• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

freakyfreddy

freakyfreddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S / ZTE Blade

flashed this BUT if I reboot it hangs at a blank screen only way to fix is reflash with vegaics THIS HAPPENS ON EVERY REBOOT...

I´ve got the same problem, blackscreen on every reboot... :( Any solutions?

Scanno

Scanno

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z, POV Mobii Tegra
@All,

VegaCream BETA2 is available. See second post.

If you feel VegaCream is worth it and would like to show your gratitude (the donate link is added on request):
Posted Image
AND also do NOT forget about ejtagle and brucelee666 for their great work.

Richard_Arkless

Richard_Arkless

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

@All,

VegaCream BETA2 is available. See second post.

Thanks, however on first boot it got stuck on finishing boot on android is upgrading, so I held down the power button and now it wont boot at all, just stays on the boot animation

To solve this issue I went into adb on my pc and booted into the recovery from there, now back on test 3

Edited by Richard_Arkless, 23 May 2012 - 09:37 PM.

Scanno

Scanno

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Thanks, however on first boot it got stuck on finishing boot on android is upgrading, so I held down the power button and now it wont boot at all, just stays on the boot animation

To solve this issue I went into adb on my pc and booted into the recovery from there, now back on test 3

Did you wipe before upgrading?

If you feel VegaCream is worth it and would like to show your gratitude (the donate link is added on request):
Posted Image

Scanno

Scanno

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
@all

For VegaCream there is also a NVFLASH version available. See second post.

Posted Image

Richard_Arkless

Richard_Arkless

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Did you wipe before upgrading?

No, was I suppose to? I thought the wipe was only necessary when switching from one rom to another

Edited by Richard_Arkless, 24 May 2012 - 08:14 AM.

Scanno

Scanno

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

No, was I suppose to? I thought the wipe was only necessary when switching from one rom to another

Well as long as i am changing things that are related to the framework, it can cause bootloops or other strange things when you do not do a wipe. If you encounter things like bootloops or fc's you should have wiped -_-

Posted Image

Richard_Arkless

Richard_Arkless

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Well as long as i am changing things that are related to the framework, it can cause bootloops or other strange things when you do not do a wipe. If you encounter things like bootloops or fc's you should have wiped -_-

ok thanks, just hope this isnt going to be a regular thing

Scanno

Scanno

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

ok thanks, just hope this isnt going to be a regular thing

You do not have to update to anything. You can stay on your current rom / version

Posted Image

Scanno

Scanno

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
For people who have an internal 3G card and have problems with the lockscreen at first boot, please flash VegaCream BETA2 from recovery and right after flash the following ZIP file. It will add the line ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLE to the BUILD.PROP.
DOWNLOAD:http://www.mediafire...botig3ws9azaa9g

Posted Image

d_borghi

d_borghi

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

For people who have an internal 3G card and have problems with the lockscreen at first boot, please flash VegaCream BETA2 from recovery and right after flash the following ZIP file. It will add the line ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLE to the BUILD.PROP.
DOWNLOAD:http://www.mediafire...botig3ws9azaa9g

hi scanno,
any news about skype issue? beta2 solves it?
tnx 4 all
db

lohtse

lohtse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:Too Many.HTC/Samsung/XDA/ZTE
when will next release be available as don't wish to flash if in next few days or week...

jimsie

jimsie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Advent Vega
Just downloaded and flashed Beta 2 cwm install and can't seem to get link2sd to create a mount script. was ok in alpha 2. Is there any other method to move apps to ext-sd, like S2E or Darktremor. any help would be appreciated. BT seems to be ok, transferred a couple of files from my blade.

Scanno

Scanno

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
NVFlash version of VegaCream beta2.1 uploaded

Posted Image

Aleeh

Aleeh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Maybe you should let Gonzo76 over at TabletRom's know... who apparently has flashed this ROM a 'zillion' times!

I'm curious myself actually, how you managed it... given you couldn't get past the lock screen.
I'm assuming ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED goes in build.prop ...

Anyway, it's great you've got it working.

GED.

It is possible that you are one of the lucky ones who got a tablet from the very first batch which has a different model tp.i noticed this in the past when i tried to do a screen calibration and the tablet totally freezed. My friends tegra did not have this problem.
what i noticed when i looked sidways into the screen to the tablet clearly saw the grid of the TP while the on the other tablet this was not visible.
another way to test which tp you have is by installing the egalax calibration tool and do a calibration. when you are able to calibrate the screen you have the earlier batch if it freezes during calibration you have the other TP.

Daedric1383

Daedric1383

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
I have a humble request.

We now have /system/app and /system/framework and others on .sfs files.
This make it almost impossible to flash a .zip from CWM that changes anything on that files (or folders after the mount).

Given that SD card prices as comming down pretty fast, and that a 32gb can be had for about 20€, would it be too much to implement /system on NAND and cache/data on a SD partition ?

Scanno

Scanno

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

I have a humble request.

We now have /system/app and /system/framework and others on .sfs files.
This make it almost impossible to flash a .zip from CWM that changes anything on that files (or folders after the mount).

Given that SD card prices as comming down pretty fast, and that a 32gb can be had for about 20€, would it be too much to implement /system on NAND and cache/data on a SD partition ?

Putting /system on a sdcard is not really possible. This has to do with the boot loader. The boot loader is looking for the kernel on a fixed position, so that cannot be changed. Besides putting /system on a sdcard means that you cannot take out the sdcard anymore. Also you cannot use nvflash anymore (I think). The nvflash mode on the tablet is closed and I do not know if the sdcard can be accessed from nvflash. I think /data can be put on sdcard, but it will need some adjusting in the kernel, the recovery (the recovery needs to know where /data is when flashing a zip file and that is defined in a partition layout at compile time). I do not know if it needs changes in the android sources.

Edited by Scanno, 29 May 2012 - 12:38 PM.

Posted Image

Daedric1383

Daedric1383

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Putting /system on a sdcard is not really possible. This has to do with the boot loader. The boot loader is looking for the kernel on a fixed position, so that cannot be changed. Besides putting /system on a sdcard means that you cannot take out the sdcard anymore. Also you cannot use nvflash anymore (I think). The nvflash mode on the tablet is closed and I do not know if the sdcard can be accessed from nvflash. I think /data can be put on sdcard, but it will need some adjusting in the kernel, the recovery (the recovery needs to know where /data is when flashing a zip file and that is defined in a partition layout at compile time). I do not know if it needs changes in the android sources.

Scanno:

would it be too much to implement /system on NAND and cache/data on a SD partition

System on NAND is possible, but not easy. Remember that Ubuntu for Vega, everything was on SD, and there are those "boot from SD" using Haret/Special Loaders.

But that's not what i meant, /System can remain on NAND, perhaps also /cache, it will always be faster than any sdcard.
Data on SDCARD has 2 advantages IMHO:
- Space... we decide the size of the partition and
- /system get much cleaner, more AOSP without yaffs hacks to gain precious MB.

The disadvantage is:
- We cannot remove the SDCARD (while running), and
- Speed. But we are already moving as much as we can to /sdcard (via normal android methods), so i don't belive we would feel such speed loss.

Of course i'm highly ignorant, perhaps i'm missing something. Also, if we're partitioning the SDcard, we could create another 512mb (or similar) partition for SWAP.

Daedric1383

Daedric1383

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
Another quick one : Wifi Hotspot is not working right ?

Scanno

Scanno

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Another quick one : Wifi Hotspot is not working right ?

Did you try?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users