new roms (gingerbread, ice cream sandwich....)

Guest gregorv

Guest gregorv

Hello

When will we get new ICS and GB roms for this phone?

What is needed to produce GB and also ICS roms?

Will it take long time before we can see-get new roms?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Guest FlatPackPete

Steady on, it's only been out since Friday LOL!

Huawei have said they will release ICS for it in the second half of the year.

As for individuals, it depends. If the underlying hardware is similar to other phones then we can use their custom roms as a starting point, but for some phones it depends on the manufacturer releasing the source code.

Fingers crossed custom roms won't be too hard to develop wink.gif

Guest Frankish

I'm dying to buy one but I'm skint. I think someone needs to set up a PayPal for us all to chip into then we donate a phone to a deserving dev. One who has the time to dedicate to developing for this phone!

Guest putbinoot

Only had a wildfire, skate and now this and to be honest after trying lots of different roms on the skate which was great, I for the first time of my limited experience think this phone is good enough just how it is. Sure I have rooted it and want to take of the installed game demos (but don't know how) but it feels just right. Ok one thing, I would like to be able to pick what apps show in the unlock screen or add more I think there is enough space for 8 but that's about it. Just my inexperienced 2p.

Guest FlatPackPete

If you search the app store for SystemCleanup then this can help you delete the apps you don't want.

You can also install Root explorer and delete them from the /System/App folder, but I prefer the first option

Guest kradcliffe

I can't get them removed with Titanium even though the handset is rooted, says APK not found or something like that.

They freeze OK though and the phone has plenty free RAM now!

Keith

Guest gregorv

Ok, if I understand you correctly, we wil have to wait on Huawei to release ICS in the second half of the year :(

Or use ICS roms from similar devices, are there any similar devices to HAG300?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Guest FrankieADZ

Ok, if I understand you correctly, we wil have to wait on Huawei to release ICS in the second half of the year :(

Or use ICS roms from similar devices, are there any similar devices to HAG300?

Thank you.

Kind regards

well the phone has only been out since friday and as already said in the thread...ppl might not have the money to buy it yet etc.

Also...once there a free unlock etc i think the phone will become more popular.

Guest hecatae

I can't get them removed with Titanium even though the handset is rooted, says APK not found or something like that.

They freeze OK though and the phone has plenty free RAM now!

Keith

Hi kradcliffe, which applications are causing a problem?