82 replies to this topic

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2S & Huawei G300

have a good day :) ...before to flash rom just listen music carefully and after flash listen same music to hear audio improvements( bass are better)
there is an update to do about busy box in system/xbin...

I just installed (after adding Gmail and updating QuickPic). But I did notice right away that the ADW Launcher version you have in this rom reports itself as ADWLauncherEX. If it is, I believe that is a paid app, and we can't distribute it in the roms we offer here. Have a look and see what you think, but it might not be ok to do that. :(

(Incidentally, I actually have purchased that app in the past, but I don't run it because I thought the extra "bells and whistles" would probably just slow it down. Maybe I thought wrongly. :huh: I'll have to take another look at that.)

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Devices:u8230/u8860

I just installed (after adding Gmail and updating QuickPic). But I did notice right away that the ADW Launcher version you have in this rom reports itself as ADWLauncherEX. If it is, I believe that is a paid app, and we can't distribute it in the roms we offer here. Have a look and see what you think, but it might not be ok to do that. :(

(Incidentally, I actually have purchased that app in the past, but I don't run it because I thought the extra "bells and whistles" would probably just slow it down. Maybe I thought wrongly. :huh: I'll have to take another look at that.)

hi the launcher is effectively a paid app...( i check).at the time i took it i did'nt knew about that... the launcher is coming from the original miui rom from this site http://androidmovida...s-sin-probarla/ ...so ok canno't be distibuted here but the advice can be given i think cos it is very efficient ... what about audio and music? did you notice improvements? i did made some change also in buil.prop...so you know everything now ^_^

Edited by desalesouche, 07 May 2012 - 03:14 PM.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

here is the link for Onyx-fast with beats audio improvements...with a good headphone you should hear difference... this rom has the governors from destructors and cpu is set to 710......for those who can't afford 710 cpu take original boot image from first post from that topic and replace it in zip... set adw launcher like told in miui 2.3.7 mod topic in settings/cmsettings/performance/lock home in memory ...personnaly i use jit on... in settings/display/animation/no animations...

try it and tell me what you think about it http://www.mediafire...2azw054rz2k93vo oh i also add in system/etc/initd/ 10darky_zipalign which is supposed to have improvement and i add zipalign in system/bin/ some tweaks in build.prop..... give feed back please :)
will upload also same version with Sony Bravia Engine (improves sharpness and quality of images and video)
in a while
edit :for me sound is working better on u8230 did the same with huawei honor u8660 and sound there even better... :)

Well, after switching the boot.img so I could boot it, everything went "fine". By that, I mean that it installed a booted. A couple of green screens during the initial setup, but no real problem.

However, after using it for a day with my typical configuration and typical set of apps, I found it still was clearly still slower than Styx (CM6) and burned through battery quite a bit faster. So at least as I have it configured, I find it is still not as satisfying to use as Styx (for me). Of course the boot.img might have a lot to do with that, and other configurations might also show improvement. As always, YMMV.

I didn't even have a real chance to test the sound improvements, so I can't speak to that issue directly. Is the sound file you linked to useable in CM6, or is it only for Gingerbread/CM7?

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

I didn't even have a real chance to test the sound improvements, so I can't speak to that issue directly. Is the sound file you linked to useable in CM6, or is it only for Gingerbread/CM7?

i didn't try...if i remenber well it is for 2.3 and up rom http://lifehacker.co...d-android-phone

"XDA modders RockoDev has turned this into a flashable ZIP file that works on any phone running Gingerbread or a Gingerbread-based ROM."if you follow the link you have explanation and diagram... regards

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

i didn't try...if i remenber well it is for 2.3 and up rom http://lifehacker.co...d-android-phone

"XDA modders RockoDev has turned this into a flashable ZIP file that works on any phone running Gingerbread or a Gingerbread-based ROM."if you follow the link you have explanation and diagram... regards

Thanks for the links. I'll have a look. But the statement that it is for Gingerbread is a bit disheartening.

One more thing. I recently bought a new pair of earphone (the kind that clips over the ears). I specifically looked for and found 8ohm earphone (vs. 16 or 32). I use a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter. The volume is much louder than with other earphones I have used.

omeg@one

omeg@one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Fixes:

MAC Address bug fix: (thanks dr.flo)
After installing the rom, open Terminal Emulator app, type "su" to enter superuser mode, then type this line of code:

echo  1a:2b:3c:4d:5e:6f > /data/misc/wifi/softmac

but use your own MAC address instead of what you see here. Reboot.

hi there!!!

I installed this Rom but I can´t connect to my WIFI network

I already tried to type " echo (my MAC adress) > /data/misc/wifi/softmac " but thr problem remains.

Can anyone help me with this???

Thanks

shutyee

shutyee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i installed it, everything is quite fine, but i havent got market. i downloaded and installed it but i cant set up my gmail so not just only market but syncing and everything else isnt working. it wont connect to gmail server. wifi and mobile network is working. any idea?

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

i installed it, everything is quite fine, but i havent got market. i downloaded and installed it but i cant set up my gmail so not just only market but syncing and everything else isnt working. it wont connect to gmail server. wifi and mobile network is working. any idea?

This rom has the Market and Gmail included. If you have to install those separately, then you must have done something wrong during your initial installation of the rom. If you did something wrong in preparing for the installation, then you can have a large number of problems later.
All I can suggest is that you go back to the first post and read through all of what I posted there. You must follow the instructions precisely, or you will probably have problems. Particularly, you must start with the correct official update, or lots of things will go wrong. Read everything I wrote in the first post.

menferi

menferi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE blade
I was using this ROM for 2 weeks, everything was ok, except the GPS. When I start the navigation app, it looks ok for 2 minutes, then drops the signal, even if I toggle on/off GPS, restart the app, cannot lock the position again. After reboot it's working again for 2 minutes.(A bit tricky to drive like this :D)
For the moment I switched back to Styx, that was flawless for me.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
@ twrock. hi.could you make update of that rom?
saw that there are update for quick pic...and for buxybox.
what do you think about replacing spare parts with spare parts + which is more recent...?
:blush: i know i should be able to do it by myself with all your last explanation about that.
i tried with quickpic but i had a kind of problem with system/bin and system/xbin... with number 72 error
in the last quick pic the libs are under armeabi/libs/ and the second lib under x86 do i have to take both? thx

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
i can see in apk that libs have number 86 and in my system lib after installing update of quickpic that the lib have number 82...

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

@ twrock. hi.could you make update of that rom?
saw that there are update for quick pic...and for buxybox.
what do you think about replacing spare parts with spare parts + which is more recent...?
:blush: i know i should be able to do it by myself with all your last explanation about that.
i tried with quickpic but i had a kind of problem with system/bin and system/xbin... with number 72 error
in the last quick pic the libs are under armeabi/libs/ and the second lib under x86 do i have to take both? thx

I don't understand your "72 error". I don't know why anything is changing with /bin or /xbin. Updating QuickPic should have nothing to do with /bin or /xbin. So I don't get it.

Sorry if what I write below is everything you already know, but I'm not sure what you understand and what you don't.

You want the lib file from /lib/armeabi, not /x86. You need to keep the QuickPic.apk as it is. Don't change anything with the apk itself. Just extract a copy of the lib file. Delete the previous version of QuickPic.apk from the rom you are updating and replace it with the new version. You can rename QuickPic.apk (but no spaces).

When you put that lib file (libqpicjni86.so) into /system/lib of the rom you are trying to update, you should also delete the previous lib file (libqpicjni82.so) because it is just taking up space. You can't rename the lib file, because the app must access it.

Unfortunately it will probably be some time before I will do more work on this rom (or any other). And, as you know from what I said when I modified this rom originally, I'm not highly motivated to work further on this particular one. I prefer Styx, because it is quicker and has better battery life (at least for me in my "real life" use). I don't use it, and I don't have a lot of time at the moment.

However, if it is only a few apps that you want to update, using Titanium Backup Pro it is very easy to do so. You only need to install the update from the Market, and then "integrate" that update into the rom using Titanium. The previous version will be gone, and the new version will survive a complete wipe. Titanium will take care or the necessary lib file as well.

Good luck.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

i can see in apk that libs have number 86 and in my system lib after installing update of quickpic that the lib have number 82...

Again, I'm not even sure what you mean by "after installing update". There are many ways to "install" an updated app. Install from the Market? Install by deleting the previous version in a rom.zip and putting the new version into the rom.zip before installing the rom via Recovery? Install by pushing it into an installed rom with adb? Install by creating a specific installation zip file and using Recovery? I understand you want to end up with the updated app, but I don't know what method you are trying to use to do it.

Edited by twrock, 23 May 2012 - 02:47 PM.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
@t twrock : thx

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Again, I'm not even sure what you mean by "after installing update". There are many ways to "install" an updated app. Install from the Market? Install by deleting the previous version in a rom.zip and putting the new version into the rom.zip before installing the rom via Recovery? Install by pushing it into an installed rom with adb? Install by creating a specific installation zip file and using Recovery? I understand you want to end up with the updated app, but I don't know what method you are trying to use to do it.

i tried one way for now: replacing app in system app and replacing lib in system/lib in your zip of last update.and when i flash rom via cwm i had the error installation avorted.
my guess is that i might have done bad step while extracting the lib from apk.... can't check that now

doc_relax

doc_relax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi everybody,
I´m using this ROM for a few days now and I like it. Especially the ability to set CPU speed is great. I have 2 questions though:
1) Is it possible to get another key layout in that Touchpal keyboard? I tried to install the german language pack via market, but it wasn´t recongnised. (*)
2) I have very heavy battery drain. Battery is new an it lasts about 10 hours. At about 9% power left, the phone turns off (dead). Has anyone tips besides turning off 3G, Wifi and screen brightness?
Greetings from Cologne/Germany

(*) edit: twrock gave me the solution for that: it´s an old version of the touchpal keyboard, so you have to get language packs from somewhere else rather than the market.

Edited by doc_relax, 08 June 2012 - 07:03 PM.

maplesyrup1

maplesyrup1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8110
This may seem like a stupid question, but what is currently working/not working in this rom? :ph34r:

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

This may seem like a stupid question, but what is currently working/not working in this rom? :ph34r:

First have a look at the first post in the section that talks about known bugs. Other than that, I personally think the battery is used too fast in this rom for my liking. Others will need to chime in if there are more known problems. I don't use this rom, so I'm not sure.

alkawther60

alkawther60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:u8230
this version is very good :Onyx-fast with beats audio improvements

but the cam in video record mod dont work

any resolve for this proplem

and how can i change the kernel version without change the rom ?

takeshi85

takeshi85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8230
Can you post any screenshot from this ROM? Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users