Photo

Huawei loudspeaker issue DEFINITELY software related.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

Poll: G300 volume issues (106 member(s) have cast votes)

Does your G300 have lower than expected volume levels?

1. Yes (93 votes [87.74%])

Percentage of vote: 87.74%

2. No (7 votes [6.60%])

Percentage of vote: 6.60%

3. Unsure (6 votes [5.66%])

Percentage of vote: 5.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

FrownBreaker

FrownBreaker

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Devices:R1

90% of any apps should work fine as long as the dalvik engine is ported ok, and I'm sure Intel have done a good job in that. The issue is anything that uses machine code for speed, and things like cyanogenmod.

Most people won't even know it's a Intel processor.

That might be true for Apps. But the drivers and kernel patches etc will need to be ported to Medfield (the intel Atom CPU) and remember this is a Generation One Intel Mobile CPU...
Pricewise the one on sale in India costs quite a lot (£190 or £240 from memory) so the Orange version might cost more than the Monte Carlo. Having said that Orange are Selling the HTC Windows phone for £100 PAYG with a £1.50 unlock on ebay that has a good spec and aluminium body. - Shame about the OS ;)

FlatPackPete

FlatPackPete

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Note 2
I can imagine from a devs point of view it might be a pain in the arse but if intel / google do a good point intergrating it into the sdk then it may just be a point of just changing a flag during compilation. http://www.android-x86.info/ has got a bunch of info for the curious.
The HTC HD7 is only £100? Can't find it on their site so must just be clearing stock.

FrownBreaker

FrownBreaker

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Devices:R1

I can imagine from a devs point of view it might be a pain in the arse but if intel / google do a good point intergrating it into the sdk then it may just be a point of just changing a flag during compilation. http://www.android-x86.info/ has got a bunch of info for the curious. The HTC HD7 is only £100? Can't find it on their site so must just be clearing stock.

You are right clearing stock IN STORE ONLY nothing on line. Windows Phone 7 has issues as you cannot add memory via SD card, even though some phones have SD card slots ?!! This unit ships with 8Gig only so you cannot upgrade. Folk who have tired report problems even with high end branded MicroSD cards. Not sure why Microsoft are shooting themselves in the foot. The release rate for patches and updates is really slow. Makes the G300 sound issue patch fiasco look fast! 9 months + for minor fixes to the camera. Also Microsoft have not confirmed these pre apollo phones will be upgradeable so the Mango units might be cul-de-sacs but for around £109 and the cheap unlocks via ebay (£1.50!!) then it might be a good buy for a solid bit of kits with a new OS.

http://www.hotukdeal...-orange-1211250

- Windows Phone OS 7.5 Mango

- 1GHz processor

- 3.8 inch touch screen

- 5 megapixel camera

- F2.2 lens, LED flash, BSI sensor

- 720p HD video recording

More info here http://help.orange.c...personal/640739 there is a phone simulator link at the end (did not work in my browser - unless the simulator is pants like the phone ;)

Edited by FrownBreaker, 06 May 2012 - 06:54 PM.

zerosignull

zerosignull

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

There is no issue receiving calls I think he was exaggerating the issue. I've not missed any calls or texts prior to installing the leaked rom although I did sleep through one alarm out of about 11.

Do you know how to change the alarm timeout? Its really annoying that it times out after a minute.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
I use DX Clock. Great app with loads of options.

Reg Medfield, Intel are trying to create market share. If its too expensive or at a price point of similar phones, people will go for the known manufacturer. It is also made by an unknown manufacturer. Benchmarks look good although it is an old chip architecture.

dbaseii

dbaseii

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Devices:POV Mobii 10.1
  • Twitter:@dbase

You are right clearing stock IN STORE ONLY nothing on line. Windows Phone 7 has issues as you cannot add memory via SD card, even though some phones have SD card slots ?!! This unit ships with 8Gig only so you cannot upgrade. Folk who have tired report problems even with high end branded MicroSD cards. Not sure why Microsoft are shooting themselves in the foot. The release rate for patches and updates is really slow. Makes the G300 sound issue patch fiasco look fast! 9 months + for minor fixes to the camera. Also Microsoft have not confirmed these pre apollo phones will be upgradeable so the Mango units might be cul-de-sacs but for around £109 and the cheap unlocks via ebay (£1.50!!) then it might be a good buy for a solid bit of kits with a new OS.

http://www.hotukdeal...-orange-1211250

- Windows Phone OS 7.5 Mango

- 1GHz processor

- 3.8 inch touch screen

- 5 megapixel camera

- F2.2 lens, LED flash, BSI sensor

- 720p HD video recording

More info here http://help.orange.c...personal/640739 there is a phone simulator link at the end (did not work in my browser - unless the simulator is pants like the phone ;)

I wouldn't touch one of these with a barge pole

kradcliffe

kradcliffe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
Guys, this thread is going horrendously off topic!

Can we please just stick to the U8815 audio

Keith

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
on the speaker issue. I remember there was an issue with the ZTE Blade/Orange San Fran's when they came out didnt they.

Im surprised there isnt an update prompt when you get it new, as the speaker issue now seems to be fixed...I guess it could be something to do with Vodafone there I guess

dbaseii

dbaseii

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Can anyone understand why flashing the b886 rom fixes the speaker problem even after flashing back the original vodafone rom?

toge64

toge64

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:Bargain android devices... (and high end ones too)
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Galaxy Tab 2

Can anyone understand why flashing the b886 rom fixes the speaker problem even after flashing back the original vodafone rom?

really?!

Have: Nexus 4, Galaxy Tab 2, HP Touchpad
Sold: Orange OSF/ZTE Blade AMOLED, Huawei Ascend G300

dbaseii

dbaseii

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

really?!

Yes. I have mentioned this in previous post. I did a cwm restore of my vodafone rom and the speaker issue is still fixed.

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • Devices:Moto E

Yes. Something in the update sets the speaker volume. The vodafone stock rom does not have this instruction

markxtc123

markxtc123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@ICTGOD
For those who like to stick with the official software...

Huawei Device UK

We will be sharing our software update for the Ascend G 300 tomorrow. Keep an eye out for instructions on how to install it here!

Posted on Facebook today.

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Huawei Device UK
We will be sharing our software update for the Ascend G 300 tomorrow. Keep an eye out for instructions on how to install it here!

I saw that too :) hopefully it will be more than the B888 most people have already installed :)

caballeropl

caballeropl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Hi. So is the speaker issue definately resolved now?

KasioPC

KasioPC

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@kasiopc

Hi. So is the speaker issue definately resolved now?

Unofficially yes, if you install different software than what the phone came with. Huawei are releasing an official fix tomorrow (so they say)

dancg

dancg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Huawei Device UK

If you are not with Vodafone any more, will you receive this update through your current provider any way? (GiffGaff in my case...)

FlatPackPete

FlatPackPete

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Note 2

If you are not with Vodafone any more, will you receive this update through your current provider any way? (GiffGaff in my case...)

Good question. You may not get an automatic notice but you can do settings > about phone > online upgrade

Martin__S

Martin__S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
OTA update now available which fixes the volume issue :-)

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
did you download it martin? is all the vodafone stuff still on there? Can you post the built number

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users