[KERNEL] S series kernel for "all" custom ROMs

Guest C3C0

Guest Qwery Guy

Not sure whether it is kernel or mod related (I'm using your 20/05 build from CFX thread), but entering Airplane Mode reboots the phone. After rebooting, Airplane Mode is on (turning it off doesn't reboot the phone). Had the same with your previous build. Logcat attached.

I/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  124): Routing audio to Speakerphone

I/WindowManager(  207): Lock screen displayed!

D/SurfaceFlinger(  121): Screen about to return, flinger = 0xf918

W/ActivityManager(  207): finishReceiver called but active receiver is different

D/AccelerometerListener(  379): enable(false)

D/PhoneStatusBar(  283): disable: < expand icons alerts ticker system_info BACK HOME recent* CLOCK >

W/InputManagerService(  207): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@410c7a70

D/PhoneStatusBar(  283): disable: < expand icons alerts ticker system_info back* home* recent clock* >

I/dalvikvm(  207): Jit: resizing JitTable from 4096 to 8192

D/PhoneStatusBar(  283): disable: < EXPAND* icons alerts ticker system_info back home recent clock >

E/GTalkService(  346): connectionClosed: no XMPPConnection - That's strange!

E/GTalkService(  346): connectionClosed: no XMPPConnection - That's strange!

D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine(  207): HotOff process message: 55

D/CommandListener(  118): Clearing all IP addresses on wlan0

D/BluetoothEventLoop(  207): Property Changed: UUIDs : 10

E/BluetoothService.cpp(  207): setBluetoothTetheringNative false

D/ConnectivityService(  207): ConnectivityChange for WIFI: DISCONNECTED/DISCONNECTED

I/wpa_supplicant( 1381): wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING 

D/BluetoothEventLoop(  207): Property Changed: UUIDs : 9

D/BluetoothEventLoop(  207): Property Changed: UUIDs : 8

D/BluetoothEventLoop(  207): Property Changed: UUIDs : 7

D/BluetoothEventLoop(  207): Property Changed: UUIDs : 6

D/BluetoothEventLoop(  207): Property Changed: UUIDs : 5

D/ConnectivityService(  207): Attempting to switch to mobile

E/ConnectivityService(  207): Exception trying to remove a route: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to communicate with native dameon to add routes - com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnectorException: Cmd {interface route remove wlan0 default 10.16.248.1 32 0.0.0.0} failed with code 400 : {Failed to remove route from default table (No such process)}

E/ConnectivityService(  207): Exception trying to remove a route: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to communicate with native dameon to add routes - com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnectorException: Cmd {interface route remove wlan0 default 0.0.0.0 0 10.16.248.1} failed with code 400 : {Failed to remove route from default table (No such process)}

D/NetUtils(  207): android_net_utils_resetConnections in env=0x22ed58 clazz=0xda900001 iface=wlan0 mask=0x3

D/ConnectivityService(  207): resetConnections(wlan0, 3)

D/ConnectivityService(  207): ConnectivityChange for WIFI: DISCONNECTED/DISCONNECTED

D/NetUtils(  207): android_net_utils_resetConnections in env=0x22ed58 clazz=0xdc900001 iface=wlan0 mask=0x3

D/ConnectivityService(  207): Attempting to switch to mobile

D/ConnectivityService(  207): resetConnections(wlan0, 3)

I/bluedroid(  207): Stopping bluetoothd deamon

W/InputManagerService(  207): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@410d6030

D/PhoneStatusBar(  283): disable: < expand* icons alerts ticker system_info back home recent clock >

W/Netd    (  118): No subsystem found in netlink event

D/NetlinkEvent(  118): Unexpected netlink message. type=0x11

Guest xr529
First post updated. Link to new ICS kernel that fixes the airplane mode reboot.

I also had that problem, so I've installed the update (while airplane mode connected). Now I don't have wifi. Is it the same version both links?

I'm running CM9. Thanks!

Edited by xr529

Guest xr529

I mean, the mirror and the google link.

EDIT: It doesn't matter, same result: I don't have wifi, can't connect it.

wLb1k.png

EDIT: Backup restored and kernel reinstaled. It seems ok.

Edited by xr529

Guest Redstarr1

Anyone tried S3-kernel with tilal's latest CM9 build yet? (26-05)

Might do it myself, but first checking the build as is, other kernel perhaps tomorrow.

Guest CavemanJames

Anyone tried S3-kernel with tilal's latest CM9 build yet? (26-05)

Might do it myself, but first checking the build as is, other kernel perhaps tomorrow.

I installed it after seeing the kernel that came with it doesn't put the phone into deep sleep mode. It works fine and everything seems to be working just fine. Even deep sleep is working okay :)

Guest Redstarr1

I installed it after seeing the kernel that came with it doesn't put the phone into deep sleep mode. It works fine and everything seems to be working just fine. Even deep sleep is working okay :)

Are you sure about deep sleep not working? My battery drain on the original kernel is not that excessive.. But if everything works with S3 kernel I'll just flash that.

Guest CavemanJames

Are you sure about deep sleep not working? My battery drain on the original kernel is not that excessive.. But if everything works with S3 kernel I'll just flash that.

Yeah. I installed the rom and then left it for about 6 hours. I then checked CPU Spy and Deep Sleep wasn't used, but 122MHz had the longest usage. I flashed S3, went to sleep, woke up and checked CPU Spy and it had been in deep sleep the whole time I was sleeping.

Guest Redstarr1

Yeah. I installed the rom and then left it for about 6 hours. I then checked CPU Spy and Deep Sleep wasn't used, but 122MHz had the longest usage. I flashed S3, went to sleep, woke up and checked CPU Spy and it had been in deep sleep the whole time I was sleeping.

Thanks couldn't check that without leaving my phone alone for a long time and that's not possible during the day :-p.

Guest droidbittin

I mean, the mirror and the google link.

EDIT: It doesn't matter, same result: I don't have wifi, can't connect it.

wLb1k.png

EDIT: Backup restored and kernel reinstaled. It seems ok.

yea had that wlan problem also so iam on tilals stock kernel for now :D

Guest SingleWolf

sui785

Does the current Kernel also work with the newest ColdFusionX build(31/05)?

Yes, it works, at least for me ;) - no any problem for 2 days runtime.

C3C0

Ceco, will you continue build your version of Lalit's CFX? In my opinion your 20/05 build runs smoother and even bit faster (~100-120 extra AnTuTu marks) than original CFX patched with your S3 kernel.

Edited by SingleWolf

Guest jtharmor

New update in the first post - S3 for CM7 ROMs with volume boost hack.

Read the first post for more info.

Thnks matie........i had been avoiding CM ROMs for this reason and many others are avoiding too.......this should give new life to CM ROMs.....gr8 work

I had shared one liner change in build.prop which increased volume steps to 100 and hence had given better in call volume........is this the same hack ?

Cant find latest link on first page........ :blink:

Edited by jtharmor