ClockworkMod Recovery for Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300

Guest Sebastian404

Guest pelago

Yes, this fix depends on the standard system libs. & probably only work in Stock Roms.

I dont know on wich libs depends the charge animation and if these are not found in other ROMS.

Maybe this is a Fix for Stock Roms or based on stock only.

Grettings

This dependency on a system partition worries me a little. I feel that CWM should work as standalone as possible. Can the animation code be copied (or legally rewritten) into the recovery partition?

Does this new version always mount the system partition, or only mount it when attempting to display the charging animation? I suppose if it only mounts it in certain situations that isn't so bad, as at least CWM would be standalone when you needed to recover.

Guest Kra1o5

This dependency on a system partition worries me a little. I feel that CWM should work as standalone as possible. Can the animation code be copied (or legally rewritten) into the recovery partition?

Does this new version always mount the system partition, or only mount it when attempting to display the charging animation? I suppose if it only mounts it in certain situations that isn't so bad, as at least CWM would be standalone when you needed to recover.

Animation and charge file are copied into the recovery ram-disk.

This fix is based on the code of postrecoveryboot.sh:

http://www.android-h...v6-0-1-0-a.html

Only when it detects that the USB is connected.

Greetings

Edited by Kra1o5

Guest Kra1o5

Is that for a different phone? Or can the .img be installed the same way I installed other CWM on my g300?

Is for different phone.

Ideos x3

But the fix worked on the G300 with minor modifications. But in G300 this fix only work on CWM 5 & 4 versions

Did not work on CWM 6 versions.

Not flash! with recovery.img of this url. Is for a different phone.

Greetings

Edited by Kra1o5

Guest Smiff2

for ubuntu/mint use:

(put .img in same dir as the superrecovery files)

sudo ./fastboot-linux flash recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5s-hwu8815.img

sudo ./fastboot-linux reboot

is it actually necessary to flash superrecovery first or is that a waste of time?

er wait sorry cwm doesn't root it? so do both.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Kra1o5

for ubuntu/mint use:

(put .img in same dir as the superrecovery files)

sudo ./fastboot-linux flash recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5s-hwu8815.img

sudo ./fastboot-linux reboot

is it actually necessary to flash superrecovery first or is that a waste of time?

er wait sorry cwm doesn't root it? so do both.

Not if you only install CWM.

In recovery apply this zip: http://www.mediafire...2u02ovas4hs6g70

Greetings

Edited by Kra1o5

Guest Rico_89

Ok, here:

CWM 5.0.2.8 Rev.3:

Fastboot: http://www.mediafire...9kw4p9sc7z5jc9w

Zip: http://www.mediafire...5k3dj55jjav37bs

Greetings

I have a few questions that might be pretty stupid so strap yourselves in :mellow: . Sorry.

1. I have CWM 4. installed via the easy install method, so if I wanted to update it, to CWM 5, using the "Zip" file above, would I just flash that in clock work while in recovery mode?

2. Also the "Fastboot" download above; would you install that the same way you would in the Easy install method?

3, Last one. Are there any issues trying to restore nandroid back ups made under older versions of clock work mod?

Thanks for any info.

Guest Kra1o5

I have a few questions that might be pretty stupid so strap yourselves in :mellow: . Sorry.

1. I have CWM 4. installed via the easy install method, so if I wanted to update it, to CWM 5, using the "Zip" file above, would I just flash that in clock work while in recovery mode?

2. Also the "Fastboot" download above; would you install that the same way you would in the Easy install method?

3, Last one. Are there any issues trying to restore nandroid back ups made under older versions of clock work mod?

Thanks for any info.

Yes, you can use both method to upgrade to CWM 5.

For the backup of old version i dont know if this works on CWM 5.

But you can try if not work easy to return CWM 4.

Greetings

Guest Rico_89

Yes, you can use both method to upgrade to CWM 5.

For the backup of old version i dont know if this works on CWM 5.

But you can try if not work easy to return CWM 4.

Greetings

Thanks a lot. :)

Guest Rico_89

I wanted to test this so I recovered a nandroid backup I made under Clockwork 4., using CWM 5., and it's working perfectly, so I can confirm that you can recover your CWM 4 backups while using CWM 5. Well it worked for me anyway.

Thanks again Kra1o5. :)

I should say that for the first time since upgrading to ICS I can now turn my phone off and charge it without booting into recovery. Also I like the fact that you don't just see the title of what is being backed up/recovered but also the files, so you're never looking a screen doing nothing.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Smiff2

I should say that for the first time since upgrading to ICS I can now turn my phone off and charge it without booting into recovery. Also I like the fact that you don't just see the title of what is being backed up/recovered but also the files, so you're never looking a screen doing nothing.

right.. i'm going to CWM5 immediately, this is really important for ordinary users! thanks

edit: confrming CWM-5.0.2.8-u8815-rev.3-update-signed.zip

powers into the stock charge mode after phone is off and you insert cable, excellent, thanks to whoever figured this out!

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Rico_89

right.. i'm going to CWM5 immediately, this is really important for ordinary users! thanks

edit: sorry can you confirm which file exactly, and it's ok for older 2.3.6 roms also?

I can only say for ICS because that is what I'm running but if you're running CWM4, right now, then just use the file labelled ZIP here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/353528-clockworkmod-recovery-for-huawei-u8815ascend-g-300/page__st__120#entry2000777 and flash it in Clockwork.

Guest Smiff2

yep sorry, 5028rev3 does work with older roms, AND it does fix the charge mode/restart issue that sometimes put users into CWM by accident, great stuff!

this was the main issue that put me off rooting/modding/whatever g300s for ordinary users, they'd let the phone run down, end up in cwm, panic, possibly trash the system.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Kra1o5

capacitive buttons is working or not?

Not for now I not able to fix this.

Greetings

Has this got battery fix

In CWM6 the fix of the battery not work :/

Greetings

Guest Rico_89

i followed the steps and it didnt work can some one send me a link to the files i need

You might want to try the easy install method here: http://www.modaco.co...-and-i-cant-do/

...... and if you use the file below, instead of the one provided from the easy method, then you'll get CMW 5 instead of 4.

CWM 5.0.2.8 Rev.3:

Fastboot: http://www.mediafire...9kw4p9sc7z5jc9w

Edited by Rico_89