It should work on all known Skate models having Synaptics or Focaltech touchscreens.
If your device is a SFR Staraddict (or other model) having ATMEL MXT224_P743F touchscreen then jump to this dedicated thread instead:
Use at your own risk. It is not guaranteed that it will actually work on any ROM - it's impossible
for me to test it on every custom ROM we have.
Backup your ROM before flashing so you can easily restore your system in case of problems.
- good performance
- large number of governors
- AXI and AHB bus overclock
- decent battery life
- support for newer touchscreens (Focaltech)
- support for additional light/prox sensors (ONA3301, ISL29026)
- two versions available for CM roms - normal and volume boosted that
can be used if you find volume levels too low (be aware of distortion @ high volume levels).
- S4 removed - the latest CM10/10.1 ROMs already include this kernel
- CM9 S3 kernels updated for compatibility with the current PA ROM release
- ICS S3 kernels updated for compatibility with native wifi tethering that has been recently fixed in my ParanoidAndroid ICS ROM
- CPU Governors revised
--- fixed Lagfree not scaling below 480MHz
--- fixed conservative stuck at max. frequency
--- fixed SavagedZen not ramping higher than 480MHz
--- ondemand parameters changed to match those ZTE is using in stock ROMs
--- new governor: SmartassH3 - based on SmartassV2 with parameters tuned by H3ROS (thanks) -
more efficient frequency scaling - not ramping too high when not needed this could potentially
result in better battery life
- added compatibility hack for some newer TRULY replacement LCDs
- default governor set to SmartassH3 with default min. frequency 122MHz
There's no solution for it at this moment. It's harmless, though.
It is now confirmed that this is not a kernel issue but TPT repartitioning images issue.
TPTs we have available (e.g., via TPT Helper) contain appsboot.mbn that is not compatible
with some newer Skate models (different bootloader) causing charging animation issues or even
device not being able to boot at all after applying TPT.
S2 - Stock based custom ROMs (Atomic, H3 Blues, SKatie, ...)
S3 - CM7 Based ROMs (CM7.2, MokeeOS, IceArmor, ...)
Normal version: http://tinyw.in/xot2
Volume boosted version: http://tinyw.in/65k5
S3 - CM9 Based ROMs (ColdfusionX, ICS ParanoidAndroid 1.6, ...)
Normal version: http://tinyw.in/rIqw
Volume boosted version: http://tinyw.in/34pP
1) Download zip to your SD card (it is recommended to check if MD5 sums match after download)
2) Reboot to ClockworkMod recovery
3) Make a backup of your current system using Backup&Restore menu so you can easily revert back in case of any problems
4) Use menu: install zip from sd card / choose zip from sd card, browse for ZIP file and confirm to flash (no wipes needed)
Credits go to KonstaT, burstlam, tilal6991, TomG
Edited by C3C0, 10 January 2013 - 02:10 PM.