pound sign

Guest putbinoot

Guest putbinoot

Am i being dim , i cant find a pound sign on the stock keyboard. Why the feck does it have euro and dollar , anyway to alter keyboard to have pound sign, i like this keyboard so dont want to install another.

Guest putbinoot

its got one in the numbers menu jjust scroll down

Yeah just found it under the smilley face key , now it looks like you can add keys to a key press , anybody know how.

Guest putbinoot

Upgraded to touchpal keyboard V4.8 from market and you can edit what the second symbol on a key is, so I now have the £ sign on the main keyboard layout. biggrin.gif

Guest putbinoot

nice 1 put will do the same

Hey bumps, the stock skin is dark which you may like but I did not but you can download more skins for it which I did to take it back to the colour of the original.

• 2 months later...
Guest alpine101

Dragging up an old thread, but I've downloaded the current version of touch pal, and I haven't found where you can permanently replace the Euro symbol with the pound. Can anyone help please!?

EDIT: Now found the issue. It seems the system, because the original touchpal version came with the phone, hadn't properly picked up the new version so there was no edit function. I now have the £ symbol!

Edited by alpine101

Guest alpine101

i still cant find out ho to edit what the second symbol on a key is and i'm using this keybaord

I downloaded the current version from the Play store and let it install. I still couldn't find the edit function. The clue was in the fact that though I ticked the box in Keyboard settings, every time I went into 'touchpal keyboard' just underneath, it kept telling me I wasn't using a touchpal keyboard. But I knew I was because I could see it! eventually I restarted the phone and I think it was that that made it actually start using the new version. It now tells me I'm using 4.8.6.

Then, when you long-press a key in the full qwerty, the little popup gives you a third option on the key: it looks like a pencil. Highlighting that then gives you an edit window where you enter one character only (by bringing up the keyboard again in the window!). So you can enter any character you want including the ones in the scrollable symbol list. Once you've found it, it's easier to do than this description sounds!

Guest Maximus9

Just one second, so the phone comes with TouchPal from the start, but you need to install it again from Play?

Should I uninstall the original one first?

EDIT: seems like you should uninstall first, but how? Can't find a way to uninstall.

Q: When I upgrade to 4.8, how come my language packs are not working?

A: Pls uninstall the old language packs and then download the new language packs from TouchPal Settings-> Languages

EDIT2: used ROMToolbox on rooted phone, says it uninstalled touchpal but it is still there. Any ideas?

EDIT3: tried Root Uninstal, Astro File Manager, Super Manager, can't delete TouchPal. I really want to do it now, if it is the last thing I do. Any ideas?

Edited by Maximus9