Capacitive button 'back-lights'..........

Guest seefman

Guest Dazzozo

Whatever - you know what I mean......

Would probably require some framework modding. That's the way the lights are adjusted on the Vivacity so it wouldn't surprise me.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Aren't the light controlled by the light sensor? So they only really come on if you're in a dark enough place, in daylight I'm sure they don't show cos they're not needed.

Guest irishpancake

Aren't the light controlled by the light sensor? So they only really come on if you're in a dark enough place, in daylight I'm sure they don't show cos they're not needed.

Yeah, correct...see me and fr0do here, in the TMV F& C thread....here

I flashed a framework from fibblesans earlier ROM, but it phucked up some Notification and other Icon stuff, but, it solved the back-light problem...

perhaps it could be looked at by someone who knows more than me!!!!

it would really help, as I have said before, my wife has a sight disability, and the lack of back-lit Android buttons most of the time is really quite a drawback, to this otherwise nearly perfect ROM

Guest raverrr

I flashed a framework from fibblesans earlier ROM, but it phucked up some Notification and other Icon stuff, but, it solved the back-light problem...

it would really help, as I have said before, my wife has a sight disability, and the lack of back-lit Android buttons most of the time is really quite a drawback, to this otherwise nearly perfect ROM

There is a mod worth trying on xda witch forces leds to stay on when screen is on. I will link it later when I'm home.

Guest seefman

There is a mod worth trying on xda witch forces leds to stay on when screen is on. I will link it later when I'm home.

How do you turn them OFF though?!

Guest irishpancake

How do you turn them OFF though?!

Sorry seefman....just saw you OP is about turning off back-lights on Crescent SFII

Apologies if I hi-jacked your thread.....laugh.gif

Guest raverrr

(Running the (brilliant) F&C6 on SFII)

Is there any way to turn off the backlights behind the capacitive buttons?

app called screen filter might allow you to disable them

Guest raverrr

Check this out could help :) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=917441

Guest irishpancake

Check this out could help :) http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=917441

Put's a widget on the home screen allows you to turn on/off widget "bulb" but Capacitive Android Lights/Buttons don't change....

App description says Samsung Galaxy line of phones......

This is a simple little app for the Samsung Galaxy line of phones. It will not work for the Galaxy Tablet, as this is very hardware specific. E-mail me if it doesn't work for your Galaxy S phone, I'd like to make it work for everyone. REQUIRES root access.

I rebooted also after install...but no dice...no back-lights, stay stubbornly off.....

but that framework flash from fr0do did work earlier, except for all the changes it did to icons, etc.....

the light sensor was much more responsive to lower ambient light....

not just complete darkness, or covering the sensor with your hand.....

if only that could be incorporated into this ROM, without breaking the theme....

fr0do's post

Guest fr0do

There's a setting page in Cyanogen Mod 7 to turn the button lights off and on at set brightness levels, including always off or always on. So it is possible.

I always found those lights behind the physical buttons a complete waste too.

Guest irishpancake

Er.... a constructive answer might be helpful?

Ehhh!! not a good idea to pee off the Dev!!! Especially one who has produced such a useful ROM as F&C....

ya know......a little levity, and a sense of humour helps huh.gif

Guest seefman

Ehhh!! not a good idea to pee off the Dev!!! Especially one who has produced such a useful ROM as F&C....

ya know......a little levity, and a sense of humour helps huh.gif

Thanks to FRODO (see above) for the helpful advice....

:rolleyes: