I have one! Got questions? Fire away!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hecatae

That's an interesting marketing feature

HTC Explorer and LG Optimus L3 are examples, neither have micro sd cards included, both are MSM7225a and MSM7227a devices

Guest Simon Steele

Does this have FM radio? Not vital but it'd be nice to have.

It sure does - The volume through the speaker is very low on mine, even at full volume

Guest tilal6991

It sure does - The volume through the speaker is very low on mine, even at full volume

Cool. Yet another feature :P

The volume just needs to be tweaked by the custom ROMs which I'm sure are not that far away.

Now where's Paul with superboot and CWM recovery?... :P

Guest PaulOBrien

Adobe Flash support? BBC iPlayer working?

(thanks for the quick answers - really appreciated!)

These SHOULD work, i've not installed yet, i'll update here when I do.

Any benchmark results?

As above! :)

BTW Paul will you do an overview video on Youtube?

Yes, as part of my review.

Does this have FM radio? Not vital but it'd be nice to have.

It does!

are you going to do a full review paul? rolleyes.gif

Yup!

what colour is it, the image on the box is the black version, but I thought it was the white version that was available through Vodafone?

Silver / white.

Hi!

Does it have a front facing camera?

Thanks

Kihon

No...

How good is the camera? I have the ZTE Blade, and the camera is my main disappointment - the pictures are just consistently terrible. Is this one good enough for pictures on the web or even some real snapshots?

It's the stock Gingerbread camera app, i'll post some camera samples in a bit.

Did anyone get an SDCard with theirs? and did it have anything on it?

No...

The volume just needs to be tweaked by the custom ROMs which I'm sure are not that far away.

Working on root. ;)

P

Guest Simon Steele

I know its replaceable but is huaweis skin actually any good compared to the likes of sense and touchwiz

I think the skin is quite nice with cube style transition between the screens and minimal messing with the interface.

One big menu button in the bottom left which does not appear movable. The weather clock is very nice although does not appear to take a location via GPS you have to tell it where you want the weather details from. Power control bar is like most but very colourful, I like it, has control for wifi, BT, GPS, Auto-sync and brightness.

The icons in the menu seem quite big, down to resolution? I don't know. Very clear though.

Screen brightness was set quite low out the box which worried me a little until I adjusted it.

Hope that helps a little

Guest Simon Steele

I have been away from this for a while (so much so I forgot all my username details) but didn't the Blade have a low volume as well?

Guest caballeropl

I think the skin is quite nice with cube style transition between the screens and minimal messing with the interface.

One big menu button in the bottom left which does not appear movable. The weather clock is very nice although does not appear to take a location via GPS you have to tell it where you want the weather details from. Power control bar is like most but very colourful, I like it, has control for wifi, BT, GPS, Auto-sync and brightness.

The icons in the menu seem quite big, down to resolution? I don't know. Very clear though.

Screen brightness was set quite low out the box which worried me a little until I adjusted it.

Hope that helps a little

And what are the viewing angles like?

Guest tilal6991

I have been away from this for a while (so much so I forgot all my username details) but didn't the Blade have a low volume as well?

It got fixed in CM7 and later stock builds.

Guest MrPuddington
looks better than the blade but that doesn't take much :lol:
Yes, it's not completely terrible, but you can see how the noise reduction is struggling and creating lots of artefacts. But I also found some pictures in the sunlight, and they looked quite ok, so I hope that it will do for occasional pictures.

Guest putbinoot

what kind of headphones have people tried? and do iphone compatible headphones work on it?

I am using Koss Porta Pro and the sound is good, not sure if the phone is set up for standard / or iphone wired TRS but I think it's only a problem if you are wanting to use them for calls. Although I think the audio channels are switched left to right on iphone wired headphones.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest skull_fcuk

Is it compatible with being used as a computer? ie, with a blue tooth keyboard and mouse and hooked up to a HDMI-USB lead. I think it's called MHL?

Guest Andy725

Does the BBC Iplayer app work from the phone and will it run Minecraft pocket edition? these apps should only appear on supported phones from the play search results. If so i may get one for my son.

Guest putbinoot

Does the BBC Iplayer app work from the phone and will it run Minecraft pocket edition? these apps should only appear on supported phones from the play search results. If so i may get one for my son.

Iplayer works as does your game. I player picture is good but does show some blockiness.

Guest Andy725

Iplayer works as does your game. I player picture is good but does show some blockiness.

That's great thanks, to think i only bought a OMC last week and could have had one of these instead, still the OMC is unlocked and rooted. Will have to get my son one and have a play with it.