292 replies to this topic

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Well... you don't need to freeze bt services. It's enough when you keep it off.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4
like I mentioned on the cfx thread anything I don't use gets frozen out, just trying to get clarity to why other people have heavy drain, I like problems:lol: :D

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate
Hi all, just thought I mention a bug I have found with this kernel, most times it occurs when I do fresh boot/reboot, the screen flickers violently ( however I couldn't get screenshots as the tool doesn't capture the flicker for some strange reason ), it sometimes violently start flickering when I use certain apps ( but I can't remember which )... Was just wondering whether others are experiencing this aswell?... After quite some time the flicker starts to disapear and all is okay, but unsure if this flicker will reappear... If and when I get time tomorrow evening or at the weekend I try to get a video ( although might not be great quality but try my best ) uploaded to show what I mean...

Okay folks night night, off to sleep for work @5am D:

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Related probably to new KGSL. I am experiencing the same behavior also on original tilal's kernel.
For me it happens quite rarely. Not often.
I couldn't find any connection what's starting it. Looks to happen randomly.

Edited by C3C0, 26 April 2012 - 08:34 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

Coffer52

Coffer52

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300, Jiayu g3
Hi, C3C0 can you give me a link for the S2 kernal for non CM ROMs please?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I don't have a generic one. It is part of skatie. You can get the boot.img via kitchen but it'll have skatie logo showing at boot. You could ask dev of your rom to make a new boot for you . What rom are you using?

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Related probably to new KGSL. I am experiencing the same behavior also on original tilal's kernel.
For me it happens quite rarely. Not often.
I couldn't find any connection what's starting it. Looks to happen randomly.

Same here!... I flashed my nandroid backup I did last night before flashing your S3 kernel and the screen starting doing the same flickering, except now its subsided and now back to normal... I occasionally sometimes get the slight flicker bit not as bad as when I had your S3 kernel on this handset though!... Could it be something to do with the adreno 2xx drivers that tilal implemented in the latest CFX?

Anyways, hope the cause can be explained soon...

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

snarkavenger

snarkavenger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Magic! I haven't had any of the problems anyone else experienced and battery life is amazing. I'm using Ice Armor III ROM, I backed up, flashed the kernal, charged and calibrated the battery on Wednesday. I charged the phone Thursday morning, made my usual number of calls, medium internet usage it's now been 1D 3H + on battery with 40% remaining with Display taking 29% and WIFI and Browser another 43% between them.

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Life and family :)
  • Devices:Moto G Excite Pro Nexus 7
Groan I have got a real big problem here...

Being a silly muppet I flashed this Kernel over an install of Atomic ICS and now the phone will not boot.

No problem I thought as I held the vol down key and it boots into CWM. However none of the phones keys work even though it boots into CWM.

So I then held the vol up key and booted the phone and I see the charging symbol. However the PC says that the device is not recognised and I can't seem to get the ADB command...

adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader
fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot-windows.exe reboot

...to work as it states device not found.

Please help as I really really need my phone :(

EDIT: Managed to resolve most of the issues as I got the phone to be recognised by changing both the USB cable and USB port being used. Flashed using ADB the recovery image 4.0.1.4 and the phone now boots fine. But that version of CWM will not recognised my backups as they were made with the CWM 5 version, I assume. Off to find that one now....Phew :)

Edited by dibbles, 27 April 2012 - 10:30 AM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Good exercise :) At least you learn something new.

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Life and family :)
  • Devices:Moto G Excite Pro Nexus 7
LOL - it was a hairy moment when I seemed to be thwarted at point.! When I couldn't use ADB I thought that I was stuffed. Anyway all sorted now. I decided to just keep to CWM 4.0.1.4 and install the ROM anew.

Coffer52

Coffer52

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300, Jiayu g3

I don't have a generic one. It is part of skatie. You can get the boot.img via kitchen but it'll have skatie logo showing at boot. You could ask dev of your rom to make a new boot for you . What rom are you using?

Hi, Sorry been out all day I'm using Atomicmod Dolby (ICS) beta 1.
Cheers

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Tillaz already provides S2 kernel for this rom as far as I know. It's basically the same as S3 but it's for non-CM roms.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Magic! I haven't had any of the problems anyone else experienced and battery life is amazing. I'm using Ice Armor III ROM, I backed up, flashed the kernal, charged and calibrated the battery on Wednesday. I charged the phone Thursday morning, made my usual number of calls, medium internet usage it's now been 1D 3H + on battery with 40% remaining with Display taking 29% and WIFI and Browser another 43% between them.

Oh I forgot to mention that I flashed the ICS version of the S3 kernel which I had the flickering screen... I still haven't got round to flashing the S3 kernel filming the bug that is forcing me to stay with Lalit's original CFX kernel ( just feeling ever so lazy atm :P )... I'll try to get round to doing it tomorrow :P

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
As promised my video of this unusual flickering with the screen using the S3 kernel (shown below)... Although the new 28/04 CFX build is also doing this anomaly as well, however this only happened when I restored a backup of 28/04 build on to my handset, just don't understand what is causing this weird bug... :(
Apologise for the crappy recording as I could only find a 6 year old camera to do the recording as none of the other handsets had a camera preview working :P

Edited by trueno2k, 29 April 2012 - 10:50 PM.

carpon

carpon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
Does this one works on Atomicmod - Beta 2 ?

carpon

carpon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
I can't find s2 link anywhere , can you provide me a one

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Already asked before and answered: http://android.modac...60#entry1941648

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Things are so active around this forum that stuff gets too fragmented and makes it hard for noobs to find anything they want to know or download... Even I have to spend a fair few minutes just to find one thing I need to download or clarify or to remind me with something... BUT that's how forums are these days, moderators have enough on their plates with keeping the sites to forum rules and regulation standards...

If you don't have the time to a proper search then just leave to another day else just be patient with searching and you'll eventually find what you want...

2cents done! :P

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4
afternoon, on cfx with the camera hack, now incurring kernel wakelock.

Attached Files

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users