ClockworkMod Recovery for Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300

Guest Sebastian404

Guest wards5150

Hi all, Noob question here. I have rooted and installed cwm all ok. 3e version.When i boot into cwm i have no option to back up. Am i running the wrong cwm? I would like to back up the 936 uk update i am running before i start trying custom roms and would be very grateful for any help.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest flixblixclix

Hi friends,

kindly let me know whether the clockworkmod recovery posted here(latest 4.0.1.5) http://android.podtwo.com/recovery.php?device=hwu8815

works with official stock Gingerbread Rom.

i have rooted my phone with the guide of "PauloBrien" and i have the recovery , and i have only five option,

1. reboot system now

2.apply update from sd card

3.wipe data/factory reset

4.wipe cache partition

5. touchscreen firmware update

My main question is, will the above recovey package works fine and if so, will it provide me an option

to backup/Restore my stock rom(nandroid backup), so that i could come back to my stock GB anytime. pls help guys.....

• 4 weeks later...

can anyone help me please is an ugercy!! my ascend g300 dont launch....when i press the power botton gets stuck on huawei logo.....maybe because ive tryed restore the 2.3.6 rom with cmw backup and while its was recovering the phone shuts down and when i tried to launch gets stuck...i dont know what to do

• 4 weeks later...
Guest simongr

Sorry for my english

I'm italian

just a question...I have b944 rom.

i have also cmw installed so that's my question:

can I restore a custom rom (even if older) or I can brick my phone?

do I have to backup IMEI every custom rom I restore or I can try any rom easily?

thank you for any reply!

Edited by simongr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest aleksamaki

Hi friends,

kindly let me know whether the clockworkmod recovery posted here(latest 4.0.1.5) http://android.podtw...?device=hwu8815

works with official stock Gingerbread Rom.

i have rooted my phone with the guide of "PauloBrien" and i have the recovery , and i have only five option,

1. reboot system now

2.apply update from sd card

3.wipe data/factory reset

4.wipe cache partition

5. touchscreen firmware update

My main question is, will the above recovey package works fine and if so, will it provide me an option

to backup/Restore my stock rom(nandroid backup), so that i could come back to my stock GB anytime. pls help guys.....

HI, I have the same question. Can anybody answer it, please.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JohnnyZTE

Hi,

I'm torn between this and the Blade III, Amazon are selling a Vodafone G300 for £100, just was wondering does rooting by his method also unlock the phone? or is that the ROM that unlocks it? :/

And thanks for all the hard work.

Guest dalyer

To unlock the phone from, say, Vodafone you need a separate step. There is a (what looks pretty complicated and maybe risky) free way outlined in a thread here. But personally I'd shell out the few bucks to buy an unlock code and do it that way. I bought mine (for a number of handsets) from a (former?) ebay seller called korter_gsm who is still operating either there or elsewhere on the web. There are probably other sources too. Think mine cost about €5 last September.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest george109

Hi, I have read the post, and I am not sure if I should use 5.0.2.8 GB and ICS, 6.0.1.2 for GB or 6.0.1.2 for ICS, as I have CM10.1 (Jelly Bean) Will using an ICS or GB version affect anything? I am currently using 4.0.1.5 and I am sick of the charging problem!

Edited by george109

• 1 month later...
Guest derei

Please help me to choose the right file to download.

I want to install B888 from here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/353814-modaco-custom-rom-gr2-for-the-huawei-u8815-g300-b888-new-partitionswap/ and it requires this CM mod, but I can't decide which file is the one I need.

See here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/353814-modaco-custom-rom-gr2-for-the-huawei-u8815-g300-b888-new-partitionswap/page__st__160#entry2125616

Thank you very much. I am sorry if this post may be treated as duplicate, but I wasn't sure where to post it (as it's about ROM and CM)

• 5 months later...
Guest sulspec

i flashed your recovery everything went well
now i cant boot in to stock rom
every time i press power button the recovery boots i tired flashing  (blue one) 6.0.4.0 still i cant boot in to the rom
im just stuck at recovery ipulled out the battery then again pressed power button it boots in to recovery
i tried reboot system option in recovery still it boots in to recovery
i cant install twrp as i cannot boot in to fastboot mode
i tried restoring the stock backed up rom still no luck
pls help me 
thanks in advance.
phone- huawei u8815
stock ics 4.0.3 baseband 2030
bought in Dubai (sim locked)