Battery Stats

Guest Arthur Hucksake

Guest Arthur Hucksake

Figured I would get one of these going here.

What battery stats are you guys getting, more importantly "screen on" time?

This was my best day, few charges back.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5836066/2012-04-09_17-44-22.png

Screen time 3hrs 45 mins

The best day i've had and not been able to get that since. Like it's gotten worse again all of the sudden, makes little sense.

Guest gavken

My device has been good though I had an issue with the battery device reporting that it hadn't charged up when it had been reporting as charging all night. I rebooted the device and fixed it. So far battery life has been good but I have nearly everything but the phone turned off on the device most of the time.

Guest Arthur Hucksake

This phone is an enigma.

It's not the screen on time that causes the drain, regardless of what battery stats reports.

I set my screen to never turn off today, now i'm over 4hrs screen time with 40% battery left and over 8hrs overall.

It's something to do with Tegra which is at fault here.

Guest xO Gideon Ox

I've not really had battery issues....was actually quite impressed with this (coming from a Dell Streak)

Been using it to stream through netflix, normal fiddling around, standard phone use, music, etc....

Disconnected from mains about 6am and by 11pm at night it was on about 70% battery still

I'll see if i can capture the stats, 65% of the usage accounted to the screen does appear to be normal though from what i've been seeing

What settings have you altered from stock?

Most power settings seem to activate themselves via the screen state, ie power saving kicks in when screen is asleep so if your using it with the screen permanently on all day then i would imagine battery life to be quite poor (but so would any phone i've used).

Althought it indicates the screen on time being the drain i suspect its just that the sensors are reporting the biggest drain with the screen on, so it could be any application which for example constantly polls the WLAN/Mobile Internet when power saving (ie screen off) is not active....

Just a thought...

This phone is an enigma.

It's not the screen on time that causes the drain, regardless of what battery stats reports.

I set my screen to never turn off today, now i'm over 4hrs screen time with 40% battery left and over 8hrs overall.

It's something to do with Tegra which is at fault here.

Guest Arthur Hucksake

I only set the screen to never time out as an experiment, to show the screen being on isn't directly the root cause of the battery drain and as shown, it isn't.

Ofcourse drain will be worse if I had it like that all the time. lol

The only settings I have altered from stock are to actually disable things, not add to the drain. All of those settings regarding flipping the screen, quiet on pick up etc I disabled. Brightness changed from Auto and set to about 35%. Also disabled all the background syncing, don't really need that.

I've not really had battery issues....was actually quite impressed with this (coming from a Dell Streak)

Been using it to stream through netflix, normal fiddling around, standard phone use, music, etc....

Disconnected from mains about 6am and by 11pm at night it was on about 70% battery still

I'll see if i can capture the stats, 65% of the usage accounted to the screen does appear to be normal though from what i've been seeing

What settings have you altered from stock?

Most power settings seem to activate themselves via the screen state, ie power saving kicks in when screen is asleep so if your using it with the screen permanently on all day then i would imagine battery life to be quite poor (but so would any phone i've used).

Althought it indicates the screen on time being the drain i suspect its just that the sensors are reporting the biggest drain with the screen on, so it could be any application which for example constantly polls the WLAN/Mobile Internet when power saving (ie screen off) is not active....

Just a thought...

Guest papercon
I only set the screen to never time out as an experiment, to show the screen being on isn't directly the root cause of the battery drain and as shown, it isn't.

Ofcourse drain will be worse if I had it like that all the time. lol

The only settings I have altered from stock are to actually disable things, not add to the drain. All of those settings regarding flipping the screen, quiet on pick up etc I disabled. Brightness changed from Auto and set to about 35%. Also disabled all the background syncing, don't really need that.

My battery life seems very short - less than a working day in normal use and the amount of heat that it is giving off also worries me - gets quite uncomfortable in the pocket of my jeans! On the usage stats it says that 35% of the use is Google Services, and 30% is internet.

Guest Arthur Hucksake

Sent my handset back today. The left side of the screen was loose. Like you could see it raise up and down with the slightest of presses, the right side was fine and flush to the bezel.

Poor build quality there.

Lets see how the next one fares when they get around to sending it , fingers crossed it doesn't have any dead pixels or anything. If so, then it's going back and i'll just get a iPhooon 4S

Guest xO Gideon Ox

Nooooooooooooo not the "I" word :P

Build quality on mine is very good and solid like you'd expect from HTC, everything works really well and battery life is great...so with that screen issue as well it does sound like a dud....fingers crossed you get one built as it should be :D

If you get one running like mine you'll be a very happy bunny :D

It's such a novalty not having to fight the phone after having a Dell Streak lol

Sent my handset back today. The left side of the screen was loose. Like you could see it raise up and down with the slightest of presses, the right side was fine and flush to the bezel.

Poor build quality there.

Lets see how the next one fares when they get around to sending it , fingers crossed it doesn't have any dead pixels or anything. If so, then it's going back and i'll just get a iPhooon 4S

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lonXionX

Phone is great i have never been so concious about the battery coming from iphone 4, but big screen and quad cpu has its downside i guess.

I just read htc's blog about it and they cant do anything more to improve the battery, factoring that current slim form will get fat if higher battery was put in place.. reminds me of ipad (3)

which is heavier.

Guest mrmad

anyone coming from the htc desire hd will be more than pleased with the battery performance. WIth HTC Desire HD I never hardly made it through the day, now with HTC One X I get between 1 and a hlaf to two days between recharging- I don't have too many synchronisation going on- that is gmail, g+ weather (only updating every 6 hours), google drive and dropbox...