[GEN2/European] AOSP GB 2.3.7 / t0mm13bROM

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

hi,

with "adb shell ls -l /dev/ttyHS0" i obtain

"crw------- bluetooth bluetooth 249, 0 2012-04-23 22:47 ttyHS0"

in viber, handset in disabled.

another thing that doesn't work, is the automatic turn off screen. if screen is on, and settings will be turn off after 1 minute, the screen become less lightly and then return on the same tone of light (turn on). i must turn off by power on/off button.

i don't know if you undertand me.

bye

db

Look, I really do not know what's going on with your handset, either down to the vagueness of your help and not really helping me narrow it down, and expecting me to fill in the blanks, or something is seriously wrong - why you? Have not had any negative feedback surrounding this, but could be down to the handset (China Unicom I would guess? Is it a European model version of the Blade and not a chinese version?) Am not certain! Did you calibrate the proximity sensor? :) Have you noticed my posting #207 above that highlights where the bluetooth gets kicked in upon activation, and is missing in yours - that I do not understand! :)

Try this: Uninstall viber for the moment and if Bluetooth works, then yes, Viber is conflicting somewhere?

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest d_borghi

Look, I really do not know what's going on with your handset, either down to the vagueness of your help and not really helping me narrow it down, and expecting me to fill in the blanks, or something is seriously wrong - why you? Have not had any negative feedback surrounding this, but could be down to the handset (China Unicom I would guess? Is it a European model version of the Blade and not a chinese version?) Am not certain! Did you calibrate the proximity sensor? :) Have you noticed my posting #207 above that highlights where the bluetooth gets kicked in upon activation, and is missing in yours - that I do not understand! :)

Try this: Uninstall viber for the moment and if Bluetooth works, then yes, Viber is conflicting somewhere?

i have just formatted wiped installed only the rom and gapps and bt works abnormaly too.

then i restored swedishsnow and bt works very well. then the problem is only in the rom i think.

bye

db

ps: now i will restore your rom and i hope you could solve my problem.

Guest t0mm13b

@d_borghi:

Just had to go away for a few minutes to chill, one thing - did you wipe the cache/data prior to flashing the ROM? :)

The usual motto disclaimer applies - no wipe, problems appears, please make sure YOU wipe both cache/data ! :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest d_borghi

@d_borghi:

Just had to go away for a few minutes to chill, one thing - did you wipe the cache/data prior to flashing the ROM? :)

The usual motto disclaimer applies - no wipe, problems appears, please make sure YOU wipe both cache/data ! :)

i always wipe data, wipe cache, format system, wipe dalvik before install rom and then gapps and then dts2apps.

Guest t0mm13b

i always wipe data, wipe cache, format system, wipe dalvik before install rom and then gapps and then dts2apps.

Then something is messing up somewhere, I don't use app2sd, or any variants because of using the TPTv10 which gives me lots of room, the worrying sign is that it failed to kick-start the script init.bt.sh in the /etc directory for some reason (read: post #207 above!!)

To repeat from your logcat

E/qcom-bluetooth( 442): /system/etc/init.bt.sh: Bluetooth QSoC firmware download failed: exit code 1

And my logcat states,

I/ActivityThread( 1425): Pub com.android.bluetooth.opp: com.android.bluetooth.opp.BluetoothOppProvider

I/qcom-bluetooth( 1439): /system/etc/init.bt.sh: Bluetooth QSoC firmware download succeeded

I/qcom-bluetooth( 1441): /system/etc/init.bt.sh: start_hciattach: pid = 1440

Will compare the script in swedish spring to see if there's any noticeable difference but I doubt it anyway :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Have compared and have to say a few things: the scripts are the same, swedishsnow is a variant of cm7 judging by the signatures and clues of CM lying around...I'll dig around some more... :)

Guest d_borghi

Have compared and have to say a few things: the scripts are the same, swedishsnow is a variant of cm7 judging by the signatures and clues of CM lying around...I'll dig around some more... :)

thank you very much for all your work.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by d_borghi

Guest t0mm13b

@d_borghi:

Can you try flashing this via CWM? Its a boot image taken from SwedishSnow, I want to hear if this kernel can get your BT going for an experiment!

I will post a followup for to revert back to t0mm13bROM's boot.img :)

kernel.zip

Guest t0mm13b

This is the CWM flashable zip for the original boot image used by this ROM.

Oddly enough I was not able to ascertain the kernel's configuration used by Swedish Snow as it's being taken out... so that's a major cockblock for me to investigate further... meh! :)

kernel.zip

Guest d_borghi

@d_borghi:

Can you try flashing this via CWM? Its a boot image taken from SwedishSnow, I want to hear if this kernel can get your BT going for an experiment!

I will post a followup for to revert back to t0mm13bROM's boot.img :)

i just installed this zip on my zte and it can't reboot: i stop to the android logo.

Guest d_borghi

This is the CWM flashable zip for the original boot image used by this ROM.

Oddly enough I was not able to ascertain the kernel's configuration used by Swedish Snow as it's being taken out... so that's a major cockblock for me to investigate further... meh! :)

and after installing this i obtain the same block on android logo.

i'm wrong something?

Guest t0mm13b

@tom

Swedish snow is a ZTE based rom so will be using 2GVMSPLIT rather than 3GVMSPLIT which aosp and cm roms use.

Ok! :) Thanks for that bit of info... incidentally, cm7 has the capability to use 2g vmsplit as fyi :)

Guest tilal6991

Ok! :) Thanks for that bit of info... incidentally, cm7 has the capability to use 2g vmsplit as fyi :)

Yep. Looking back on the CM7 blade repo, they initially had 2g but switched when the kernel source for the blade cane out.

Guest t0mm13b

Yep. Looking back on the CM7 blade repo, they initially had 2g but switched when the kernel source for the blade cane out.

can recompile kernel for 2g and add this to the boardconfig.mk and you're done,

TARGET_USES_2G_VM_SPLIT := true

SwedishSnow does have cm7 files lying around though... just saying :)

Guest t0mm13b

Having looked at this, there's a number of avenues that I think, a dirty flash has taken place somewhere as the error code when bluetooth is kickstarted, it returns a code of 1 implying operation not permitted, a residue legacy from a previous ROM somewhere. The kernel is Zte Tureis as found here, and yes, identical configuration, I was using extract-ikconfig script to extract the configuration which failed until it dawned on me that the script has no support for kernels compressed using XZ format, so had to flash SwedishSnow to obtain the configuration. Furthermore I do not totally understand one, just one isolated case where the BT is failing as reported by d_borghi, no complaints from others... that is something else... so I can conclude that somewhere down the line, a dirty flash took place and messed up the permissions somewhere...

If you do not know what a dirty flash is, check this detailed answer that explains it on reddit's android forum, because I recall there was someone posting about in having to re-install apps after a ROM install and I replied that a wipe must take place but ...

Guest t0mm13b

Hi. Any test that i can do?

Yes there is. :)

Absolute condition: Do not restore using Titanium Backup or any other tool to restore!

• Go into ClockworkMod Recovery, wipe cache, wipe data.
    • Flash the ROM

[*]reboot when the flashing is done.

Now when the ROM has booted and is up and running, at this point, no restore of Titanium Backup or a tool for Restoring apps please :)

Now go into Settings > Wireless & Networks, tap on Bluetooth to turn it on.

Does it start and you see the Bluetooth icon on top of the Notification Bar? :)

If yes, then from your prior usage, Titanium Backup or Restore tool of some sort, is messing with the BT files somewhere.

This simple test will eliminate what is the cause.

If you try this out and reply back and says No, then I would be very surprised!

What do you use for backing up/restoring?

Guest d_borghi

i made full wipe (data partition dalvik and format system) then i installed only your rom (no gapps). then settings and tapp bluetooth to activate it... nothing, the check not appear and bt doesn't want to start.

waht about the screen that don't turn off automatically after tot seconds?

db

Guest t0mm13b

i made full wipe (data partition dalvik and format system) then i installed only your rom (no gapps). then settings and tapp bluetooth to activate it... nothing, the check not appear and bt doesn't want to start.

waht about the screen that don't turn off automatically after tot seconds?

db

Forget about the screen that don't turn off... hmmm

Why are you focused on that, when really the matter lies with blue tooth? :huh:

Something is not right in all of this.. and for this reason alone, I cannot quite put my finger on this but..... you're not playing ball with me!

You of all people - do you realize you're the only one?

No one else complained to me about bluetooth scenario so something is definitely wrong there - tell me this - what is your native language - have a few friends in places that will gladly translate in your language to speed things up :)

Guest k.d.11

Hi tom!Ive been looking at the thread for a while now and was thinking that when you say no one else has this problem we cant really be sure if anyone else with a chinese blade has tried the rom can we?So d_borghi might be the only person with a chinese blade who's tried the rom If we could get someone with a chinese blade to try it out and check if bluetooth works then it'd pretty much zero down on the problem being with the "chineseness" of the blade :P just my thoughts on this :)