This ROM is based of the joined effort of a couple of devs (Cass, Eduardo, Corvus, Scanno and Brucelee666) who are working on getting ICS as good as possible for our device. This has resulted in a git repository where all the specific files and patches are located that are needed to compile the Android 4.0.4 AOSP source code and create a working ROM.
I am trying to keep the git repository up-to-date so that all the devs that would to compile the AOSP source code can use the repository to build a good working base rom and put effort in improving the ROM instead of figuring everything out themselves.
I am making VegaCream because i would like to have done this and have some knowledge about making roms. I am working in the IT business for almost 20 years and like many i have a professional and personal life. That means that if i am lucky i have 8 hours per week that i can spend time on this ROM. My wife, my child and my own health are more important then this ROM, so lets keep everything simple and nice. This is supposed to be fun and a hobby (at least it is for me). Let's keep it that way.
This ROM is based on AOSP 4.0.4 and the device config made by Cass, Eduardo, Corvus and myself (see https://github.com/vegaics).
- DPI is set at 120dpi
- Default ICS Launcher installed
- Apex Launcher installed
- Filemanager installed
- Terminal installed
- Google Apps is installed. This means that the Google base is installed and all the apps that are available in the Play Store are not installed (i.e. GMail, Maps)
- All languages that are available in AOSP are included
- Partition layout is the same as VegaICS beta1 / Modded stock
- /system/app, /system/lib, /system/fonts, /system/framework and /system/usr are Squashfs filesystems.
With BETA2 there are two ways of installing VegaCream:
- Installing the CWM update zip from recovery
- Using the NVFLASH windows executable.
Use the CWM update zip when you are sure that you have the correct partition layout (modded stock or VegaICS). Always do a *Full Wipe* BEFORE installing the zip file.
Use the NVFLASH installer when you are not sure if you have the correct partition layout or want to repartition and format your NAND. Put your tablet in nvflash mode (back-power-back) and run the exe in windows.
*ATTENTION* The Install zip is *BETA* and it does not have nice text or a good working progress bar. My primary efforts are going to the ROM itself at the moment.
VegaCream is now on the same level as VegaICS beta1 is. That means it has the same stuff working but it has also the same things that do not work and / or the same problems.
- Wifi (same connection problems as VegaICS beta1)
- Bluetooth (Did not test a lot, but it pairs and communicates)
- (P)EAP (I could connect to the enterprise wifi AP that is available at my work, it connects and could update my apps through the Play Store. The Signal Strength indicator is NOT working when connected to that AP)
- Camera (same as VegaICS beta1)
- 3G (for most huawei modems)
Edited by Scanno, 24 May 2012 - 10:44 AM.