It's Q2, any news on LG ICS update?

Guest sane?

Guest slobit

It`s so sad that lg is so bad at updating there phones.... I hoped that they would learn from there mistake with gb, but clearly they don`t....

It not LG's fault guys. it is NVIDIA that doesn't release anything to the public or to the manufactures....

Linus Torvalds says it all in this video : [media=]

I will not buy any more devices based on NVIDIA chips. I even switch my graphics cards on all of my computers at home.

Guest everett_psycho

You say that but asus use the tegra chips and manage to update their transformer range faster than anybody else, to not even have an idea beyond lg's q2 statement is just useless

You say that but asus use the tegra chips and manage to update their transformer range faster than anybody else, to not even have an idea beyond lg's q2 statement is just useless

There is no doubt that ASUS or any other company is better than LG in customer relations but it still doesn't change the fact that there is no official TEGRA2 ICS rom for any device in the market.

Yes everett_psycho you are right, and I think that any company is better than LG in releasing updates

but it doesn't change the fact that there is not a single Tegra2 based device out in the market with running an official ICS rom.

Guest tillaz

Yes everett_psycho you are right, and I think that any company is better than LG in releasing updates

but it doesn't change the fact that there is not a single Tegra2 based device out in the market with running an official ICS rom.

the zte grand X is tegra 2 shipping with ICS and will apparently be available July

Guest everett_psycho

I think you're right about that if your talking phones, if you include tablets there's a number of them that have tegra 2 with ics, Asus is the main one but Motorola and Acer have also demonstrated the update on theirs. I'm not sure where the last 2 are with their rollouts of the updates though. Either way next time I'm not going with LG again, they have a huge task to do to convince me they can update an android phone well

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ParaTr00per

There is no doubt that ASUS or any other company is better than LG in customer relations but it still doesn't change the fact that there is no official TEGRA2 ICS rom for any device in the market.

What about ASUS Transformer TF101? Last time I checked, it was Tegra2 and ICS. Sadly, it doesn't solve our problem... :(

Our family have three LG P500, running CM7 and I have LG P990, also running CM7. This ir my last LG mobile device for a foreseeable future...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tillaz

i would avoid LG in the future...

lol, they think there been smart by not upgrading there older devices, thinking it will force people to buy new LG phones...

not the case unfortunately LG... it will make people look else where... like Samsung, who keep phones up to date.