votes [1.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.37%

3. Not Bothered (18 votes [12.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate

I compiled it for Blade but I never released it because it had that sd-ext issue. I've managed to fix that now and here is a new image.

recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-blade.zip
http://www.mediafire...vn0v8w2eebgxdpv

I can confirm that it also has that cold boot issue as described. It works ok if you select reboot to recovery from your ROM (or adb reboot recovery). Keys stop working if you boot to recovery using volume down key while booting. Should be fully working other than that.

Got any checksums so that I can verify that this has correctly downloaded please :D

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
  • Devices:GT-S8500,Zte Blade,SE ST15i
  • Twitter:@t0mm13b

I compiled it for Blade but I never released it because it had that sd-ext issue. I've managed to fix that now and here is a new image.

I can confirm that it also has that cold boot issue as described. It works ok if you select reboot to recovery from your ROM (or adb reboot recovery). Keys stop working if you boot to recovery using volume down key while booting. Should be fully working other than that.

That problem is the kernel used in the recovery!

The keys do deliberately get frozen and locked as a result due to this stupid FTM mode (on the face of it, no one hardly uses it, its there by default on the compiled cm7/cm9 kernel AFAIK) which I found it to be very very annoying, not alone that, the more recent kernel version of .32 fails to work with recovery. I recall having to do a lot of rooting around looking for the exact .32 version that works with recovery when working on the clockworkmodgui recovery :)

try{ not_laugh; }catch{ FAIL; }finally{ laugh; }

shmizan

shmizan

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

I mean, can Rom Manager control it?

I have it running and yes Rom Manager can control it (although it shouldn't. it thinks my version is 5.0.2.0 and thus doesn't want me to update before I use the flash new ROM feature) but the only thing I couldn't get to work is canceling the progress bars which make the backup and restore REALLY REALLY slow. like 10-20 minutes each!

The keys do deliberately get frozen and locked as a result due to this stupid FTM mode (on the face of it, no one hardly uses it, its there by default on the compiled cm7/cm9 kernel AFAIK) which I found it to be very very annoying, not alone that, the more recent kernel version of .32 fails to work with recovery. I recall having to do a lot of rooting around looking for the exact .32 version that works with recovery when working on the clockworkmodgui recovery :)

Hi there! didn't see you post for a while. I wonder what it takes to make a newer version of the touch recovery you did a few months ago (and works really well for me since my vol rocker doesn't work).

Orange San Francisco, Upgraded to Gen 2 with TPT Helper (custom partition layout: 150-sys, 302-data, 4-cache)
CyanogenMod 10

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

I have it running and yes Rom Manager can control it (although it shouldn't. it thinks my version is 5.0.2.0 and thus doesn't want me to update before I use the flash new ROM feature) but the only thing I couldn't get to work is canceling the progress bars which make the backup and restore REALLY REALLY slow. like 10-20 minutes each!

Hi there! didn't see you post for a while. I wonder what it takes to make a newer version of the touch recovery you did a few months ago (and works really well for me since my vol rocker doesn't work).

It most certainly can be done... ;)

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Try enabling the progress bars. I think on the official version 4 ones the setting was reversed somehow, maybe its the same here.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

shmizan

shmizan

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Try enabling the progress bars. I think on the official version 4 ones the setting was reversed somehow, maybe its the same here.

a true genius there :) didn't even came up my mind trying this. okay so the touch recovery we have works correctly in all aspects. an update would be awesome though :)

Orange San Francisco, Upgraded to Gen 2 with TPT Helper (custom partition layout: 150-sys, 302-data, 4-cache)
CyanogenMod 10

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Got any checksums so that I can verify that this has correctly downloaded please :D

md5:d9fafd5e7ea00fa532b6a86e7e71538b

Thanks for the info. :) So CONFIG_ZTE_FTM_FLAG_SUPPORT should be turned off?

I did another build using recovery kernel used in sebastian404's builds and the same issue still remains. It's .29 kernel(?) and it works with fine with CWM 4.0.1.5.

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Thanks for the info. :) So CONFIG_ZTE_FTM_FLAG_SUPPORT should be turned off?

I did another build using recovery kernel used in sebastian404's builds and the same issue still remains. It's .29 kernel(?) and it works with fine with CWM 4.0.1.5.

Yep that's the CONFIG option! :)

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Sorry I meant an MD5 (checksum) for the actual recovery.img file... On a side note, the recovery image is SOoooo big, it's just over 5MB, are you sure it will fit into a Blade Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT???... I can remember using a version of CWM4 which is less than 4MB size!... Why the extra?... Will this fit in the partition layout done by wbaw?... HERE a linky to the OP for Blade's Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT...

:P

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

..Abel..

..Abel..

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade / Dell XCD 35
  • Twitter:@Ace_Able
hey guys whats this ?
recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.img 02-Feb-2012 10:21 4071424
ecovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.img.md5s..> 02-Feb-2012 10:21 90
recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.zip 02-Feb-2012 10:21 1586061
recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.zip.md5s..> 02-Feb-2012 10:21 98

FOUND it here !
http://download.cloc...com/recoveries/
CAN I FLASH THE Zip ?

Edited by ..Abel.., 11 April 2012 - 09:12 AM.

Posted Image
JELLY BEAN :)

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
  • Devices:Hudl 2, Blade V
That's probably the broken one I mentioned here: http://android.modac...ost__p__1931929 ?

It's not listed as available here: http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager
And rom manager says there isn't one available for the Blade

Edited by targetbsp, 11 April 2012 - 09:27 AM.

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

..Abel..

..Abel..

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

can i flash that zip and revert back later ?

Edited by ..Abel.., 11 April 2012 - 09:51 AM.

Posted Image

..Abel..

..Abel..

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

That's probably the broken one I mentioned here: http://android.modac...ost__p__1931929 ?

It's not listed as available here: http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager
And rom manager says there isn't one available for the Blade

can i flash that zip and revert back later ?

YUP tried it ! it doesnt work !

Edited by ..Abel.., 11 April 2012 - 10:11 AM.

Posted Image

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Sorry I meant an MD5 (checksum) for the actual recovery.img file...

md5:ce89b3e624c678ea4d73d643ae29436c

Apparently cold booting works on Skate with HOME, VOLUME UP and POWER key combination (any idea why?). Mine is a TPT gen1->gen2 updated so it just sticks in fastboot mode if I use that combo. Someone with a "real" gen2 device (bought with Android 2.2 or windows updated) might want to try that combo to see if works.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

hey guys whats this ?
recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.img 02-Feb-2012 10:21 4071424
ecovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.img.md5s..> 02-Feb-2012 10:21 90
recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.zip 02-Feb-2012 10:21 1586061
recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.zip.md5s..> 02-Feb-2012 10:21 98

FOUND it here !
http://download.cloc...com/recoveries/
CAN I FLASH THE Zip ?

I got onto the menu screen and buttons are still working, did this by integrating it into my custom TPT and then using this TPT to create a fresh CWM only device (no rom), however the screen is upside down, I haven't tried flashing anything yet or doing a nandroid backup/restore, so can't say if this fully works... People are welcome to try, for me it's useless as it doesn't support ext4 partition creation! (like it does on my wildfire CWM 5.0.2.7)... I love to have this option supported if anyone is upto compiling it for this device and also the Skate as well!... :P

md5:ce89b3e624c678ea4d73d643ae29436c

Apparently cold booting works on Skate with HOME, VOLUME UP and POWER key combination (any idea why?). Mine is a TPT gen1->gen2 updated so it just sticks in fastboot mode if I use that combo. Someone with a "real" gen2 device (bought with Android 2.2 or windows updated) might want to try that combo to see if works.

Do you mean you've tried this version on the Skate and got it booting?... Or do you mean you compiled this version for the Skate and got it working (besides the buttons on cold boot)?... The button combination above doesn't work as I did a TPT on my Blade with the your CWM version and it just loads up bootloader or is it the splash screen (not sure which), the buttons still don't respond when CWM is cold booted, only works when booting from a TPT flash or a reboot recovery command within the CWM menu options...

Edited by trueno2k, 15 April 2012 - 01:52 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Do you mean you've tried this version on the Skate and got it booting?... Or do you mean you compiled this version for the Skate and got it working (besides the buttons on cold boot)?... The button combination above doesn't work as I did a TPT on my Blade with the your CWM version and it just loads up bootloader or is it the splash screen (not sure which), the buttons still don't respond when CWM is cold booted, only works when booting from a TPT flash or a reboot recovery command within the CWM menu options...

No, this is compiled for Blade and it only works in Blade.

That button combination works with cold boot on Skate's clockworkmod 5.5.0.4. This Blade build is pretty much the same except the kernel is different.

Blades that were sold with Android 2.1 (gen1 models) stay in fastboot mode if you press volume up during boot. This is disabled in Blades that were sold with Android 2.2 (gen2 models). Using a TPT to update to gen2 doesn't actually make your phone "real" gen2. That's why I was wondering if the same key combo would work in real gen2 blade (sold with 2.2 or used a windows tool to update to 2.2).

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

No, this is compiled for Blade and it only works in Blade.

That button combination works with cold boot on Skate's clockworkmod 5.5.0.4. This Blade build is pretty much the same except the kernel is different.

Blades that were sold with Android 2.1 (gen1 models) stay in fastboot mode if you press volume up during boot. This is disabled in Blades that were sold with Android 2.2 (gen2 models). Using a TPT to update to gen2 doesn't actually make your phone "real" gen2. That's why I was wondering if the same key combo would work in real gen2 blade (sold with 2.2 or used a windows tool to update to 2.2).

Okay, I see what you were trying to get at... I just tried the HOME + VOLUME UP + POWER key combination on my OMC and CWM 5.5.0.4 booted up with hard keys fully working, I completely forgot about the above thread :P ... Seeing as I don't care about reverting back Eclair or even Froyo, can I use the same program used for unlocking the OMC / Skate to windows TPT flash my OSF / Blade to Gen2 permanently (using the Blade Gen2 stock TPT)?... I also remember by doing this I am unable to use the Gen1 to Gen2 TPT method once TPT flashing through the windows program, is that right or wrong?... Would that mean I'll have to use the windows program everytime I want to change the partition format on my OSF / Blade?...

I found out I can Gen1 to Gen2 TPT the OSF / Blade using only the partition layout files and all necessary .img files as listed below, but I was also wondering whether this method can be used on the windows TPT flashing tool using only the files listed below as well?...

appsboot.mbn
appsboothd.mbn
partition.mbn
partition_zte.mbn
boot.img
recovery.img
system.img
userdata.img
cache.img

Much appreciate the response :D :P

UPDATE: I've just flashed Burstlam's ICS AOKP on to my OSF and so far the rom is working perfectly as it should from a fresh build flash, so, besides the upside down issue CWM 5.8.1.0 (supposedly touch version) is working... but this version still doesn't support ext4!... Is this due to the kernel or something, I don't understand why my Wildfire CWM has the option to partition my sdcards with ext 2, 3 & 4 partitions and it is only version 5.0.2.7?...

Edited by trueno2k, 15 April 2012 - 04:33 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
Here is a fresh build of ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4. It should be now fully working. Posted Image Cold boot works normally with VOLUME DOWN key pressed. Thanks goes to Koush and Tom G.

Edit. See post #56.

DrPaua

DrPaua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

Here is a fresh build of ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4. It should be now fully working. :) Cold boot works normally with VOLUME DOWN key pressed. Thanks goes to Koush and Tom G.

md5:245337f2ea21c275da8d3e7bbfed9935

recovery.img
md5:d0cec293f1d78ea8bd4e211aead0b9cc

Just flash via "old" CWM?

shmizan

shmizan

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
I wonder what about touch recovery? can it be done too? my volume keys are gone and the PhoTom 4.0.1.5 is all I got. can we update it?

CyanogenMod 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users