aGPS Patch

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

Okay, I know that this patch has no official support for our device, but I just found out that my GPS wasn't working today (The weather is really rainy these days), so I tried to flash a patch I was using on my past device (LG Optimus One). The patch works perfect, even indoors. So I decided to post it here in case somebody else wants to use it.

Just one note - after installing edit gps.conf or use FasterGPS (free on the market) to adjust the time zone - it will both give advantage to locking speed and the ability to synchronize your phone's time using GPS.

Link to original thread.

Edited by Ianis G. Vasilev

Guest Pinguy

Got it installed and GPS and everything seems to be working fine. I am now getting locks onto more satellites so it does seem to improve GPS.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

Do I have to have data transfer enabled to get this patch to work?

Wysłano z Liquid MT

The patch simply replaces the GPS configuration file (/system/etc/gps.conf) with an alternative (and less conservative) configuration file. This patch does not change any drivers/apps.

Guest scotth324

Can that Bravia Engine be flashed onto another rom? I use t&l due to it being very lightweight. I found memory clogging issues with your earlier releases.

Guest Pinguy

Can that Bravia Engine be flashed onto another rom? I use t&l due to it being very lightweight. I found memory clogging issues with your earlier releases.

Its not as simple as flashing a zip as the build.prop needs to be edited. I guess I could place a script in the zip to make the changes. Anyway you should have another look at the performance rom. Version 4.2c has some pretty major changes to it to improve performance. The memory issues you where having are now fixed. Also as you are using t&l you will be able to use the ROM without loosing any of your settings.

Look at this post to see how to keep your data/settings: http://android.modac...ost__p__1938082

If you are not happy with the performance rom you can always go back to t&l and keep your settings by doing the same to restore your backup to get it back to how you had it.

t&l and performance rom are based on Acer_LiquidMT_4.000.13_EMEA_GEN1 so you can use the same data restore on both.

Edited by Pinguy