Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
  • Devices:GT-S8500,Zte Blade,SE ST15i
  • Twitter:@t0mm13b

to put built into one file manager ...

Market gives me an error - Says NO spaces INSTALLATION OF APPLICATION

Hmmm.. that looks familiar - can you confirm if you get this, by running adb shell with cable plugged into handset?

sh-4.1# mount
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock5 /system yaffs2 ro,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock6 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock4 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock6 /cache/download yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:0 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0602,dmask=0602,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:0 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0602,dmask=0602,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0

The line of particular importance is /cache/download ...

/dev/block/mtdblock6 /cache/download yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0

If that is not present, by the sound of it, you need to reboot again and see if the /cache/download directory is present - that's the market complaining it could not find the space to download apk's temporarily... or manually delete the apk's and whatnots you have in that directory... on mine I get this
sh-4.1# df
Filesystem             Size   Used   Free   Blksize
/dev                   209M    32K   209M   4096
/mnt/asec              209M     0K   209M   4096
/mnt/obb               209M     0K   209M   4096
/system                215M   101M   113M   4096
/data                  203M    27M   176M   4096
/cache                  37M     1M    36M   4096
/cache/download        203M    27M   176M   4096
/mnt/sdcard              1G     1G   836M   4096
/mnt/secure/asec         1G     1G   836M   4096
:)

try{ not_laugh; }catch{ FAIL; }finally{ laugh; }

k.d.11

k.d.11

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade
So smooth ! :D Thank you very much for releasing a pure stock 2.3.7! It works very very well i must say !

ozal6t

ozal6t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Would not worry too much about that! I would not define that as 'incompatibility', maybe the baseband version is hard-coded into the build.prop (I cannot recall if that's the case...) It does not necessarily mean anything per se! :)

Unfortunately, I haven't enough free time at the moment. But I hope I have much more time and energy on the weekend.
Keep up the good work. This is the most sympathetic rom i have ever seen.

I will inform you about it will work or not.

rsk76

rsk76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
hardware 'home' button not working

SlyXo

SlyXo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
For me home button is working, but market gives me tha same error - no spaces INSTALLATION OF APPLICATION...

k.d.11

k.d.11

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
My browser is crashing pretty unnecessarily..i tried different browsers but all of them crash very arbitrarily..they crash if i try to go to modaco or xda and even mediafire..but wikipedia works fine..Posted Image any idea why this happens?
And i cant reproduce any of the other errors posted above so except the browser its bug free for me..

Edited by k.d.11, 10 April 2012 - 10:03 PM.

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

My browser is crashing pretty unnecessarily..i tried different browsers but all of them crash very arbitrarily..they crash if i try to go to modaco or xda and even mediafire..but wikipedia works fine..Posted Image any idea why this happens?
And i cant reproduce any of the other errors posted above so except the browser its bug free for me..

Okie, long-shot here, apparently it could be the browser configuration is corrupted, so try this,

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, tap on 'All', scroll down for Browser, tap on 'Clear Data' and back out of the menus until you get back to the home-screen, now try running the browser? *fingers crossed* Have a suspicious feeling its tied to the javascript or quite possibly some flash in the webpage which could explain why wikipedia works okie ...

what browsers have you tried as matter of interest? :)

Edited by t0mm13b, 10 April 2012 - 10:23 PM.

rsk76

rsk76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
soz..restarted the phoe and home button is working again

k.d.11

k.d.11

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Still doesnt work.. i tried restarting the phone after that too but to no avail.. :(
i tried opera, dolphin and stock ..
Edit:Based on what you said about it being something about flash or javascript i decided to try opera mini and it works! But it still baffles me as to why the others shouldnt work?

Edited by k.d.11, 10 April 2012 - 10:33 PM.

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Still doesnt work.. i tried restarting the phone after that too but to no avail.. :(
i tried opera, dolphin and stock ..
Edit:Based on what you said about it being something about flash or javascript i decided to try opera mini and it works! But it still baffles me as to why the others shouldnt work?

Now! That is darn interesting, perhaps its how the browser handles some heavy javascript stuff, in which opera does it by itself using their own code instead of android's stock library to handle the heavy lifting of "interactive heavy websites..." *shrugs*

So it might be a worthy alternative to use that for the moment while ...

I am googling for any patches for the webkit stuff.... :)

k.d.11

k.d.11

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Yes i can confirm that hypothesis! Both opera mobile and opera mini work while dolphin and stock crash.

Edited by k.d.11, 10 April 2012 - 10:43 PM.

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Yes i can confirm that hypothesis! Both opera mobile and opera mini work while dolphin and stock crash.

Have looked in the stock browser, hit menu, go into settings, disable javascript, disable plugins and see what happens? Can confirm the browser is still working though...

The onus is this, the sites will appear "limited" in the sense that there's no javascript functionality which might hinder your expectations of visiting/browsing websites...

Also, another thing, with the exception of opera, they seem to rely on the stock browser settings also, possibly... this is an open-ended question here... :)

Also, have a look at this question that appeared on stack-overflow. Need to ascertain if its entirely the javascript engine or some wonky html code underneath the web-page... who knows :)

Edited by t0mm13b, 10 April 2012 - 11:09 PM.

k.d.11

k.d.11

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Okay..!the question on stackoverflow makes the problem clear to me and Yes..stock browser does work with javascript and plugins disabled although some pages appear a bit weird but its still fine with opera as backup..thanks!

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Are you using the latest opera mini, I think its 7.0.1? I am getting constant crashes with both it and mini next. 7.0 was fine but 7.0.1 is crashing all the time even with 2 or 3 tabs open.
I'm not on this rom but its something to be aware of. Same issue on 2 seperate roms so thinking its an Opera problem with the latest update

voki081

voki081

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:i7500
I have not been here for a long time and I want to install this rom.
Currently I am using GSF beta19 and want to know, will I need to change something before installation of this rom, or I can go directly to installation, by instructions in the first post.
Thanks in advance

Edited by voki081, 11 April 2012 - 04:39 PM.

k.d.11

k.d.11

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Are you using the latest opera mini, I think its 7.0.1? I am getting constant crashes with both it and mini next. 7.0 was fine but 7.0.1 is crashing all the time even with 2 or 3 tabs open.
I'm not on this rom but its something to be aware of. Same issue on 2 seperate roms so thinking its an Opera problem with the latest update

i dont know about that i had instant crashes when opening sites which use javascript but others like wikipedia worked so i didnt test that long for opera mini to crash though it didnt for a while

ManMetDeHamer

ManMetDeHamer

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
I used this rom for about a day until i needed navigation.
I ran into an issue i had with some other roms as well, The phone rebooted while trying to find gps location.
And did this on a couple of separate tries.

Running:
Swedish Snow RLS3
With Nemus launcher!

k.d.11

k.d.11

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

I used this rom for about a day until i needed navigation.
I ran into an issue i had with some other roms as well, The phone rebooted while trying to find gps location.
And did this on a couple of separate tries.

I dont think its because of the rom cause it works very well for me..it might be something else causing the problem..

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

to put built into one file manager ...

Market gives me an error - Says NO spaces INSTALLATION OF APPLICATION

I also have this problem, can't install any app from the Market..
Btw, I'm using a system partition of 160 MB..

ilopez85

ilopez85

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
Thanks for your work t0mm13b.

There are also problems with playing videos on YouTube (HQ), green band appears at the top, national data roaming, HSDPA status bar icon, and there are no shortcuts to the applications Sound Recorder and ZTE Blade Settings in te app drawer (this is solved including CM 7.1.0 versions).

http://www.mediafire...p88fy94g0cvq6gn

Edited by ilopez85, 12 April 2012 - 10:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users