167 replies to this topic

UnbelievablyScrewed

UnbelievablyScrewed

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
My ZTE blade is refusing to charge. I would wait till results day... but then that's too long so should be getting one in a couple of weeks. If not the mimosa is rumoured to be ~ 120 euros (read on a french forum). Anyone know if it's possible for the UK too?Posted Image

Face + Krooklock = LOL

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Technology, science, movies, motorcycles, classic volkswagons, paintball, skiing to name a few of my interests.
  • Devices:P10AN01, TF201, HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@richard lea
I am looking for something like this to replace my nokia. I have a few tablets so I dont need anything too hi spec. This looked perfect but I dont want to change network from orange.
I am looking to spend about £100. My only must have is the ability to tether the 3g to my transformer prime by wifi.
Any alternative to this , about he same size and price?

Richard Lea
[email protected]
Replacement Tablet Screens UK
I offer a friendly, UK Advent Vega repair service for hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.
Replacement Touchscreens, LCD's and repair service for most Tablets.

Andy725

Andy725

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Skate
Oh the irony that i just a bought an OMD last week when i could have had this instead. It would also be nice to buy a phone and not have to go through the stress of unlocking and rooting (for a newbie like me anyway) and just wait for the official ICS upgrade for this phone and see how that goes. My OMC is rooted and unlocked.  Was thinking of buying one for my son though  or passing on my OMD to him and keep the G300. :) He wants to play Minecraft which it seems he can on this phone.

shakerist

shakerist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE OLED
  • Twitter:@-
Must resist :D This not being amoled and not being loud is slightly putting me off, I can barely here my blade in my pocket outside when it rings which is annoying. If I were to spend £130 I would get a used HD2

toyotahilux

toyotahilux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Computers, Programming
  • Devices:Orange SF, Eee Pad TF101
I've had my San Francisco since launch, quite fancy one of these after exams are out the way, if an unlock comes along.

Might try my hand at some ROM development, always intended to with the SF but never got round to it.

UnbelievablyScrewed

UnbelievablyScrewed

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

I've had my San Francisco since launch, quite fancy one of these after exams are out the way, if an unlock comes along.

Might try my hand at some ROM development, always intended to with the SF but never got round to it.

Yeah I'm on the same boat. Fancy learning how to cook roms and help out too. Is there a topic on that? Posted Image

Face + Krooklock = LOL

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Kinda put off now with the various issues, volume, Orientation issue and battery cover chipping

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Yeah I'm on the same boat. Fancy learning how to cook roms and help out too. Is there a topic on that? Posted Image

From source? There's a tutorial how to compile from git in the zte blade rom section, based on compiling ColdFusionX.

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

KillerMackem

KillerMackem

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I'm seriously thinking of getting one to replace my San Francisco and give that to my dad. My only concerns are some of the issues I've been hearing about in regards to the low speaker volume and choppy Flash and whether these are problems due to buggy software or not. If this gets unlocked and custom 2.3/ICS ROMs, I'm all over it. Flash is an important aspect for me though.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts

Flash is an important aspect for me though.

In that case, and please do not take this the wrong way, you would be much better off spending a bit more money and buying a phone with a lot more power. £170 can get you a Nexus S that has absolutely no problems with Flash, for example.

The issue with Flash and this phone isn't so much the CPU but the fact that Flash isn't optimized for Cortex A5, and as Adobe have stopped producing Flash for mobile devices this will most likely remain an issue. So if you really desperately require smooth Flash playback you'll have to purchase a device that fully supports it.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts

Kinda put off now with the various issues, volume, Orientation issue and battery cover chipping

The low volume is advised by the European Union and I expect Vodafone have specifically asked Huawei to reduce the volume accordingly. Just use Volume+ from the Play Store to boost this, job done.

Orientation issues? Could you explain a bit more about these?

As for the battery cover I would need to see some photos of the 'damage' rather than relying on written accounts. Some people can find the tiniest mark a huge deal whilst others won't care.

Of course any software issues can and will be resolved once developers get on board and Huawei have published the required kernel source in the event that any issues can be fixed there.

UnbelievablyScrewed

UnbelievablyScrewed

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

From source? There's a tutorial how to compile from git in the zte blade rom section, based on compiling ColdFusionX.

is it this one on this page? http://android.modac...-cm9-for-blade/ If not could you send me the link?Posted Image

Face + Krooklock = LOL

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Pretty sure patrick73 said it sticks at 45 degrees when going to landscape mode

KillerMackem

KillerMackem

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

In that case, and please do not take this the wrong way, you would be much better off spending a bit more money and buying a phone with a lot more power. £170 can get you a Nexus S that has absolutely no problems with Flash, for example.

The issue with Flash and this phone isn't so much the CPU but the fact that Flash isn't optimized for Cortex A5, and as Adobe have stopped producing Flash for mobile devices this will most likely remain an issue. So if you really desperately require smooth Flash playback you'll have to purchase a device that fully supports it.

Where can you get a Nexus S for £170?

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

is it this one on this page? http://android.modac...-cm9-for-blade/ If not could you send me the link?Posted Image

Yes.

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

£200?

http://item.mobilewe...nid=59891547003

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

JungleNoli

JungleNoli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
If it's easily unlockable then definitely interested.

The step up in internal storage will be massively more useful than my Acer Liquid Metal S120. And 4" screen & prolly better community support a bonus too.
However, the Adreno GPU part would actually be going a generation backwards if I understand it correctly (Adreno 205 -> 200) :(

I'd prefer black & silver to white & silver though (sad I know but white just always seems so apple wannabe to me).
I wonder if cheaper and/or black and/or NFC versions will come out after Vodafone lose exclusivity in 3 months time...

Patrick73

Patrick73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Pretty sure patrick73 said it sticks at 45 degrees when going to landscape mode

Hi, I have done a factory wipe and it no longer does the sticking for a while. Its a bounce effect on the web browser. It no longer sticks, but the more stuff on the page the longer it takes.

Re Volume+ its made for headphones and not for external speakers. it even says so on the google play store.

I have been back to the store I got mine from and the techie guy even said is was thinking it was low. and I played mu g7010 mp3 to him and then the g300 and he was shocked.

I have around 6 small marks on the battery back cover where i use my nail to get the back off. they can been seen and not happy about it. if the back case was a solid colour then they would not show up as much. and for a two day old phone I find this piss poor.

if any one wants they can read my other post about phoning Huawei about the low speaker. Also "The low volume is advised by the European Union and I expect Vodafone have specifically asked Huawei to reduce the volume accordingly"

odd that statement as I would think that would be for the headphones or the internal speaker that you put your ear next to. Not The LOUD speaker on the back that needs to be loud so you can hear it better. Like I have said somewhere else, my Huawei g7010 is miles louder.

Cheers

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts

CEX

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts

Hi, I have done a factory wipe and it no longer does the sticking for a while. Its a bounce effect on the web browser. It no longer sticks, but the more stuff on the page the longer it takes.

Re Volume+ its made for headphones and not for external speakers. it even says so on the google play store.

I have been back to the store I got mine from and the techie guy even said is was thinking it was low. and I played mu g7010 mp3 to him and then the g300 and he was shocked.

I have around 6 small marks on the battery back cover where i use my nail to get the back off. they can been seen and not happy about it. if the back case was a solid colour then they would not show up as much. and for a two day old phone I find this piss poor.

if any one wants they can read my other post about phoning Huawei about the low speaker. Also "The low volume is advised by the European Union and I expect Vodafone have specifically asked Huawei to reduce the volume accordingly"

odd that statement as I would think that would be for the headphones or the internal speaker that you put your ear next to. Not The LOUD speaker on the back that needs to be loud so you can hear it better. Like I have said somewhere else, my Huawei g7010 is miles louder.

Cheers

Thanks Patrick. Some strange issues with your phone, specially the sticking rotation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users