ClockworkMod Recovery for Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300

Guest Sebastian404

can somone please tell me whats the easiet way to download cwm and install it over b936, if you can also provide me with the right download link.

thanks

Don't mean to be rude but if you just spend a little time reading you will find out everything you need to know plus save yourself trouble in the future.start at the "stickies"

Good luck

yaqh, it's better all round if you read the guide for 5 year olds and follow it. (I'm not going to tell you where it is. It's surprisingly easy to find) You can't just make dozens of posts asking for your hand to be held every step of the way, especially when there are such good guides posted. Imagine if all newbies did this. The forum would be in a right state.

It install great and looks great, but when doing a backup it hung after backing up cache..left it ages but nothing happened. So pulled battery

I reflashed the 4.0 version and all working again. I love the option of installing from internal though :-)

I have the same problem I think; mine has been 'generating md5 sum' for about 20mins now. Looks like a battery pull and back to v4. Shame as the new features looked useful.

Edit: I battery pulled and I thought I'd give it another go before removing it but again no luck; it took 7 minutes to get to the 'backing up cache' and it has been stuck at that stage now for 15 minutes. The important thing about a recovery is that it must be stable but sadly at the moment this 5.0.2.8 version doesn't appear to be. Back to v4. :(

Edit2: Back to Seb's v4 now and the backup completed without issue.

If you need any further info or need anything testing please let me know.

Edited by Cyda

Guest Longtail

Cyda

Strange that you're having problems with v5.0.2.8. I flashed it when Kra1o5 released it some time ago and have had no problems at all with it. Done multiple backups/restores as I've been testing out the roms that have appeared. Didn't bother with v6 as there appeared to be some problems with the touchscreen buttons.

FWIW I'm on Infusion B05 (had the 'no room issue' on B06) having used b926 update.app method as per your guide - just what an android novice like me needed.

EDIT: just read other thread - seems I'm still using original version of v5.0.2.8 and not the upgraded version.

Edited by Longtail

Guest Kra1o5

I have the same problem I think; mine has been 'generating md5 sum' for about 20mins now. Looks like a battery pull and back to v4. Shame as the new features looked useful.

Edit: I battery pulled and I thought I'd give it another go before removing it but again no luck; it took 7 minutes to get to the 'backing up cache' and it has been stuck at that stage now for 15 minutes. The important thing about a recovery is that it must be stable but sadly at the moment this 5.0.2.8 version doesn't appear to be. Back to v4.

Edit2: Back to Seb's v4 now and the backup completed without issue.

If you need any further info or need anything testing please let me know.

You use this version: http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2021300 of CWM & its works without problems. I recommended this version because is the most stable.

The problems is with Test version because I enable the internal SD option in recovery & maybe is this the problem.

Try to reinstall & comment here the results.

Greetings

Edited by Kra1o5

You use this version: http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2021300 of CWM & its works without problems. I recommended this version because is the most stable.

The problems is with Test version because I enable the internal SD option in recovery & maybe is this the problem.

Try to reinstall & comment here the results.

Greetings

Does this version backup the internal (/datadata) partition?

Edited by Cyda

Guest dodgerboy

Hi

Firstly, as a newbie to Android and the delights of the Huawei G300, I'd like to say what a fantastic community this is.

I've had my G300 two weeks now and with no experience on Android before, with the help of this site (and largely the ICS like you're 5 guide which is brillant), I have - rooted my phone (I still don't really understand the full benefit of doing these other than - nstalled ClockWorkMod

- upgraded to Favaroooo version of ICS

I don't understand the greater benefits of rooting or CWM yet, I've just followed the custom ROM install guide, hopefully I'll get a better understanding of what I can do with these later.

I couldn't have done any of this stuff without the information provided on here...

http://www.modaco.co...date-root-more/

Secondly, I, like other users on here, have a problem with CWM 4 in that it kicks in if I try and charge the phone when powered off.

It seems I need CWM 5 but all the references to this file on Mediafire return an error message stating the file is deleted (do Mediafire files have a short lifespan or something?)

so...please please could someone provide me with an alternative link to this file where it won't disappear in the next day or so?

Thanks once again to a Happy Huawei owner :)

Guest Kra1o5

Hi

Firstly, as a newbie to Android and the delights of the Huawei G300, I'd like to say what a fantastic community this is.

I've had my G300 two weeks now and with no experience on Android before, with the help of this site (and largely the ICS like you're 5 guide which is brillant), I have - rooted my phone (I still don't really understand the full benefit of doing these other than - nstalled ClockWorkMod

- upgraded to Favaroooo version of ICS

I don't understand the greater benefits of rooting or CWM yet, I've just followed the custom ROM install guide, hopefully I'll get a better understanding of what I can do with these later.

I couldn't have done any of this stuff without the information provided on here...

http://www.modaco.co...date-root-more/

Secondly, I, like other users on here, have a problem with CWM 4 in that it kicks in if I try and charge the phone when powered off.

It seems I need CWM 5 but all the references to this file on Mediafire return an error message stating the file is deleted (do Mediafire files have a short lifespan or something?)

so...please please could someone provide me with an alternative link to this file where it won't disappear in the next day or so?

Thanks once again to a Happy Huawei owner

Here: all online links:

Greetings

Guest hairydog
The trouble is that it seems that the one I should go for is "CWM 5.0.2.8 GB & ICS Final version" but the second link of that is "Fastboot: http://www.mediafire.com/?undefined" Of course that goes nowhere. There are posts that quote that link (possibly an earlier version) but they lead to a 404 error.

Guest Kra1o5

The trouble is that it seems that the one I should go for is "CWM 5.0.2.8 GB & ICS Final version" but the second link of that is "Fastboot: http://www.mediafire.com/?undefined" Of course that goes nowhere. There are posts that quote that link (possibly an earlier version) but they lead to a 404 error.

opss, Now is correct. :P

Greetings

Can you post a cwm zip pls.

You can find the CWM zip at this link: http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2021300

Now. I compiling the final version of CWM 5 for G300.

Uploading later..

Here: http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2021300

Greetings

Just giving this a try now. The backup seemed to work fine, just trying a restore. Looking good. :)

Edit: Backup & restore both worked without issue. Looks like I'll be staying on this new version. Many thanks for all your work on this, Kra1o5.

Edited by Cyda

Guest poliacido

hi guys

sorry for the noob question, but how can i upgrade from my current cwm version (4.x.x.x) to the krato's 5.0.2.8?

do i have just to download the zip and then flash it from my cwm menu and then reboot?

thanks, but i prefer to ask before making any mistake :)

Guest poliacido

Yes mate then reboot recovery

thanks a lot

my bad, i missed the post from kratos few pages back exlpaining how to upgrade... i saw it just now ;)

Edited by poliacido

Had a problem deleting dalvik cache with latest version. Phone just hung. Same happened on full wipe, I presume at this point. Maybe a problem on my phone but just mentioning it.

Had a problem deleting dalvik cache with latest version. Phone just hung. Same happened on full wipe, I presume at this point. Maybe a problem on my phone but just mentioning it.

Reflash CWM. Sorry Im busy with CWM 6.0.1.4

Greetings