Photo

How to root your Huawei Ascend G300 (for Windows, Mac and Linux)

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

buckleheid

buckleheid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:ascend g300,SG2
ok,rooted now thanks for your patience,how do i remove some of the vodafone stuff like qype?

pritsey

pritsey

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Devices:galaxy nexus, nexus 7

ok,rooted now thanks for your patience,how do i remove some of the vodafone stuff like qype?

Exactly what I'm trying to do - glad not just me wondering how to do it!

buckleheid

buckleheid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
think its this way?
try this,settings,applications,manage applications,scroll thru to the ones you want to remove,not sure tho so dont do it until someone can confirm this is correct

pritsey

pritsey

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Devices:galaxy nexus, nexus 7
I can't delete the stock Voda crapps that way. I have SuperSU now, but no apps showing there - is this right?

buckleheid

buckleheid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
no idea m8,tried that as well haha

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
You need a root browser. Apps installed in system can't be deleted as you would a normal app.
I use Rom Toolbox. There is an app list built in and you should be able to delete from there.

Please respect the power that a root browser gives you and don't change what you don't know and don't delete if your not sure.

buckleheid

buckleheid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
cheers for the tip,im only be trying to delete the vodafone stuff,but not all of it.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Use the built in app manager in Rom Toolbox then scroll to the right to see all apps.
You can just click the app from there and get a quick menu or long press for much more options

buckleheid

buckleheid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
cheers ive got rom toolbox now,i wont run that yet ill just install the clockwork mod then see how it goes,tomorrows project,too tired need sleep

kaizoku_san

kaizoku_san

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V970

Mine took two attempts but this is what i done.
phone off
pull usb cable
pull battery
wait few seconds
install battery
holding down "volume down" turn phone on, phone vibrates let buttons go.
Huawei logo should be on screen if yes insert usb cable.
windows detects phone and installs drivers (or something I am no expert). lol can you tell.
double click the bat file and a command windows appears and magic happens and the command window disappears.

I got no prompt about going into recovery mode, it may have been in the command window but it disappeared to fast. once the command window disappeared i done the following.
Pulled the battery
pulled the usb cable
waited a few seconds
installed battery
hold down "volume up" and turned phone on, once phone vibrates let buttons go.
you should be at the recovery screen ( i was not the first time)
reboot device should already be highlighted
press power button to select reboot
phone reboots and look in app drawer for SU
and that should be you.

hope this helps.

thank you so much for this.
i didnt read paul's instructions properly, and after spending a long time unlocking a sensation, i kept on pressing the DOWN volume button to go into bootloader.
only when i went through your post did i read that i should press the UP volume button after the .bat file did its thing (which i expected for it to show me something like the sensation root...."...beer beer.... etc...."!!!)

now rooted :) :)
gonna look around for a better rom than the stock version :)

Edited by kaizoku_san, 01 June 2012 - 01:35 AM.

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Devices:Blade, U8510, G300
just ran linux script as root and got this:

sending 'recovery' (5074 KB)... OKAY
writing 'recovery'... OKAY
./install-superrecovery-linux.sh: 3: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

er is this serious?!

edit: guess not 'cos it works. you just need to escape your brackets to avoid scaring newbs please :)

Edited by Smiff2, 01 June 2012 - 12:05 PM.

wiiija

wiiija

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
sean@sean-UL30A:~/Downloads/r1-g300-superrecovery$ sudo ./install-superrecovery-linux.sh
[sudo] password for sean:
./install-superrecovery-linux.sh: 2: ./install-superrecovery-linux.sh: ./fastboot-linux: not found
./install-superrecovery-linux.sh: 3: ./install-superrecovery-linux.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Any ideas? fastboot-linux is there, I have no idea whats going on!

Edited by wiiija, 02 June 2012 - 08:05 PM.

wiiija

wiiija

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Nevermind, done in windows :)

cartoone

cartoone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Just out of Technical curiosity.. ( to know the reason why the phone is not getting unlocked even after rooting..)
When you root a device, i thought we are bringing the system to its barebones and putting the original firmware (please correct I'm wrong)
Then why is it not unlocking the carrier? ( Are they doing the sim lock at a much hardware level?)

Edited by cartoone, 15 June 2012 - 11:02 AM.

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
no, rooting just means gaining root access on a linux system.
this basically just means installing SU (superuser) which appears like another app in the app drawer and allows other apps root permissions.. nothing to do with carrier locking or changing ROMs.

cartoone

cartoone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

no, rooting just means gaining root access on a linux system.
this basically just means installing SU (superuser) which appears like another app in the app drawer and allows other apps root permissions.. nothing to do with carrier locking or changing ROMs.

thanks mate for the simple explanation.

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
yeah that wasn't a great explanation sorry.. "root" is like "administrator" in Windows - permission to write anywhere in the file system. a normal user can only read the \system partition for example, root can read and write.

you need root access before you can change roms and use some apps. you do not need root access to unlock a phone, you need an unlock code :)

Edited by Smiff2, 15 June 2012 - 10:38 PM.

Pear of Anguish

Pear of Anguish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi folks

First thanks for the guide, this has been my first attempt at rooting or generally doing anything to a phone and for the most part I think I've succeeded!
However...
I've had no obvious issues following this but I'm just at a wall now. I think the device is rooted as in no problems downloading the file to PC and got through the installation process and rebooting on the android screen. Phone is now on and I'm just wondering what to do now. I've had a look through the app pages and unable to find anything named SU. Guessng I just need to find this and activate it now?

Thanks in advance

BGRT

BGRT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade | Huawei G300
Nice one ! Got my G300 yesterday afternoon and was only looking (at least for now !) for a way to remove the demos... done ! Now waiting for that unlock code but it seems the Ebay vendor I chose doesn't 'process' at the weekend... ah well, at least I can still connect through wifi :)

Pear of Anguish

Pear of Anguish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi folks

First thanks for the guide, this has been my first attempt at rooting or generally doing anything to a phone and for the most part I think I've succeeded!
However...
I've had no obvious issues following this but I'm just at a wall now. I think the device is rooted as in no problems downloading the file to PC and got through the installation process and rebooting on the android screen. Phone is now on and I'm just wondering what to do now. I've had a look through the app pages and unable to find anything named SU. Guessng I just need to find this and activate it now?

Thanks in advance

All done, tried it a few times and for whatever reason it's now showing up.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users