Stock Orange TPT

Guest Mub6

Thanks for the reply fr0do,

Sorry, I should have made it clear in my original post that my phone is rooted and has cwm, so no. I wouldnt be able to get to FTM.

Cheers again.

Mubs

Guest Dazzozo

I intend to make crescent.thebronasium.com more of a mirror for this stuff, but a. I don't actually have it myself and b. I don't have the time with ICS development.

Thanks for the replys guys,

Correct me if I'm wrong but those stock roms will still keep cwm etc kicking about as they're just another rom like ICS or CM.

I need a tpt to completely rewrite the phone afaik.

Cheers,

Mubs

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

No, those "stock" roms include the "stock" recovery partition which is the FTM mode, just flash the latest one and you should be good to go (as long as you want the phone back to default that is).

aah cool.

Yeah thats what I want,

I need to return the phone under warranty, mic has stopped working.

Thanks I'll try flashing one of the stock roms.

Guest Mub6

Thanks pal,

this worked in removing root but my phone still seems to be unlocked to other networks.

is it ok to return the phone back under warranty in this condition?

if not, how do i remove the unlock?

Cheers.

Guest Dazzozo
Thanks pal,

this worked in removing root but my phone still seems to be unlocked to other networks.

Cheers.

Pretty sure the warranty is still void. Not sure if the phone can be locked again as I'm not aware of anyone having uploaded the files.

Guest Amphoras

Thanks pal,

Cheers.

You can't relock it. Unlocking it by that method will have voided the warranty, but they are unlikely to check if you don't tell them. Even if they did you could pretend you know nothing about it if you wanted.

Guest Mub6

Thanks guys,

Got my new franny 2 yesterdays ago and I'm gonna sit down and root it tomorrow.

Seeing as I've already got a thread up and running, could somebody please recommend a good quality custom rom? Not after games or anything like that, Just need stability and speed.

Thanks again guys, Love you all.

Mubs

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks guys,

Got my new franny 2 yesterdays ago and I'm gonna sit down and root it tomorrow.

Seeing as I've already got a thread up and running, could somebody please recommend a good quality custom rom? Not after games or anything like that, Just need stability and speed.

Thanks again guys, Love you all.

Mubs

There's not much choice with the Crescent. I think there's around 6 ROMs total, or something like that.

If you're after a customised and debranded version of the stock ROM you're looking at Fish'N'Chips or DroidTE, if you're just after a debranded ROM you're looking at flibblesan's FLB2 or Sebastian404's debranded ROM.

If you want to be a little adventurous I've got ports of CM7, CM9 and a very early build of AOKP. The latter two are distributions of ICS, and CM9 especially runs rather well. CM7 and CM9 are safe to use now but there are a couple of issues such as camera being early days and tethering is a little broken.

• 5 months later...

Hi there is there not a program which re locks as in the zte blade 1, zte san fransisco 1 see in the following forum

- The "Reset Attempts (and Lock)" button will reset the phone's internal idea of how many unlock attempts you have back to the initial 5. It will also put it back in the state where it will prompt for the NCK code when you use a different provider's SIM. This may be useful for putting the phone back to (seemingly) the factory state, or for the reported occasions where interactions with Orange [unblocking a phone?] have reset their end of the network lock [?not sure about this?].

-http://droidgram.com/forum/Unlock-ZTE-Blade-Unlock-Orange-San-Francisco (Changes in v1.3Add unlock reset. Normally you have 5 attempts to unlock your phone. With this feature, you can reset the number of unlock attempts back to 5.)

so can someone tell me if that feature from that app is usable in T-MOBILE VIVACITY if so i will go ahead and unlock , root, debrand , and put oin CFW from this website if not can someone please edit the app and allow it to be used for T-mobile vivacity and if not then i will avoid voiding warranty and lock unlock, debrand and root.