Photo

Huawei loudspeaker issue DEFINITELY software related.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

Poll: G300 volume issues (106 member(s) have cast votes)

Does your G300 have lower than expected volume levels?

1. Yes (93 votes [87.74%])

Percentage of vote: 87.74%

2. No (7 votes [6.60%])

Percentage of vote: 6.60%

3. Unsure (6 votes [5.66%])

Percentage of vote: 5.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200

I have... nothing super obvious but a few things to try...

P

I didn't think you would have time to be looking!

Patrick73

Patrick73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
I download the FM spirit apk, and installed it, i then started it and it told me to plug in the headphones. I did, I closed to app as i was getting nothing from it, but I restarted it but android had popped up the force close bit. it did this every next time i tried to start it.

but FM still running as when on normal homescreen when I press the volume buttons its showing the FM volume. And nothing plugging in but volume still high on rear speaker.
I have fast boot on and i have taskpanel installed and set not to kill the FM app, but that was setup using the fm radio app that comes with the app, even before I installed the new one.

I have removed the spirit fm app and I am able to hear all sounds as they should be and i can even hear phones calls in the front speaker for your ear.

Edited by Patrick73, 20 April 2012 - 08:50 AM.

goodfella123

goodfella123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
So is it fixed then?

Patrick73

Patrick73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

So is it fixed then?

so far it seems to work as a hack lol, it has the small amount of "white noise" on the rear speaker, which you can only here if its next to your ear.

But I can make phone calls with no headphones in and the front speaker works as it should

and it works at the same volume as when the fm radio supplied with the phone was running with the headphones in, which now mine are not and its still running.

I would put up a video to show it, but my wife's a Nurse and she's in bed after doing nights. And will not get up till 4:30pm today.

I'm more than willing to show it then.

but I can take picture to show fm volume still running when no headphones in the mobile
Attached File  IMG_0595.JPG   94.85KB   27 downloads

Cheers

Edited by Patrick73, 20 April 2012 - 09:17 AM.

goodfella123

goodfella123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
That's great, i only suggested it thinking it wouldn't work, but thanks for reporting back and thanks to bumps for recommending the spirit fm app.
I'll give it a go later when i've reinstalled all my apps - this titanium backup app is superb!!!

Patrick73

Patrick73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

That's great, i only suggested it thinking it wouldn't work, but thanks for reporting back and thanks to bumps for recommending the spirit fm app.
I'll give it a go later when i've reinstalled all my apps - this titanium backup app is superb!!!

I just don't want to turn my mobile off now like i normally do at bed time lol, just in case.it stops doing it.

the app after you press the power button for to turn the radio on says its doing something then it does not finish saying its doing something. i press the home button then killed all apps and restarted the app and got the force close popup after so long, but the fm radio carrid on running in the background.

just after doing it if you get it to work, do not then try usin gthe supplied fm radio app as I think that will close due to no headphones in...

Edited by Patrick73, 20 April 2012 - 09:25 AM.

goodfella123

goodfella123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
Right, i'll check battery use stats when i've got it all working just to see if it's much of a drain having the fm radio on constantly.

Patrick73

Patrick73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
I'm going to leave mine on charge while at home lol. Also battery should not be to much if this one goes tits up.

misterleoni

misterleoni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

1334914389[/url]' post='1938202']
I'm going to leave mine on charge while at home lol. Also battery should not be to much if this one goes tits up.

Can confirm that you just need to open the Spirit app and close it again once it has loaded and the general volume goes up to optimum levels until a reboot is performed. the only downside is that the speaker is constantly emitting a low hiss. I wonder if the problem IS fixable in software or if there is a slight hardware issue that prevents any *real* fix outside of this FM hack. Huawei are not being very vocal about it. You'd think they might have made a statement and offered a timeline for some sort of patch if it were simply an issue with audio filters. Clearly we are only getting the correct levels when FM is running - the sound itself when the hack is performed almost seems like it is being transmitted over FM rather than just getting higher...that's how it seems to me anyway. Hopefully I'm just being cynical unnecessarily though.

bumps

bumps

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Desire Z
ppls reviews on vodafone are slating the low volume now aswell

Patrick73

Patrick73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Can confirm that you just need to open the Spirit app and close it again once it has loaded and the general volume goes up to optimum levels until a reboot is performed. the only downside is that the speaker is constantly emitting a low hiss. I wonder if the problem IS fixable in software or if there is a slight hardware issue that prevents any *real* fix outside of this FM hack. Huawei are not being very vocal about it. You'd think they might have made a statement and offered a timeline for some sort of patch if it were simply an issue with audio filters. Clearly we are only getting the correct levels when FM is running - the sound itself when the hack is performed almost seems like it is being transmitted over FM rather than just getting higher...that's how it seems to me anyway. Hopefully I'm just being cynical unnecessarily though.

Please phone them on the number I gave on my topic. Also I have been doing posts on there uk Facebook page. Plus emailing vodafone too.

The more people the better. I have also contacted a top uk tech site too about it. And was told they will keep and eye out for the problems

bumps

bumps

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
it's gotta be a software issue nothing different happens with the hardware just by running a radio app

bumps

bumps

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
pat u tried them on twitter ? http://twitter.com/#!/HuaweiDevice they seem to answer that

Patrick73

Patrick73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
I have had to reinstall the app as I had removed it, but installed again, and this time i was able to set the option not to ask for the headphones,

So after every reboot or turn off, you have to run it again, it seems to turn the bluetooth on for some reason and once it has done that when you press the apps power button, it can be sent back to the home screen and kill tasks.

And you should have the fm volume come on when you press the volume button instead of the ringer volume one.

Also if you have a task killer installed make sure you have it set not to close it when you kill task's

Konstipated Kiwi

Konstipated Kiwi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
It's odd that none of the reviews mentioned this problem. What changed for the retail handsets?

Patrick73

Patrick73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

1334926837[/url]' post='1938310']
It's odd that none of the reviews mentioned this problem. What changed for the retail handsets?

What might have happened is like one uk tech site told me, the reviews where only at a preview, where there would be many things around them making noise. So would not have shown up as much...

misterleoni

misterleoni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I suspect it might be a bug with the Vodafone firmware but it's hard to say until we get hold of generic firmware. I find it hard to believe that Huawei would have got the product through its full testing phase without noticing.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Only just bought my phone and charging it now. Can someone please for me...

Download alogcat. Start music app and play a song at full volume. Save the logcat.

Start fm radio and let it play at full volume. Save the logcat.

Apply the temp hack/fix and play a song at full volume. save and post all three logcats here. I want to have a nosey.

zbvif

zbvif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

yeah you are right works with spirit fm radio

Can someone clarify WHICH "Spirit FM" app people are talking about?
I have installed the "Spirt FM" based apparently on the UKRD Radio Player. But that seems to use the "Media Volume", not the "FM Volume" (so whe I turn it dow , everything else goes down).
Is this the right one? (I am loathe to download the other 'Spirit FM' listed - an american Christian station....)

I have managed to get the inbuilt FM 'fix' to work, and have cut off a headphone jack to leave ~3mm to allow it to be pulled back out. But that confuses the phome somewhat - some things try to play through the headphones..

Neal

goodfella123

goodfella123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
Yup christian radio it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users