sui785

sui785

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade II, 2x
  • Twitter:@silent785
Does the current Kernel also work with the newest ColdFusionX build(31/05)?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
I personally can't see a reason why it shouldn't. But everything is possible so Backup to be on a safe side.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

SingleWolf

SingleWolf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Devices:THL T100s
sui785

Does the current Kernel also work with the newest ColdFusionX build(31/05)?

Yes, it works, at least for me ;) - no any problem for 2 days runtime.

C3C0
Ceco, will you continue build your version of Lalit's CFX? In my opinion your 20/05 build runs smoother and even bit faster (~100-120 extra AnTuTu marks) than original CFX patched with your S3 kernel.

Edited by SingleWolf, 03 June 2012 - 12:06 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
New update in the first post - S3 for CM7 ROMs with volume boost hack.
Read the first post for more info.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Stake

Thnks matie........i had been avoiding CM ROMs for this reason and many others are avoiding too.......this should give new life to CM ROMs.....gr8 work

I had shared one liner change in build.prop which increased volume steps to 100 and hence had given better in call volume........is this the same hack ?

Cant find latest link on first page........ :blink:

Edited by jtharmor, 05 June 2012 - 02:08 PM.

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

First page has old file or what ?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
?? First post contains info on 05/06 update. Together with the latest link.

Edit: yeah and it applies only to cm7. There's no new version for CFx.I think Cfx sound is OK and doesn't need any hacks.

Edited by C3C0, 05 June 2012 - 04:15 PM.

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Would it be possible to create an AOSP kernel similar to this to improve battery life? I get 4-5 hours very heavy usage and 10-12 on light-heavy usage

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

?? First post contains info on 05/06 update. Together with the latest link.
Edit: yeah and it applies only to cm7. There's no new version for CFx.I think Cfx sound is OK and doesn't need any hacks.

Nopes i dont agree..........CM9 has same sound problems.......its very low compared to stock.............anyways i know how to fix it........ :)n

Following line to be added in sys/bind.prop

ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=100

Edited by jtharmor, 05 June 2012 - 04:40 PM.

gavin.19

gavin.19

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate/Y300/Moto G

Following line to be added in sys/bind.prop

ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=100

I think you meant ~/system/build.prop

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
This is a setting to set the number of steps of volume for in-call. This means how many times you must press the volume+ button to get from min to Max volume. I haven't tried to set it this high because it makes no sense since it doesn't affect the volume. Well if it does for you then it's either placebo or some bug that makes some kind of overflow resulting in more volume...

Edited by C3C0, 05 June 2012 - 05:41 PM.

siddis

siddis

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Nice job, C3CO friend, thanks... Bueno trabajo Amigo...

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Thanks.
Well, I am not satisfied at all :) I will continue in investigation to improve it even more. It's that distortion in high volume I don't like.
But anyway I think it's a bit better than it was before.
Regarding music... I'd like to share my DSP settings that work best for me on Koss porta pro headphones with this new kernel.
compression off, bass boost off, equalizer on (rock preset), loudness compensation: strong or strongest - depends on the particular music.

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
Paid app volume+ increases volume by the method i gave.....maybe you dont understand and call it a bug.......

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
No. ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=100
definitely just sets the number of volume steps to 100. So to get from min volume to max volume you have to press
the Vol+ button 100-times. It doesn't effect the overall level of volume in any way.
Trust me.

Volume+ app uses other methods of boosting sound. It uses the same technique as DSP Manager.

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
Lol...use app first then give this silly comments. Behave like a developer as you claim to be one.....it clearly takes backup of bind.prop and adds this line ....and this works on cm9 which has painfully low sound....

Tilal has also said he will fix sound in next release....

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

I think you meant ~/system/build.prop

Yep...in call volume will be far better and no distortion also....when u set volume to max during call....

Add this line at end and reboot once

Edited by jtharmor, 06 June 2012 - 09:31 AM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Lol...use app first then give this silly comments. Behave like a developer as you claim to be one.....it clearly takes backup of bind.prop and adds this line ....and this works on cm9 which has painfully low sound....

Tilal has also said he will fix sound in next release....

I am talking about sound enhacements in CM7. The build.prop tweak in this case is useless. It does what it was designed to and the name of the variable speaks for itself.
CALL_VOL_STEPS... So once again. This defines how many steps of volume adsjustments you have between min and max. Hawgh.
And.. Can you show me where I claimed to be a developer? As far as I know I am treated as an addict if you look to the left.

I am also pretty confident that if you remove this line from build.prop (without uninstalling volume+) you won't notice any difference in sound levels.

Edited by C3C0, 06 June 2012 - 11:00 AM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Would it be possible to create an AOSP kernel similar to this to improve battery life? I get 4-5 hours very heavy usage and 10-12 on light-heavy usage

What system exactly are you thinking of?

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
AOSPFX if possible please

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users