Finally manage to root it!! I've got some drivers issues and I was using the volume down button instead of the up to get in recovery , but I'm here rooted like a boss.
Jump to content
- Download the SuperRecovery zip file above and extract to a directory
- Put your device in bootloader mode - turn off the phone, pull the battery and USB cable, wait a few seconds, replace the battery then turn on with the 'volume DOWN' button pressed to enter the bootloader. The device will stay at the Huawei logo.
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superrecovery-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superrecovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-superrecovery-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superrecovery-linux.sh' followed by './install-superrecovery-linux.sh'
- When prompted, put your device in recovery mode - turn off the phone, pull the battery and USB cable, wait a few seconds, replace the battery then turn on with the 'volume UP' button pressed to enter recovery. When recovery has loaded, you are rooted! Select the reboot option using the power button and you're done!
You don;t mention when to insert the USB cable, or that this has to be done as root on linux.
I had a very puzzling time there.
I would also add that the adb server does not need to be running.
Edited by luci5, 21 August 2012 - 08:20 PM.
Edited by carlos67, 21 August 2012 - 11:03 PM.
Edited by droiddruid, 22 August 2012 - 03:31 AM.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users