Free Unlocking

Guest Paddy_

Guest Paddy_

I went to Vodafone today and purchased a G300. I said to the guy on the desk I wanted it unlocked at purchse. At first he said it would be £20, but then he pressed a few buttons on the PC and printed out the unlock code free of charge, right in front of me.

So the phone only cost me £110 unlocked. (£10 for the compulsory top up I wont use.)

This is what he printed out free of charge.

IMG_20120426_190849-1.jpg

Edited by Paddy_

Guest Frankish

Mine cost me £108 unlocked. :) I didn't have to pay a compulsory topup cos i knew the kid working there i should have asked for an unlock code!

Guest FlatPackPete

Wow, that is interesting...... As a general rule of thumb the people in the shops always refer these type of things over to vodafone support but I was in a vodafone shop earlier this week and the girl was moaning their new software made all sales process really slowly, so maybe this is something they can now do.

It would be great to hear from anyone else who manages to get a unlock code in the shop :)

Guest dancg

If you but it online it's £100 without the mandatory £10 top-up. I have then paid £8 for the unlocking code though ebay, total, less tan £110. Still cheaper :D

Guest Paddy_

Not sure where you did your maths... but.

If you buy it for £110 unlocked with a £10 voucher, then flog said voucher for a fiver. That works out at £105.

That' s direct from a vodafone store, unlocked there and then. Bound to be the best deal.

I had my giffgaff sim in it and the web running, before I reached the car!!! :D

Edited by Paddy_

Guest dancg

hehehe all right Paddy_, sorry I did not read your post carefully enough. I thought the £10 voucher couldn't be sold because it came as an automatic top up and not as a voucher.

I guess the only way to beat this is to try to sell the voucher for £6 o £7... LOL

Guest grivbat

Just got my G300 and had a look round the net and local shops for unlocking. was gonna cost £25 and up to 5 days to get it done. went back to the vodafone shop and they unlocked it in minutes and did it for free.

nice one vodafone.

:)

Guest trueno2k
Just got my G300 and had a look round the net and local shops for unlocking. was gonna cost £25 and up to 5 days to get it done. went back to the vodafone shop and they unlocked it in minutes and did it for free.

nice one vodafone.

Really?

Guest grivbat

yep. surprised me as well trueno2k.

not sure if theyre actually supposed to do that or if its up to their discretion but im not complaining. the whole process only took about 5 minutes.

Guest Paddy_

It only seems to be a few clicks / scan the box and they produce the code.

I would wonder also if they are 'supposed' to do it, revenue generation by keeping customers on the network etc.

However, the fact remains, they can do it there and then.

So to those that are purchasing from Vodafone to use on a different network... Go into the store and bring a smile!! It can work wonders!

Guest Patrick73

I wonder if they are unlocking for free as it's got the rear speaker problems

I have been asking Vodafone to pull it from sale until its fixed, maybe they trying to off load stock? due to cost to ship back? just my 2p worth

Guest Simon O

I wonder if they are unlocking for free as it's got the rear speaker problems

I have been asking Vodafone to pull it from sale until its fixed, maybe they trying to off load stock? due to cost to ship back? just my 2p worth

:blink:

Guest Davidoff59

I have also suggested they pull it from sale and they said it isn't their issue as they are only the service providers which is a crock of Pooh.

I would like to inform you that we will not be able to comment on manufacturing issue you are facing with your phone, as we are the service providers and not the manufacturer.

I request you to contact the place of purchase to seek assistance in this matter or contact the manufacturers.

Guest FrankieADZ

I have also suggested they pull it from sale and they said it isn't their issue as they are only the service providers which is a crock of Pooh.

I would like to inform you that we will not be able to comment on manufacturing issue you are facing with your phone, as we are the service providers and not the manufacturer.

I request you to contact the place of purchase to seek assistance in this matter or contact the manufacturers.

from what Ive seen its more a software issue with regards the low speaker sound....pretty sure will be fixed tbh.

dont think its anything that major tbf....its not like it doesnt true on. :unsure:

still no free unlock then? lol dam :(

Guest pwhite

Well chuffed.

Just went into a Vodaphone shop today to buy one, and they gave me the unlock code for free - without even having to buy any top up!

It was the last one in the shop they said they sell out almost immediately they come in - so as above, I suspect it is was supposed to be a monthly contract one.

Its for the wife - so need to wait to get home and get her sim card to test it so fingers crossed, but very pleased.

Guest jezwelshmun

Bought mine yesterday, told the woman in the shop id read on HDUK that some vodafone stores were unlocking it for free and i needed to swap sims between personal and business at first she said £20 sorry but kept looking asked me if i had a vodafone number already then did it for free.....bargain. GiffGaff is on its way

Guest Robert Davidson

I bought one in London last week, took into a local Vodafone shop in Belfast and they unlocked for me at no cost.

Very Happy Indeed.

Guest totomorris

So when you go to the Vodaphone shop and they ask you why you want it unlocked, even though you have a vodaphone sim, what is the excuse for unlocking it. I only ask as I have a voaphone sim with 40 quid worth of credit and woul like ti unlock my Huaweii.

Thanks

Guest FrankieADZ
So when you go to the Vodaphone shop and they ask you why you want it unlocked, even though you have a vodaphone sim, what is the excuse for unlocking it. I only ask as I have a voaphone sim with 40 quid worth of credit and woul like ti unlock my Huaweii.

Thanks

say you need to use credit off another sim.

Guest FlatPackPete

I find saying your going on holiday to Japan and you want to get a prepaid sim over there. If you say a European country they try to argue that their "Vodafone Passport" service is what you want but anywhere in asia and they keep quiet.

Guest pwhite

Must have got lucky with the shop I bought it - said it was for the wife, we don't have a vodaphone sim card, and wanted to put an orange sim in it. They still unlocked it for free with no compulsory top up. Unlocking went fine - just put in her orange sim, entered the code and off it went.