Still worth £199!?!?!?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

peps1

peps1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Need to get a tablet for the mrs, and thought Id get her a advent vega and slap a custom ROM on it.....was more then a little surprised that its still £199 after being on the market over a year!

How dose it stack up Vs new tablets in the same price range like the ARCHOS 80 G9 and BLACKBERRY PlayBook

IanTurner

IanTurner

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega

was more then a little surprised that its still £199 after being on the market over a year!

Er it isn't as you can't buy it any where other than fleabay and prices there are all over the place but generally nowhere near £199.
Either buy a blackberry playbook or wait until prices drop on the more established manufacturers products.

peps1

peps1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Er it isn't as you can't buy it any where other than fleabay and prices there are all over the place but generally nowhere near £199.
Either buy a blackberry playbook or wait until prices drop on the more established manufacturers products.

Sorry saw this add from dixons saying its £199, but they dont have it in stock.
http://www.dixons.co...commercial.html

ursulavasey

ursulavasey

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Mobile phones, technology, Facebook, anything gadget related.
  • Devices:Vega, X10 mini, Blade
  • Twitter:@ursulavasey
VERSUS Touchpad 7 Tablet PC - 8 GB | Dixons |

Could the tablet above be a low end bargain to rival the Vega? At only £80, with Google Play, Iplayer and various other apps pre-loaded, it doesn't look a bad deal to me. I would welcome opinions on it, especially as I already own a Vega. What do you guys think?

GedBlake

GedBlake

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Tech, Sci-Fi, Prog Rock
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Nexus 7

VERSUS Touchpad 7 Tablet PC - 8 GB | Dixons |

Could the tablet above be a low end bargain to rival the Vega? At only £80, with Google Play, Iplayer and various other apps pre-loaded, it doesn't look a bad deal to me. I would welcome opinions on it, especially as I already own a Vega. What do you guys think?

Looks OK for 80 quid... though the 4 hours battery life is a bit on the short side...

Still might be worth looking into though, as a more portable alternative to the Vega - a simple browser based tab I can slip into my rucksack.

Nice find, ursulavasey...

GED.

"Good Judgement Comes with Experience, but Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
~ Charles Dickens ~

Advent Vega: VegaBean Beta 6 with 1GB ext2+zRam
Nexus 7 (16GB) WiFi: MoDaCo CyanogenMod10.1, r11 (JellyBean 4.2.2, JDQ39) and franco #58 kernel

Dave Marchant

Dave Marchant

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Twitter:@dave_wgs
I have a Vega, a Playbook and an HP Touchpad. Touchpad was best value (£89) and is now running a pretty stable ICS but as a second choice there isn't much wrong with the Playbook now it can run a selection of Android apps. The stock in the BB App Store is limited, but there is a better selection here - http://goodereader.c...egory/playbook/

Also Playbook has got proper multitasking (I can listen to radio on iPlayer while web browsing or playing a game) but only one Android app at a time.

Edited by Dave Marchant, 01 June 2012 - 04:34 PM.

ursulavasey

ursulavasey

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Mobile phones, technology, Facebook, anything gadget related.
  • Devices:Vega, X10 mini, Blade
  • Twitter:@ursulavasey

Looks OK for 80 quid... though the 4 hours battery life is a bit on the short side...

Still might be worth looking into though, as a more portable alternative to the Vega - a simple browser based tab I can slip into my rucksack.

Nice find, ursulavasey...

GED.

I was thinking along the same lines, Ged, a "mini vega". Single core processor, but still, not bad for the price. My partner and I have ordered one each today. It will probably take a week or so to arrive, with the double bank holiday, but we shall see what happens. Running ICS out of the box, Google Play and various other apps pre-installed. Not a modding project like the Vega, more of an "as is" device. Add a few favourite apps and you are good to go.

Haxorg

Haxorg

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent, ZTE Skate
What About the kindle fire?

Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/G8qfL77X

IanTurner

IanTurner

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
you can't buy the kindle fire.
cheap tablets seem to have dubious implementations of android on them so buying two may have been a tad impetuous.

TAZMANUK

TAZMANUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:MDA COMPACT 3
any one intrested in buying my hardly use advent vega let.me know want 100 for it comes with screen protecto which i pur on soon as i got it.

elf69

elf69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Classic cars, RC rock crawlers, Playing with android stuff
  • Devices:Samsung Note 3, Sony Tablet P
in my opinion yes they worth £199 and they on ebay NEW with 12 months warranty, bought one for a friend who loves it :)

Currently have: Orange San Diego, Orange San Francisco, Viewsonic 10S, Freelander PD10 3G "Monster phone"

hydo1

hydo1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note II
  • Twitter:@tomhyde1
Not anymore. Nexus 7. Say no more

If someone has helped you give them rep and vote Posted Image their post.

Device History: 2xHTC Prophet - HTC P4350 - HTC Widfire (sold) - ZTE Blade (sold) - 3x Motorola Atrix 4G (touchscreen died all 3) - ZTE Blade (retired) - Sony Xperia T (couldn't hack it) - HTC One X (Died) - Samsung Galaxy Note II

http://thydewebdesign.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users