Photo

Huawei loudspeaker issue DEFINITELY software related.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

Poll: G300 volume issues (106 member(s) have cast votes)

Does your G300 have lower than expected volume levels?

1. Yes (93 votes [87.74%])

Percentage of vote: 87.74%

2. No (7 votes [6.60%])

Percentage of vote: 6.60%

3. Unsure (6 votes [5.66%])

Percentage of vote: 5.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

kradcliffe

kradcliffe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
Ah OK, what if I have everything backed up to the SD card with Titanium backup, can I flash the new FW then recover with that?

Keith

FlatPackPete

FlatPackPete

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Note 2

Ah OK, what if I have everything backed up to the SD card with Titanium backup, can I flash the new FW then recover with that?

Keith

Yeah no problem :)

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
was told by vodafone store today that all stock had been returned to Huawei to fix the sound issue so can't buy.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200

was told by vodafone store today that all stock had been returned to Huawei to fix the sound issue so can't buy.

That's ridiculous. But at least they are doing something I suppose. But why not just a software update ota?

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

That's ridiculous. But at least they are doing something I suppose. But why not just a software update ota?

I cant understand them doing it but they need to get the back in the stores quick as people will still want/ask for them & if they dont get them they'll more than likely leave cost Vodafone money.

never know...if they have they might put ICS on them ;) lol...yeah right lol

Edited by FrankieADZ, 05 May 2012 - 06:32 PM.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
We can live in hope. Just hope it's pretty much stock ICS. I don't want too many changes although I don't mind their gingerbread roms too much.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
Yeah I have been torn whether to buy another given my first phone issues. Would have bought one today but couldn't so may just wait for the Orange Santa Clara now which should be around the same price point or a bit more but with a 1.6 ghz processor.
That and Huawei being slow to release a fix, just telling people to keep checking their Facebook page for updates. Huawei have visions of being in the top 3 phone manufacturers. Lets hope they learn from this.

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Yeah I have been torn whether to buy another given my first phone issues. Would have bought one today but couldn't so may just wait for the Orange Santa Clara now which should be around the same price point or a bit more but with a 1.6 ghz processor.
That and Huawei being slow to release a fix, just telling people to keep checking their Facebook page for updates. Huawei have visions of being in the top 3 phone manufacturers. Lets hope they learn from this.

when does the Santa Clara come out?

punjabi

punjabi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego

when does the Santa Clara come out?

I thought it was coming out in summer sometime (June/July maybe?)

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
Orange has put up the expression of interest page so it should not be too long. 4 inch screen also with ICS update to come. A similar phone although slightly different, essentially the same phone is currently on sale in India. It looks to be a fairly thick phone though but looks ok.

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Orange has put up the expression of interest page so it should not be too long. 4 inch screen also with ICS update to come. A similar phone although slightly different, essentially the same phone is currently on sale in India. It looks to be a fairly thick phone though but looks ok.

tbf...it looks quite good to me, doesnt look too thick tbf...about the same as the iphone as ive seen. what phone is it in india?

on the Huawei issue. I think they need to be quicker to release fixes...also..i think apart of the problem here was Vodafone in not checking everything was 100% perfect to release.

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
The Santa Clara is an atom x86 so external support will be thin on the ground.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
lovo xolo x900 is the Indian version. Do you think devs wont take it up Tilal?

http://www.anandtech...edfield-phone/4

Edited by Davidoff59, 05 May 2012 - 08:54 PM.

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
I'm not sure but personally based on my experiences you don't want to make dev ving more difficult than it is. And when all other devices are arm you're going to find it difficult. Think of the arm6 vs arm7 incompatibility problems and multiply that by 10.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

FlatPackPete

FlatPackPete

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Note 2
90% of any apps should work fine as long as the dalvik engine is ported ok, and I'm sure Intel have done a good job in that. The issue is anything that uses machine code for speed, and things like cyanogenmod.

Most people won't even know it's a Intel processor.

coupedummy

coupedummy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE
cheers guys,updated the software today with stock roms and sound now works fine..it also ditched the voda bloatware which is a bonus

zerosignull

zerosignull

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

The phone has been out for two weeks and the issue has been fixed. Not sure what your expecting but you wouldn't get next day service from premuim device providers like Apple.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
The issue has not been officially fixed. The fix is a leaked version. Unless a purchaser visits here, then they will know no different and many devices have been returned.

I would expect a phone to notify me of incoming calls and notifications, yes as first and foremost, its a phone and it's not too much to expect. If shipping products and missing glaring faults whether they be software or hardware, then of course they will get stick for it.

I have not heard a single report of tech sites who were given devices to test reporting sound issues so something changed between that time and the Vodafone release. The fact that both Huawei and Vodafone missed it is inexcusable. Vodafone have been silent on this issue.

Huawei are giving a possible time scale of a further 2 weeks. Vodafone stock has been returned according to the store I went to today. If it was no biggie, they would have continued to sell but the complaints have been big enough and public enough to warrant their return. Vodafone should be taking advantage of their 3 month exclusivity deal but have embarrassed themselves.

Having spent 6 years in Quality Control, I would never expect a customer to accept 'we are working on it, check back in a week or so'. That sort of attitude would have cost me my job and would have cost the company money in fines for any downtime incurred.

Customers should not be Beta testers.

zerosignull

zerosignull

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

The issue has not been officially fixed. The fix is a leaked version. Unless a purchaser visits here, then they will know no different and many devices have been returned.

Customers should not be Beta testers.

Returning a device is the quickest way of putting a rocket up the ass of a company for faulty units and yes the end users shouldn’t be the beta testers. Personally I had only experienced the low speaker volume issue was not aware about the phone not reviving call.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
There is no issue receiving calls I think he was exaggerating the issue. I've not missed any calls or texts prior to installing the leaked rom although I did sleep through one alarm out of about 11.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users