Photo

How to root your Huawei Ascend G300 (for Windows, Mac and Linux)

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

schkinx

schkinx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Devices:xolo x900 .. Nexus 7 cm10
Handy guide to root B926 or B927 using linux ( bottom of page ) , saves ya having to look for it lol :P

http://www.modaco.co...t/#entry1989481

robtyketto

robtyketto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@N/A
Can anyone help in my situation where following the rooted guide on an updated B892 doesn't work?
I don't know how to find out exactly wha't going wrong as when running the windows batch script to root it, two lines are executed and they say "OK" what else can I do to find out exactly why it looks like it's been rooted but really hasnt?

Gone from B885 to B892 and have SuperSu installed but no root access.

Thanks

JokerNJ

JokerNJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco
This post is maybe from the Department of the Obvious for most users - but anyone using Windows XP to run Paul's batch file, make sure that ActiveSync is installed.
It was cracking me up yesterday, I couldn't get the phone to connect in order to run the batch file.

So for XP users:
  • Download and install ADB drivers
  • With the handset switched on and not connected, go to Settings > Development and make sure USB debugging is switched on.
  • Also in Development settings, make sure Fastboot is off.
  • Connect the handset to your PC with USB cable.
  • Go to My Computer, you will see 3x extra hard drives. One will be called 'ISO'. Open it.
  • In the ISO drive is a folder for drivers and a shortcut to download ActiveSync from Microsoft.
  • Install the USB drivers and download and install ActiveSync.
  • Restart your PC if advised to.
  • Follow Paul's instructions on the first post in this thread.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC
I'm not sure why you would need ActiveSync at all... I have certainly never installed it and can run the .bat files and root fine without it.

irishpancake

irishpancake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy SIII GT-I9300

This post is maybe from the Department of the Obvious for most users - but anyone using Windows XP to run Paul's batch file, make sure that ActiveSync is installed.
It was cracking me up yesterday, I couldn't get the phone to connect in order to run the batch file.

So for XP users:

• Download and install ADB drivers
  • With the handset switched on and not connected, go to Settings > Development and make sure USB debugging is switched on.
  • Also in Development settings, make sure Fastboot is off.
  • Connect the handset to your PC with USB cable.
  • Go to My Computer, you will see 3x extra hard drives. One will be called 'ISO'. Open it.
  • In the ISO drive is a folder for drivers and a shortcut to download ActiveSync from Microsoft.
  • Install the USB drivers and download and install ActiveSync.
  • Restart your PC if advised to.
  • Follow Paul's instructions on the first post in this thread.

Just for clarity, on my Ascend G300, the "Fast boot" option is not in Settings/Applications/Development........

it actually lives in the Settings/Applications Menu, and there is a "check box" there to enable/disable....

"Fast boot" should be unchecked for this procedure!!!! [to be able to get to Bootloader]

And, in case anyone is confused, this Huawei "Fast boot" option has absolutely nuffing to do with ADB fastboot, which Paul uses to flash recovery.superrecovery.img to our phone via that batch file in Windows..........this is all there is:

fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.superrecovery.img
echo Now reboot to recovery to root your device (pull battery, then hold volume up and press power).

Of course, the batch file is in this folder in Windows, which contains adb, fastboot, etc

Posted Image

Edited by irishpancake, 30 July 2012 - 07:21 PM.

Now got Galaxy S III I9300 ...and Momo11 Bird Tablet running Christian Troy CM9....the wife has an Ascend g300 running?? Stock+ R6 from Cyda!!

Get Dropbox....Please click and get 2GB free plus 250Mb for referral...Dropbox is useful

deuse

deuse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Devices:Cube Talk 5H
I just got my fone and this is the first thing I did..perfect..not a problem :)

Thanks to all.

U2_Neat

U2_Neat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
same here, all worked fine, thanks!

Edited by U2_Neat, 02 August 2012 - 08:22 AM.

umangu2000

umangu2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi,

Sorry for being a bbob but I did what is written and thought things worked as they were supposed to be ... But think my device was not rooted ...

How do I check if it indeed is the case & in case it's not rooted actually then what do I do to root it?4

Thanks in advance ...

cheers

servalan

servalan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Got my G300 today. Thanks very much for this root :)

Hi,

Sorry for being a bbob but I did what is written and thought things worked as they were supposed to be ... But think my device was not rooted ...

How do I check if it indeed is the case & in case it's not rooted actually then what do I do to root it?4

Thanks in advance ...

cheers

Install Root Checker app from Play store.

Edited by servalan, 03 August 2012 - 10:53 PM.

umangu2000

umangu2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Got my G300 today. Thanks very much for this root :)

Install Root Checker app from Play store.

Did that and that said it's not rooted .... what do I do next how do I root mine?

umangu2000

umangu2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Yey.... tried the entire thing again & it worked .... thanks Paul .... And thanks MoDaCo Ad Free your "For Boobs" instructions couldn't have been better

keiossim

keiossim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ascend g300
hey guys im having problems with root on my g300 running icecream sand is there a way to root tried pauls with no success

Stribog

Stribog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have problem with getting into bootloader mode :/ As it was said, I unchecked "fast boot" and checked "usb debugging" - still my phone stays on huawei logo for about 10 sec. and then boot normally. Did I missed some step?

Hogweed

Hogweed

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
Uncheck fastboot if it is on. Also make sure you continue to hold the volume button for several seconds after the phone powers on or it will boot normally.

Hogweed

Hogweed

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

hey guys im having problems with root on my g300 running icecream sand is there a way to root tried pauls with no success

You need unlockbootloader.exe for ICS ROMs

These instructions are only for GB ROMs. There should be a bolded message about that at the start of this thread. Despite repeated requests for one there isn't though. Follow the instructions here to root ICS ROMs http://www.modaco.co...l-ics-403-b926/

Edited by Hogweed, 05 August 2012 - 03:47 PM.

Yaf

Yaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:G300
Edit: read my later post, i have now rooted my phone

Edited by Yaf, 07 August 2012 - 09:24 AM.

Blasphemous

Blasphemous

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

- Download the SuperRecovery zip file above and extract to a directory
- Put your device in bootloader mode - turn off the phone, pull the battery and USB cable, wait a few seconds, replace the battery then turn on with the 'volume DOWN' button pressed to enter the bootloader. The device will stay at the Huawei logo.

- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superrecovery-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superrecovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-superrecovery-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superrecovery-linux.sh' followed by './install-superrecovery-linux.sh'
- When prompted, put your device in recovery mode - turn off the phone, pull the battery and USB cable, wait a few seconds, replace the battery then turn on with the 'volume UP' button pressed to enter recovery. When recovery has loaded, you are rooted! Select the reboot option using the power button and you're done!

I've carried out steps highlighted above but after double clicking on 'install-superrecovery-windows.bat' the phone is just sitting at the Huawei Logo. How long should it stay like that before I get the last part (Prompt for recovery mode)?

EDIT: I just pulled the battery and tried the next step (turn on with volume up), and it went into recovery. Rebooted and then check root with Root Checker (downloaded from Market), and I now have root access. :D

Now, is there a list of what is and isn't 'Vodafone' crap? I'm in Manage Applications but there's nothing there that says it's 'Vodafone'. There are a few Apps in red that I'm not sure about but I don't want to just start deleting stuff in case it's 'needed' on the phone.

Thanks in advance guys.

Edited by Blasphemous, 06 August 2012 - 06:55 PM.

GB-UK

GB-UK

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, Dell Streak 7
I'm having problems with this aswell. I've got the g300 in bootloader mode and reconnect the USB, I then click on

double click 'install-superrecovery-windows.bat

But all I get here is waiting for device. I've installed the drivers from the virtual CD, unchecked fastboot and checked USB debugging. I've installed the latest version of hisuite aswell but still get the waiting for device message! any idea where I'm going wrong?

Yaf

Yaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:G300
Ok, I have now managed to root the phone in order to get administrative control of the phone i.e. so I can delete pre-installed apps. Anyone wanting to install the latest android os (without waiting for the official relese) will also need to do this first. S
This is what I did (at your own risk)

0- I don’t think this is necessary but can’t rule it out as I did it. Connect phone to a PC and install the drivers on the phone. I think there are two

1- Turn on USB DEBUGGING and uncheck Fast Boot
Go to Settings > Application Settings > Development and check the "USB Debugging" box. Also in application setting uncheck fast boot.

2- download the superrecovery file on to a pc (need software like winrar), once downloaded extract the files in to a folder.

3- Put the phone in bootloader modeSwitch phone off, take battery out, take USB out (if connected) wait a few seconds, put battery back in. Hold the volume down button and press the power buttons, release once Huawei log appears
The Huawei logo should not disappear, if it does you need to do step three again.
This may take several attempts, try holding longer on the volume down button and the power button.

4- Connect your phone to your PC. Now go to the folder where the downloaded file was extracted and double click the ‘install-superrecovery-windows.bat' file.
You should see a black screen, only last a few seconds, says something like ‘waiting for devise’

Phone screen remains the same on logo.

5- Switch phone off by taking battery out, take cable out, wait a few seconds, put battery back in. Now hold the volume up button and press the power button until the blue recovery screen appears. The ‘reboot devise’ should be highlighted, select it by pressing the power button.

6- Complete, phone should be rooted.
I downloaded the app rom toolbox. If it installs and allows you to use the app then your phone has been rooted.
Before downloading clear your cache (setting>application setting). Delete the app and re-install it if it doesn’t work the first time.
The app allows you to take control of the phone i.e. delete unwanted pre-installed app

Thanks to Paul and putbinoot

GB-UK

GB-UK

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, Dell Streak 7
Sorted! for some reason windows had blocked the phone in while in bootloader mode, unblocked it from device manager and it worked straight away!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users