ClockworkMod Recovery for Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Here we go, this is *MY* customized build of Koush's ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.1.5 for the Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300.

I have tested it as much as I can, but I'm always open to any more constructive feedback.

[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300

Note this is a Customized version, that will handle the 2 extra partitions Huawei use this means backups made with this version will only be partly compatible with vanilla versions of Clockwork Mod Recovery.

The Device Config to build Clockwork Mod Recovery as part of CyanogenMod can be found on my GitHub.

And the source code for this fork of ClockWork Mod Recovery can also be found on my GitHub.

Guest Sebastian404

Well... the USB mounting should work now, but.. erm, I uploaded the wrong file...

if you want to download it again now, it will work :) or it did for me at any rate :)

Guest dt_matthews

hi dudes,

I flashed the custom cwm img successfully but when I go in to it and hit any of the menus, I just get the cwm logo, and have to hit the power button to get back to the main cwm menu.

Any advice please as I really want to flash your rom seb? :)

Thanks for all your work as ever.

Guest dt_matthews

Are you pressing power button to select?! Cos that doesn't work you use the home button.

yes, selecting (home button) any menu brings up the cwm logo, and only hitting power can get me back to the main menu, any thoughts?

Guest dt_matthews

yes, selecting (home button) any menu brings up the cwm logo, and only hitting power can get me back to the main menu, any thoughts?

kill me now. fml - what a muppet i am. working fine [dan punches himself in the face] thanks frankish ;)

Guest FlatPackPete

It works great so farsmile.gif, the only thing I have noticed is the progress bar does not move while backing up the system to the SD card.

Guest Sebastian404

sessh.. it says 'Use vol keys to highlight and home to select.' at the top :)

the settings & power button toggles the menu on/off, it lets you see the log of your actions, if you install a rom or something you can see the full screen that way rather than the X number of lines at the bottom.

Guest Davidoff59

I am getting E: signature verification failed when trying to install the update zip. Any ideas or does it need to be unzipped to an image file and put on the root of the SD card.?

Guest Davidoff59

anyone? I did a Google search about install custom image and most that state install custom image are downloading the image straight from cwm so it's a supported recovery where as this is not.

I am rooted with Paul's instructions. Any help appreciated.

Guest mramonks

anyone? I did a Google search about install custom image and most that state install custom image are downloading the image straight from cwm so it's a supported recovery where as this is not.

I am rooted with Paul's instructions. Any help appreciated.

You need to flash the recovery through adb as written in the instruction. You can't flash it through the stock recovery

Guest Davidoff59

Thanks again mramonks. I managed to get it installed. My first attempt at adb and it was a bit scary to be honest.

Also thanks for the concise instructions sebastian404, didnt make much sense until I got stuck in. Makes perfect sense when you have the tools on the screen in front of you. Thank you very much.

Guest feckineejit

I think i've got the clockwork installed now, when i go into it, it says CWM -based recovery v4.0.1.5 but when i try to accept any of the options like backup etc, it just sits on the picture of the hat, if i go down the list and click an option etc: "install zip from sdcard" it just pops up the hat and sits there doesnt go into sdcard, if i push power button it goes back to the options. i need to pull battery as well for "reboot system now" as the power button does not restart it. anyone know what ive done wrong

Edited by feckineejit

Guest feckineejit

Home button to select, not power button.

Cheers Davidoff59, sorted that thanks, just one other thing, i need to pull battery then replace battery, hold vol+ and power everytime so i can get into cwm is that what everyone else has to? never had to pull battery in SF

Edited by feckineejit

Guest Davidoff59

you can select reboot into recovery if you have rom manager installed. Rom manager and clockworkmod recovery go together like fish and chips, beer and kebabs and planes and wings. All made for each other.

Guest feckineejit

you can select reboot into recovery if you have rom manager installed. Rom manager and clockworkmod recovery go together like fish and chips, beer and kebabs and planes and wings. All made for each other.

Cheers Davidoff59 :) that one problem sorted, will have to try sort out my adb tomorrow, just out of curiosity, do i need to put a custom rom on my phone for me to be able to use adb to copy/remove files from my phone, or can that be done with stock rom installed?

Guest Davidoff59

titanium backup or Rom Toolbox can copy, move and remove apps and files.

You used adb to push CWM recovery image so yes it works with stock rom.