CWM 5.x.x.x with ext4 support question?

Guest trueno2k

Guest Amphoras

So, this is a bump for the above quote, yeah sorry for nagging :P just hope to have the questions above answered so I don't brick my Blade if I try doing the above flash methods.... Thanks for the reply...

As long as TPT works for me using the files in the above quote list I shouldn't come across any trouble besides reflashing a rom again from scratch that is :P... Atm, my Blade is only used for experimenting new flashes and custom setups I do extra for partitions and system/data app installations, so nothing important can be lost :D...

You'll need to use all the files to convert to stock Gen 2. Some of the files you haven't listed are still Gen 1 on your phone, so to be fully Gen 2 you need to use all the files with the flasher. Even if you didn't, I don't know if the flasher can flash only some files, or if its safe to do so. As far as I know no one has tried only flashing some files with it.

Guest trueno2k

Okay thanks for the reply, but any chances for answers in the below quote I originally posted in #37

... Seeing as I don't care about reverting back Eclair or even Froyo, can I use the same program used for unlocking the OMC / Skate to windows TPT flash my OSF / Blade to Gen2 permanently (using the Blade Gen2 stock TPT)?... I also remember by doing this I am unable to use the Gen1 to Gen2 TPT method once TPT flashing through the windows program, is that right or wrong?... Would that mean I'll have to use the windows program everytime I want to change the partition format on my OSF / Blade?...

...besides the upside down issue CWM 5.8.1.0 (supposedly touch version) is working... but this version still doesn't support ext4!... Is this due to the kernel or something, I don't understand why my Wildfire CWM has the option to partition my sdcards with ext 2, 3 & 4 partitions and it is only version 5.0.2.7?...

I'll do a search on XDA for the work needed on converting my Blade to full Gen2 Blade... However, to get me started can someone show me where I can get started for my research please?!... :P Edited by trueno2k

Guest Amphoras

Okay thanks for the reply, but any chances for answers in the below quote I originally posted in #37

I'll do a search on XDA for the work needed on converting my Blade to full Gen2 Blade... However, to get me started can someone show me where I can get started for my research please?!... :P

You just need to use http://android.modaco.com/topic/339048-guide-flashing-firmware-to-bladelibra-via-windows/ and flash one of the packages that says it is compatible with Gen 2 TPTs (image.bin ones). You won't be able to use the Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPTs any more, but you can use image.bin TPTs.

There isn't really any advantage to doing this though unless you want to go to Gen 3. Fully Gen 2/3 Blades have 15mb less space than Gen 1/hybrid Gen 2 ones, and the TPTs are more annoying to make. Fastboot doesn't work by default, so you'd need to use a TPT to enable that as well. Also if you ever need to go back to stock for the warranty, then its easier if you only have to use a TPT rather than the Windows Flasher as well.

Guest trueno2k
You just need to use http://android.modac...ra-via-windows/ and flash one of the packages that says it is compatible with Gen 2 TPTs (image.bin ones). You won't be able to use the Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPTs any more, but you can use image.bin TPTs.

There isn't really any advantage to doing this though unless you want to go to Gen 3. Fully Gen 2/3 Blades have 15mb less space than Gen 1/hybrid Gen 2 ones, and the TPTs are more annoying to make. Fastboot doesn't work by default, so you'd need to use a TPT to enable that as well. Also if you ever need to go back to stock for the warranty, then its easier if you only have to use a TPT rather than the Windows Flasher as well.

Hi Amphoras, I should have asked you these questions in the beginning as I know you helped me & others out with the partitioning of the OMC / Skate :P ... So from all that explanation above, I should stick to the Gen1 to Gen2 method of TPT as it doesn't loose you stoarge space like Native Gen2 handset does, easier TPT just by placing the actual files instead of messing around with creating the image.bin file, and keeps it simple when I need stock rom for warranty purposes... SO, thats one less thing to think about now :P ... Thanks Amphoras

UPDATE: Just been playing around with version 5.5.0.4 of CWM recovery and found I can not mount my sdcard, gives me "E:Unable to open v*s lunfile (No such file or directory)"... Anyone else getting this problem???
Okay, back to my original topic!... Would love to get sdcard ext4 support and creation on any version of CWM like what we have on the HTC Wildfire!... SO, is there no interest in getting this to work?... Currently the only method I can find is by using a combination of terminal commands ( is that right? ) via a command prompt under Windiows on my PC using a guide I found on the net, which is sometimes a pain when I wanna either increase or decrease the size of ext4 on any of my sdcards I use on my devices... I hope there are interests in this area, as what I am writing here now, is just babble and a waste of post :P if I can not get any help soon... Or better yet, I'll go find the dev that released the 5.0.2.7 CWM version for the Wildfire and ask whether he could help out... Okay, thats enough from me :)

Laters Aligators! :P

Edited by trueno2k

Guest KonstaT

UPDATE: Just been playing around with version 5.5.0.4 of CWM recovery and found I can not mount my sdcard, gives me "E:Unable to open v*s lunfile (No such file or directory)"... Anyone else getting this problem???

Yeah, same here. Strangely it worked on the previous build because I remember testing it then. I used some ancient ColdfusionX device tree to compile the previous versions. Bad news is that I just formatted my HD and installed another distro this week. Now I have no idea what's different compared to current CM9 device tree. There was at least some custom usb controller at that time (if it makes any difference). The ums lunfile path should be right I guess...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

Fresh (and hopefully final ;)) build of ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4. Sdcard can be mounted as USB storage via 'mounts and storage' menu so this should be now fully working version.

Clockworkmod needs to have BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE defined so the diff to regular CM9 blade BoardConfig.mk is:

TARGET_USE_CUSTOM_LUN_FILE_PATH := /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file
+BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE := "/sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file"[/CODE]

recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-blade.zip

md5:2c3ed2e4be8d00ed93d6a255bcc81604

recovery.img

md5:e93a357ec41f9e45101e643446e95f97

Guest DrPaua
[...]Clockworkmod needs to have BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE defined so the diff to regular CM9 blade BoardConfig.mk is:

TARGET_USE_CUSTOM_LUN_FILE_PATH := /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file

+BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE := "/sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file"

[...]

can you please explain that? :)

Guest KonstaT

can you please explain that? :)

If you look at the ClockWorkMod source you can see that it uses the BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE path. It isn't currently defined in blade's CM9 BoardConfig.mk so I needed to add that one line (BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE := "/sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file") to make the USB mass storage work in recovery.

Nothing major and it really doesn't concern anyone if you're not compiling it from source yourself. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

KonstaT cant you make Clockworkmod touch?

Already asked and answered couple of times in this thread.

No, there is no source code available for the official clockworkmod touch recovery.

Guest trueno2k

Thanks KonstaT, that's done the job, hopefully that is all that is needed fixing and eveything else should work how it should... :thumb:

Fresh (and hopefully final wink.png) build of ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4. Sdcard can be mounted as USB storage via 'mounts and storage' menu so this should be now fully working version.

Clockworkmod needs to have BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE defined so the diff to regular CM9 blade BoardConfig.mk is:

+BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE := "/sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file"

md5:2c3ed2e4be8d00ed93d6a255bcc81604

recovery.img

md5:e93a357ec41f9e45101e643446e95f97

Download file link:

http://www.modaco.co...attach_id=80762

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

Here is fresh build of CWM 5.5.0.4. This has repeatable keys enabled so you can just press and hold volume keys to scroll the menus.

If you see 'back menu button enabled/disabled' text while scrolling the menus, it's not a bug - it's a feature (just easier to enable it now).

http://www.mediafire...lav9ukdv678dqcc

md5:c789ea7c9845a1bf64466de52336fb7c

recovery.img

md5:231993f1f00ea82fde55c93dcab088ca

Here is fresh build of CWM 5.5.0.4. This has repeatable keys enabled so you can just press and hold volume keys to scroll the menus.

If you see 'back menu button enabled/disabled' text while scrolling the menus, it's not a bug - it's a feature (just easier to enable it now).

recovery.img

Thanks a hundred for that ;)

Guest Snap.IT

recovery.img

Hi KonstaT, i get the same problems with this one as i do when using GEN2TPT's on my GEN3 Blade, blue screen and vertical white stripes. :(

Is there any info on why that is? I researched it for a fix but couldn't find anything.

Guest derpy

Hi KonstaT, have you tried porting TWRP 2.0? I think it would be nice having this Recovery for our Blades.

Thanks in advance and thanks for all your great work!

Guest vNa5h

recovery.img

is it worth upgrading from the official 5.0.2.0

i mean what is the changelog?

Guest targetbsp

is it worth upgrading from the official 5.0.2.0

i mean what is the changelog?

Support for backing up and restoring Ext4 is why I'm using it.

[edit]

As the thread title implies I guess. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest vNa5h

recovery.img

Are there any known bugs in this...

or should i stay with 5.0.2.0

Guest targetbsp

It works great if you need any of the new features (ie. Ext4 support or hold to scroll). There's not much point if you don't. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Akash P

yeah backup takes almost 10-15 min for me with cwm 5

It take that long? It takes hardly a minute on mine to make a complete nandroid! Maybe that's because I use a class 10 sd.

Guest vNa5h

It take that long? It takes hardly a minute on mine to make a complete nandroid! Maybe that's because I use a class 10 sd.

i use class 6

and backup sd-ext too

Guest Akash P

i use class 6

and backup sd-ext too

I backup sd-ext too. But it has never taken that long to do a complete backup. Really don't know why that happens.