twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2S & Huawei G300

Can you post any screenshot from this ROM? Thank you

This rom uses the standard CyanogenMod 7 "look and feel". It uses ADW Launcher and can be themed in Settings. So just look for CM7 screenshots and you will be seeing basically what you can do with this rom.

agus7smth

agus7smth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I've come across a strange problem with both Onyx and Styx, in that the screen won't respond to touches. This does not occur with Tom G's CM6.1. IT also doesn't occur with the .29 Styx. Is there anyway to make the touch screen work?? :ph34r:

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Devices:u8230/u8860
hi all i am going to upload a personal version of onyx with some tweaks and XLOUD+BEATS_AUDIO+ dolby srs integrated ....i will add also a better( i hope) touchscreen sensitivity and better keyboard reactivity...and some more...
edit:testing it once again

Edited by desalesouche, 24 October 2012 - 04:26 PM.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
http://www.mediafire...qqw1feg939fnj9d
here my last mod...of cm7 with huge and great sound...try it.use adw ex instead this one set it to fast...lock it in memory.
will give credits and more explanation soon as i am tired and i have to travel tomorrow for a few days....enjoy it...great sound/better touchscreen sensitivity.and better speed typing.....zipaligned...darcky zipalign feed back please ...if it worth i will open a thread... good flash and good nite all...
edit /replace in system/xbin/openvpn from original rom by twrock...

Edited by desalesouche, 24 October 2012 - 11:40 PM.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
hi all again...lol , less and less people on that forum...
so, just wanted to present you another onyx revisited.../updated and tweaked... this one is fast and smooth....i don't really know about battery but i think i managed to get it working almost 2 days...( have to check this again...) added adrenaline tweak( boost/tm/ some part ofadrenaline engine) https://sites.google...enalinexda/home
what else...a file manager kind of root explorer...
i add androbot 0.1 tweak... by Rio (only this one) :brightness tweak - this will enable the lowest brightness of your device from 100% to 10% i think.. because the normal is until 20% only. so it should use less battery.( if you're on minimum)
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1993362
i add also fuss132 - Touchscreen Sensitivity Mod
uncap fps tweak... and i am looking for some more....here's the link of that rom http://www.mediafire...ssqszcjo2dpyrne
boot.img by destructor...my lost friend....

How to Use Boost?
1) Open terminal emulator
2) Type :

Code:
su
boost

it will free ram...

How To Activate task manager?
1) Open terminal emulator
2) Type :

Code:
su
tm

3/ enter the number of application you want to kill...then enter....

enjoy....

Edited by desalesouche, 29 November 2012 - 09:27 PM.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

here's the link of that rom http://www.mediafire...ssqszcjo2dpyrne

I'll download it and give it a try when I have some free time. Glad to see someone is still working on roms for the U8220/Pulse

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

I'll download it and give it a try when I have some free time. Glad to see someone is still working on roms for the U8220/Pulse

hi.thx for testing when you will have some spare time...may i ask if you're able to make that boot.img from destructor support undervolting?

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

hi.thx for testing when you will have some spare time...may i ask if you're able to make that boot.img from destructor support undervolting?

Not me. I don't have that level of skill. I know how to preset the default speed, but stuff like undervolting is way out of my league.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Not me. I don't have that level of skill. I know how to preset the default speed, but stuff like undervolting is way out of my league.

little tweak to set io schedulers without using an app....so it saves space and ram....

This is to set io scheduler copy this in a file save give it a name(iosched by eg.) and push it in system/etc/init.d give permission and reboot...(but you know already that :)):

#!/system/bin/sh

busybox echo "sio" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

you can change sio for the io scheduler you want....this has been provided by xda but rio dev on samsung galaxy y thread gave me the proper working command..

Edited by desalesouche, 02 December 2012 - 11:27 PM.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

little tweak to set io schedulers without using an app....so it saves space and ram....

This is to set io scheduler copy this in a file save give it a name(iosched by eg.) and push it in system/etc/init.d give permission and reboot...(but you know already that :)):

#!/system/bin/sh

busybox echo "sio" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

you can change sio for the io scheduler you want....this has been provided by xda but rio dev on samsung galaxy y thread gave me the proper working command..

Seriously, I kid you not, I don't know what that means. I don't know how that relates to undervolting.
I was not kidding anyone these last two years when I told you all I was not a programmer. :) I've had to learn everything I know very slowly, and spend a lot of time trying to understand the "lingo".

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Seriously, I kid you not, I don't know what that means. I don't know how that relates to undervolting.
I was not kidding anyone these last two years when I told you all I was not a programmer. :) I've had to learn everything I know very slowly, and spend a lot of time trying to understand the "lingo".

this init.d script is for setting io schedulers. we can set the cpu spedd(overclock it or underclock it---528 mhz to 748) after that we can set governors(ondemand -intercative-etc...) but in cm7 we can not set the io schedulers.. to do that we have to use setcpu or similar....so this init.d script is setting the io scheduler you want...(noop/anticipatory-deadline-cfq-sio-vr)...so this avoid to use setcpu or similar...=so space saved and ram saved
there is also one init.d script in androbot-tweak on samsung galaxy y xda thread that directly set oc/governors/io scheduler...for those who can't do that by system setting....
to change setting , by eg, just change sio for cfq or another scheduler.....
this script is not related to undervolting...sorry for confusing you... :)

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

this init.d script is for setting io schedulers. we can set the cpu spedd(overclock it or underclock it---528 mhz to 748) after that we can set governors(ondemand -intercative-etc...) but in cm7 we can not set the io schedulers.. to do that we have to use setcpu or similar....so this init.d script is setting the io scheduler you want...(noop/anticipatory-deadline-cfq-sio-vr)...so this avoid to use setcpu or similar...=so space saved and ram saved
there is also one init.d script in androbot-tweak on samsung galaxy y xda thread that directly set oc/governors/io scheduler...for those who can't do that by system setting....
to change setting , by eg, just change sio for cfq or another scheduler.....
this script is not related to undervolting...sorry for confusing you... :)

Ok, I understand "some" of that. However, I don't understand the problem with using SetCPU for that. Once SetCPU has made the system adjustments, does it really keep running, taking up ram? I don't know why it would. I had thought it was just changing those setting and that was it. Then the app would be dumped from memory when something else was loaded. How sure are you that SetCPU stays in ram after it is done changing the settings?

I lot of those settings are in the ramdisk of the boot.img. I can't remember which ones are or aren't there, but I know that the min, max, up threshold, sampling rate, and a few other things can be set there. I have done all of that in the past on some of my own modified boot.img's. So I think that yes, you can do exactly the same thing with the proper script. But how to write those scripts is something I don't know how to do. But, I believe you can only get the settings you want if the kernel has been set up to allow it. I can't, and I have no intention of learning how to, compile the kernel.

But that is what I thought SetCPU was doing as well. I thought it was just a nice front-end to achieve the same thing with an app that you could have set in the boot.img or by some script.

Edit: I think you can experiment by setting SetCPU, and then loading a bunch of huge apps and seeing if it is dumped from memory.

Edit #2: I tested this myself. I only set the CPU frequency (speed) with SetCPU. It did not stay resident in memory. However, I don't know what would happen if you set up a bunch of profiles.

Edited by twrock, 06 December 2012 - 01:55 AM.

pedrojaime

pedrojaime

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note II [GT-N7100]
Very nice! A couple of FCs on first startup but that's to be expected, will test it some more and give you some feedback. Great work! Thanks a lot for your efforts. It certainly does seem very smooth so far after initial boot. I listen to music in the car a lot with line-out to AUX in car stereo so will be interesting to see how the sound compares..

Edited by pedrojaime, 12 December 2012 - 05:26 AM.

Happy phablet hacking!

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Very nice! A couple of FCs on first startup but that's to be expected, will test it some more and give you some feedback. Great work! Thanks a lot for your efforts. It certainly does seem very smooth so far after initial boot. I listen to music in the car a lot with line-out to AUX in car stereo so will be interesting to see how the sound compares..

hi. hope you will appreciate...

ashok2621

ashok2621

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

hi. hope you will appreciate...

Hi

I did use this rom but now my market is not working at all. It crashes everytime. I tried clearing the system cache, dalvik cache etc etc but no luck.
Other than that, this is very fast and smooth. Can anyone help me sort out this market issue. I tried many apk version but everytime no luck.
Please advice.
Thanks in advance.
ashok

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Hi

I did use this rom but now my market is not working at all. It crashes everytime. I tried clearing the system cache, dalvik cache etc etc but no luck.
Other than that, this is very fast and smooth. Can anyone help me sort out this market issue. I tried many apk version but everytime no luck.
Please advice.
Thanks in advance.
ashok

Which rom specifically did you install? Did the Market app ever work, or did it not work from the beginning?

MoreBlood

MoreBlood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8230
Thanks a lot! The way to fight with green screen is just turn off jit.

—————————————————————
Huawei u8230+swap+jit+elvis mod 2.2+sd card speed fix+root.

mojeimezaforum

mojeimezaforum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HUAWEI U8220
Hi guys, I have a problem with my camera. It doesn't always make this lines across picture, but it often does. I cant figure it out why....
I've posted pic so you can see the problem.
Lines are not always on same place or same length.
Posted Image

You should be able to see two horizontal lines on this picture.
Can it be fixed?

pedrojaime

pedrojaime

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note II [GT-N7100]
Try Downloading zoom camera or buying Vignette, both are very good. Then go into the settings of these applications and set the resolution of the pictures to take to be the best (ie the highest possible). then, download Ghost Commander, grant it root access (I am assuming you have rooted your phone), then in file build.prop add the following lines which will improve picture quality:

ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000

Thinking about it, you will probably get larger than normal files with
ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
setting without any difference in quality so its probably better to set this at 90

Hope this helps, the above are my settings but I am now considering setting quality to 90 or 85% since reading around tells me that 85% is a good compromise between quality and compression), and that's why the GIMP software defaults to this.

Hope this helps you. Both changing camera program and editing build.prop solved this issue for me. Come to think of it the crucial change was changing to Zoom camera because I had these settings in there before and still the lines appeared but with different program I have never seen lines again in my pictures!

Peter

Happy phablet hacking!

mojeimezaforum

mojeimezaforum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HUAWEI U8220
Thank you Peter! Installing zoom camera solved the problem. I've tried to change build.prop but after I save changes, close file and reopen it, those three lines were not there.
With zoomCamera, camera operations are fester and there is no restarting on video mod.

I love this phone, but now when spring is coming, direct sun light will make use of this phone impossible outside. :)
The only thing that is going on my nerves is constant restarting or even not opening TouchPal while i type message or use browser. Any cure for that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users