[GB] [CM7] [2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 28/06]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest fr0do

Wondering if I restored something with Titanium that broke wireless.

Tried default camera app immediately which gave above errors. Camera360 said incompatible hardware.

Camera hasn't been a problem on F & C has it? & flibbles rom is based on the TMV IIRC.

Taken a log with System Info, don't think it gives that detail... I'll post it later. Needed phone so have reverted to backup. Will try again tonight.

Guest fr0do

Camera hardware infos are on this thread : http://android.modac...re-do-you-have?

Seems like camera hardware is mixed if I'm reading that right?

edit. No I wasn't reading it right - the Skate in post one threw me! :)

WIFI: all Broadcom BCM_4330

Camera: all OV5640-5.0MP-AF

Screen: Either synaptics or atmel 140 (50/50 on both SF2 and TMV - gotta confirm this as some pics are blocked by my work firewall)

Edited by fr0do

Guest app10336

working now thanks!

noticed that everytime I power on it asks me for SIM unlock code (my phone is unlocked alredy)

I just press dismiss and works okay.

Same issue here. (French "Blade S" Isn't locked)

And same has ICS, bluetooth didn't work without wifi.

Edited by app10336

Guest Dazzozo

Same issue here. (French "Blade S" Isn't locked)

And same has ICS, bluetooth didn't work without wifi.

On Tapatalk so I can't see easily but the other person with this issue, do you have a 'Blade S'?

Guest Mark Two

Did a full wipe and installed the ROM, TMV kernel and gapps. Here are my observations

• Gmail and Google Map not installed
  • Stable, no reboot
  • Seems quite smooth, on par with FnC6
  • Multi-touch does not work - e.g. no pinch zoom
  • FM radio app missing and does not work after restoring from FnC6
  • GPS locks a lot faster than FnC6 or stock ROM and seems more accurate

Thanks for the good work!

Guest gabriwinter

On Tapatalk so I can't see easily but the other person with this issue, do you have a 'Blade S'?

I have unlocked OSFII.

Last two boots where normal no "SIM unlock code ruequest", I didn't do anything to solve it so I have no idea why it happened.

Guest Dazzozo

I have unlocked OSFII.

Last two boots where normal no "SIM unlock code ruequest", I didn't do anything to solve it so I have no idea why it happened.

Could be a bad libSimCardAuth or libril component. I'll check it out at some point but if it fixes itself it's low priority for now.

Guest Dazzozo

Gmail and Google Map not installed

They're not meant to be. Get them from the Play Store.

Multi-touch does not work - e.g. no pinch zoom

Oops. I'll fix that.

FM radio app missing and does not work after restoring from FnC6

I completely forgot about the FM Radio. Does this make me a bad person?

Guest Dazzozo

As for those with TMOs and camera issues, logcats please. Everyone seems to have the same camera which makes this a bit bizarre. :P

Edit: Should probably mention that TMO = Vivacity.

- - 2.3 Anyhow thanks

Didn't realise people owed you ROMs of a certain type. Some people like Gingerbread and it's about time the Crescent got CM7 of some sort.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Mark Two

Hmm, Camera should be working to an extent as I disabled the front one causing the FCs. Can you get me a logcat?

Edit: Oh dear God please don't say the Vivacity has different cameras too...

Back camera works correctly with my TMV

Guest fr0do

Sorry Daz - working fine here too after a re-flash :(:blush:

Wifi fine now too. Carefully restoring data lol

edit. Damn - wifi stuffed again. No access points detected and wifi auto shuts down. Is there a way to clear those settings?

edit. Tried Wifi FXR unsuccessfully. Reverted to stock for now. Love the rom tho'. 1st time I've seen it in the flesh. Great options well done.

Edited by fr0do

Guest Dazzozo

Application "Zte part" missing ? can not calibrate proximity sensor without him.

ZTE Settings? There's no reason for it to currently have built so it wouldn't surprise me. I'll get that building in the next release if needed.

Guest app10336

ZTE Settings? There's no reason for it to currently have built so it wouldn't surprise me. I'll get that building in the next release if needed.

Or made it "autocalibrate" :P

Good rom anyway. Only 3 "bugs" found, really nice.

Guest Dazzozo

Or made it "autocalibrate" :P

Good rom anyway. Only 3 "bugs" found, really nice.

I'll probably just see how it's calibrated in stock/debranded and copy that.

Guest fr0do

Flash #3! :P

The capacitive menu buttons seem to be permanently on. Noticed this before, but I've not run the rom for that long so was unsure. They go off at sleep. Default behaviour is goverened by light levels. Flibble tweaked his ROM to get them to operate at a lower light level. Full on all the time is a battery drain (or so flibble said).

He posted this location in the stock rom for that:

framework-res\res\values\arrays.xml

Then you need to make changes to config_autoBrightnessLevels, <integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues"> and possibly <integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessKeyboardBacklightValues"> too

I'm not totally sure how the values work but so far it seems that the higher the value, the more the lights will light up.

Thread page here: http://android.modac...2a/page__st__40

edit. Would the patch flibble posted for framework break this rom?

edit. oh and pinch etc works fine for me

Edited by fr0do

Guest Dazzozo

Flash #3! :P

The capacitive menu buttons seem to be permanently on. Noticed this before, but I've not run the rom for that long so was unsure. They go off at sleep. Default behaviour is goverened by light levels. Flibble tweaked his ROM to get them to operate at a lower light level. Full on all the time is a battery drain (or so flibble said).

He posted this location in the stock rom for that:

Thread page here: http://android.modac...2a/page__st__40

edit. Would the patch flibble posted for framework break this rom?

edit. oh and pinch etc works fine for me

The patch is just simple value changing so it shouldn't be too much of a problem - the issue will be I don't actually have a Vivacity to test settings with, and finding a decent set of them will probably span over a couple of builds until people are satisfied. Did flibblesan actually put these settings in a build or did he just let people to make the changes themselves?

Also, is your home button working on CM7?

Guest Josef Prusa

Hello Dazzozo! Thanks for the great job. I have tried your CM7 but now I am back on my good old Fish'n'Chips with my TMV. The reasons:

- incredible battery drain - the phone was able to last maybe several hours

- a bit sluggish compared to FnC, but Cyanogen tends to be a bit on the slow side,

- the game i like - Osmos HD - claimed that it needed multitouch display and found none. Can you verify that?

Otherwise - keep it up! And thanks for all your effort.

Guest Dazzozo

Hello Dazzozo! Thanks for the great job. I have tried your CM7 but now I am back on my good old Fish'n'Chips with my TMV. The reasons:

- incredible battery drain - the phone was able to last maybe several hours

- a bit sluggish compared to FnC, but Cyanogen tends to be a bit on the slow side,

- the game i like - Osmos HD - claimed that it needed multitouch display and found none. Can you verify that?

Otherwise - keep it up! And thanks for all your effort.

• Multitouch was fixed yesterday but I haven't rebuilt: https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_device_zte_blade2/commit/784741118e498c784284565ecd8e6ee9575471fc
  • Sluggish - can't say I can confirm this but I generally run everything on smartassV2 122-902MHz. It probably won't improve, really - it's a bit beyond my control. I can try and make a few optimisations here and there in the source tree but it probably won't make a noticeable difference. It is stating the obvious a little - of course a debranded and customised version of the stock ROM is probably always going to be better than something compiled from source with inappropriate driver versions. :P
  • Battery drain - can't say I can confirm this either. No real reason why it should be happening by itself and I get a ton of life out of my ICS builds. I plan on merging the device configuration branches at some point if I can manage it which could potentially point out a few silly mistakes, we'll see. I'd rather have everything working before I tidy it up, though.

Edit: Regarding it being sluggish - you've got to bear in mind this is a 800MHz ARMv6 512MB device and support for devices of this spec is being dropped, fast. Things don't just meet up when compiling and the kernel is the best example of this, ZTE probably hacked a lot together and didn't release their changes.

I will try to make an effort to speed things up when everything is functional.

Edit 2: A friend just pointed out that a lot of CM7 is poorly coded anyway by their own admission, so yes you're probably right with the comment about Cyanogen being on the slow side and that would explain CM9 being a bit smoother as they went about improving it.

Anyway, cheers for the feedback - I'll do what I can do which probably isn't a lot considering how useless ZTE are. :lol:

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest fr0do

The patch is just simple value changing so it shouldn't be too much of a problem - the issue will be I don't actually have a Vivacity to test settings with, and finding a decent set of them will probably span over a couple of builds until people are satisfied. Did flibblesan actually put these settings in a build or did he just let people to make the changes themselves?

Also, is your home button working on CM7?

He put the updates into r2. He also posted a maximum brightness patch as an optional extra.

Home button works as expected. No problems at all functionally noticed yet. Seems to run hot. I'm putting that down to the lit buttons at the moment.

I couldn't see Osmos HD on Play. I've played it before so something in how my device is presenting itself is different. I downloaded "Absorbtion" which is very similar lol, and is multitouch and works well.

Sluggish next to F&C - I wouldn't say so. Does this rom have the video acceleration patch?

Guest Dazzozo

He put the updates into r2. He also posted a maximum brightness patch as an optional extra.

Home button works as expected. No problems at all functionally noticed yet. Seems to run hot. I'm putting that down to the lit buttons at the moment.

I couldn't see Osmos HD on Play. I've played it before so something in how my device is presenting itself is different. I downloaded "Absorbtion" which is very similar lol, and is multitouch and works well.

Sluggish next to F&C - I wouldn't say so. Does this rom have the video acceleration patch?

I moved over the only differences in key bindings to CM9 (et voilá: https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_device_zte_blade2/commit/ebb8713f77dce32ca1fbfba2a5500d2e3b801de7 ) so the home button (should?) be fixed in the next build.

Regarding Osmos, I'll look in to this before I put the build out with the proper reporting of multitouch.

Video acceleration - not unless somehow flibblesan sneaked it in to the device configuration. I can't find it, anyway. If you have a link I'd be grateful.