Photo

How to root your Huawei Ascend G300 (for Windows, Mac and Linux)

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none

Edited by wrtease, 23 September 2012 - 08:33 PM.

shadywest

shadywest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

for gb root and clockwork
http://api.viglink.c..._13484321543511

http://api.viglink.c..._13484323557621

Just rebooted from cwmr,superuser is installed,no root acces whatsoever in root explorer nor binary update in su :( oh and you mentioned gb,Im running ics (b924)

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
are you shure its a g300 mobile.

shadywest

shadywest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

are you shure its a g300 mobile.

huawei u8815,2030 baseband,b934,bought it from vodafone one week ago...

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
ah thats better b934 not b924 you had. use the unlockbootloader to root .and unock the bootloader . then use clockworkmod okay.

Edited by wrtease, 23 September 2012 - 08:59 PM.

shadywest

shadywest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

ah thats better b934 not b924 you had. use the unlockbootloader to root .and unock the bootloader . then use clockworkmod okay.

Did it.No effect.Noticed that during the root proccess a "No space left on the device" an then the window just closed.I mention I have almost nothing on the internal storage

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
well maybe someone will also help you .dont understand why you have problems.

shadywest

shadywest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

well maybe someone will also help you .dont understand why you have problems.

:) thanks

patrikdani

patrikdani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, ZTE Blade
and how to get rid of the android system recovery 3e? i would like to flash cwm, but trough adb does not work. any ideas?

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
in the recovery you have just install clockworkmod zip ,with update zip method.that will work

Stefano manaccialamaronna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:g300

If you've been following my antics with the G300, you'll have seen that i've found a couple of security holes and a working root exploit. I've been able to use these to extract the stock images from the device and to build a modified recovery image to flash via fastboot, which means disclosure of the other root method isn't necessary. Which is good, it might be needed later.

Strangely, 'fastboot boot' doesn't work on the G300 so the usual superboot approach won't work, so i've created a 'SuperRecovery'. This is a stock recovery image with 2 changes - firstly the ADB access is upgraded to root, secondly the recovery will automatically install Superuser / SU on start (in the same way as a superboot). This means it will give you root while maintaining compatability with stock upgrades applied via the stock recovery.

Download and instructions can be found below!

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

• SuperRecovery r1 - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 76a8fe61badc3a27fbfde4427ffad965
How to use SuperRecovery - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the SuperRecovery zip file above and extract to a directory
- Put your device in bootloader mode - turn off the phone, pull the battery and USB cable, wait a few seconds, replace the battery then turn on with the 'volume DOWN' button pressed to enter the bootloader. The device will stay at the Huawei logo.
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superrecovery-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superrecovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-superrecovery-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superrecovery-linux.sh' followed by './install-superrecovery-linux.sh'
- When prompted, put your device in recovery mode - turn off the phone, pull the battery and USB cable, wait a few seconds, replace the battery then turn on with the 'volume UP' button pressed to enter recovery. When recovery has loaded, you are rooted! Select the reboot option using the power button and you're done!

Enjoy! Posted Image

P

PS If you find this useful, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription! Visit this topic for further details!

the super recovery tell me "wright recovere failed (command not allowed) where i wrong?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:g300
i have a b940

patrikdani

patrikdani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, ZTE Blade

in the recovery you have just install clockworkmod zip ,with update zip method.that will work

no it does not. it was the first thing i did tried. i am unable to flash cwm for 2 weeks now. i read many forums, but nothing... in adb keep getting syntax error unexpected word ")") did tried trough term. emulator too, i do have the busybox, so i have no idea now...

dratdestroyer

dratdestroyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a B892 phone.

I followed all the instructions and when I get to "press power to reboot" all I get is a picture of a hat on a onange circle.

I tried pressing power again and got the menu back.

So I pressed the house home key and the phone rebooted.

There is no SU and the phone is not rooted.

Any suggestions please?

smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Huawei X3; Huawei Ascend G300
Have one of these. Looked through the thread and followed instructions like others. No SU after the final reboot.
Have Hisuite installed and when i install-superrecovery-windows.bat it only comes up for like a split second. Went to recovery mode, did final reboot and no SU.On gingerbread & stock Vodafone AU...

RC_cat

RC_cat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 JB 4.3 CM10.2
  • Twitter:@Robert_cat

the super recovery tell me "wright recovere failed (command not allowed) where i wrong?

I'm in the same place but in B936
It can copy the file but it can't run the command.

Before when I have GB and B934, I haven't problems.

What can we do???

Posted Image

smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Huawei X3; Huawei Ascend G300

Ok, I have now managed to root the phone in order to get administrative control of the phone i.e. so I can delete pre-installed apps. Anyone wanting to install the latest android os (without waiting for the official relese) will also need to do this first. S
This is what I did (at your own risk)

0- I don’t think this is necessary but can’t rule it out as I did it. Connect phone to a PC and install the drivers on the phone. I think there are two

1- Turn on USB DEBUGGING and uncheck Fast Boot
Go to Settings > Application Settings > Development and check the "USB Debugging" box. Also in application setting uncheck fast boot.

2- download the superrecovery file on to a pc (need software like winrar), once downloaded extract the files in to a folder.

3- Put the phone in bootloader modeSwitch phone off, take battery out, take USB out (if connected) wait a few seconds, put battery back in. Hold the volume down button and press the power buttons, release once Huawei log appears
The Huawei logo should not disappear, if it does you need to do step three again.
This may take several attempts, try holding longer on the volume down button and the power button.

4- Connect your phone to your PC. Now go to the folder where the downloaded file was extracted and double click the ‘install-superrecovery-windows.bat' file.
You should see a black screen, only last a few seconds, says something like ‘waiting for devise’

Phone screen remains the same on logo.

5- Switch phone off by taking battery out, take cable out, wait a few seconds, put battery back in. Now hold the volume up button and press the power button until the blue recovery screen appears. The ‘reboot devise’ should be highlighted, select it by pressing the power button.

6- Complete, phone should be rooted.
I downloaded the app rom toolbox. If it installs and allows you to use the app then your phone has been rooted.
Before downloading clear your cache (setting>application setting). Delete the app and re-install it if it doesn’t work the first time.
The app allows you to take control of the phone i.e. delete unwanted pre-installed app

Thanks to Paul and putbinoot

Thank you very much. This did it for me.Rooted!!! Yippee!!....Amazing what clear concise and complete instructions can do :)

carrthee89

carrthee89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Devices:Lg optimus one Ascend G300
Hey guys i tried pauls rooting method today.. But unfortunately there is no superuser app installed.. Pressing vol up + power on takes me to the 3e recovery.. ( blue coloured thing).. Is there any flashable zip for super user .. so that i can flash it via recovery.. can it be do like that???

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
their a super user zip on the infusion thread ,go to begging and look at addons click show and grab it then flash through recovery.okay

ezpc98

ezpc98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Huawei G300
I have G300 on stock rom rooted and working fine with this method. Main reason was to remove Vodafone crap.

However, I'm having trouble getting Barclays mobile banking app to work. Have tried various tricks of trade to hide root by reading number of posts but no luck as Barclays app still able to find phone as rooted. Need help to rescue.

How do I now un-root phone or is there fool proof way to hide root / unroot temporarily?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users