*Disclaimer: Please don't expect me personally to answer questions and solve problems with this rom. I don't use this rom. I haven't even installed the latest version. But please leave questions and report problems so that someone else who is using this rom can possibly help you.
Credits: This is a modification of the CM7.2 port that Pier did for the Huawei U8220/8230. All credit goes to him and the others who helped create a working CM7 port. I only modified that port similar to the way I modify other roms to work more like I want them to for my own use. If you find this rom useful, enjoy.
Changelog: See the second post for the changelog.
- The MAC address is not correct, but can be fixed. See the second post for the fix.
- Both cameras work. However, you will need to set up GScriptLite (included in the rom) in order to switch between the two. See the second post for details on how to do this.
- See the second post for ideas on how to solve the SMS bug. (SMS bug is not specific to this rom; it happens in lots of roms.)
This is a beta rom, so there might be other bugs that come to light. Please report any problems you experience. I probably can't fix it, but there are some really smart guys around here who maybe can.
Pre-installation requirements. (This is important, so read all of this!)
(For a more complete "how-to" on the points below please refer to The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide.)
- This ROM has been created for the Huawei U8220/U8230.
- U8220/Pulse users who are installing the Onyx rom must first update to a Huawei official update with a large enough /system partition. I recommend the TRE update but you can also use the CHT8000 update, or the Hungarian update.
- U8230 and U8220-6 users should not flash the official U8220 updates mentioned above; install this rom over your original U8230 or U8220-6 2.1 rom.
- You must have Clockwork Recovery installed (not AmonRA) in order to install this rom. Incidentally, I'm using CW Recovery 18.104.22.168; apparently, CW Recovery v.22.214.171.124 does not work correctly. Later versions of CW Recovery might work, but I haven't tested any.
- In order for DT Apps2SD and swap to work properly, you must format your SD card properly before you install this rom. (I have a 8gb class 10 card with 256mb ext2 partition for a2sd and a 32mb Linux swap partition; the rest formatted to fat32.) However, the rom will work fine without doing that, you just won't have that added functionality. You can enable the built-in app moving if you prefer.
Onyx-20120422a.zip (the rom)
DT Apps2SD 126.96.36.199 (Dark Tremor Apps2SD can be flashed immediately after the full rom if you wish)
Arabic support patch (optional for those wanting Arabic support)
Chinese IME support (HanvonCalla handwriting IME and two Chinese language packs for TouchPal; flashable zip can be flashed at any time; all files are installed to /system, so make sure you have enough space)
HanvonCalla Chinese handwriting (Chinese handwriting IME only; flashable zip that installs to /system)
Touchpal Chinese language packs (Traditional and Simplified Chinese language packs; unzip the files, copy to SD card, and install as other apps; this is not a flashable zip)
- Copy the "Onyx*.zip" file to your SD card.
- Reboot into Clockwork Recovery (188.8.131.52) by holding down the red end call and menu buttons and pushing the power button.
- "nandroid" then "Backup" (if you skip this step, and you might live to regret it)
- "wipe data/factory reset" and "Yes -- delete all user data"
- "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" then scroll to "Onyx*.zip" and "Yes - Install Onyx*.zip"
- [optional step] "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" then scroll to "dtapp2sd-184.108.40.206-signed.zip" and "Yes - Install dtapp2sd-220.127.116.11-signed.zip"
- "reboot system now"
Edited by twrock, 28 April 2012 - 02:53 AM.