Superrecovery (CWM) & Root Help please (im going mad)

Guest grivbat

Guest grivbat

Hi all,

I’m not to sure if I have done this correct and would like a bit of assistance and guidance. I have previously used the ZTE Skate where installing CWM was quite easy but the phone was rooted when I got it any way.

I am running XP SP3. when the phone is connected with USB and at the bootloader scree it shows in windows device manager as “Android Sooner Single ADB Interface” so I assume the correct drivers are installed.

I have tried to follow the guidance docs here and have installed r1-g300-superrecovery and when booting up and holding the volume up key I get into the Blue android system recovery utility that has the following options -:

• Reboot system now
  • Apply update from sdcard
  • ipe data / factory reset
  • Wipe cache partition
  • Touchscreen firmware update
    (Is this the correct version?)

Selecting the first option out of this list reboots the phone normally and I have tried installing the following roms without any luck.

• HuaweiU8815C02B882-update_signed
    • r0_de-branded_u8815-update-signed

The update process finds the roms, opens them but fails the verification with the message “E:signature verification failed”

I have done a factory reset with the phone and still have the #SuperSU app in the appdrawer so I assume it is rooted? I am also still able to boot into the blue recovery screen but get the same results when trying to install the update zip.

I am obviously missing something here, but after several hours last night and today reading the posts I still can’t seem to work out what I have done wrong.

If anyone can give me some assistance I would appreciate it.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Ian

Guest scootied

Hi all, I'm having 100% exactly the same issue with both roms mentioned previously. I am definitely rooted and running ADB drivers. Some help or pointers would be really appreciated.

Guest Sebastian404

you have to install ClockworkMod Recovery before you can flash anything thats not come from the manufacturer, offical updates are cyropographicaly signed to authenticate them. and since we dont have that key you need a recovery that ignores that.. hence your not geting anywhere with the stock recovery, signed or not...

Guest feckineejit

Hello Seb, i wonder if you can help, my phone is rooted, i've managed to get your ClockworkMod Recovery on the phone, but when i try to install/remove any app with adb i get this: http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6809/cmdei.jpg it won't remount. I never had the problem on my SF. Just wondering if i need to download a custom rom for that to work? etc your debranded one. i don't really wanna do that, just want to sort out the adb remount bit as i like using adb to remove/add apps etc.

Guest feckineejit

I rooted the phone using Paul's method http://android.modac...-mac-and-linux/ To be honest i ain't got a clue how i installed your clockworkmod recovery, only realized yesterday that it installed, when i go into recovery its all orange writing, and it says CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5, i take it that's your cwm? http://img407.images...20429153306.jpg if i go into Rom Manager it says this: http://img254.images.../rommanager.jpg

Also done adb on both phones again, this is the SF, it's remounting ok

http://img534.images...fworkingadb.jpg

This is the Huawei Ascend G300 showing it not remounting http://img13.imagesh...inotworking.jpg

Anyone have an idea off whats wrong?

Edited by feckineejit

Guest grivbat

hi guys,

Sorry to be a pain here but i still cant seem to get this ph0ne rooted and install any roms. i still keep getting the "signature verification" failed message so i assume i still havent got it rooted.

i have followed the procedure using the superrecovery batch file on different computers without luck. i have also installed ADB and SDK tools and had a look using fastboot.

in my laptops device manager the phone is recognised as an android ADB interface and it is also recognised in the fastboot devices list when connected at the bootloader. i have downloaded Z4root and installed that, but unfortunately that doesnt root the phone either.

i have spent numerous hours searching the web for some relatively easy to follow instructions on using the fastboot method but just seemed to find conflicting instructions which has left me totally confused.

i wouold therefore appreciate any advice, guidance or assistance you can give on this.

thanks for your patience and understanding

ian

Guest Davidoff59

Grivbat, that error, E: signature verification error is due to trying to flash with the stock recovery. You must be trying to flash from stock recovery or you would not see that error.

To root, follow Paul's guide which is done by downloading the super recovery to your phone, plugging in your phone with USB and letting the drivers install, then Paul's script does the rest.

Power on and volume down for boot loader where the huawei logo stays on the screen and it goes no further than that.

Power on and volume up for recovery screen, ie clockworkmod recovery, but its blue in colour and signed by the manufacturer so nothing can be flashed by users.

A small difference in instructions but a big difference in end result.

Guest grivbat

Thanks for the response Davidoff,

I have followed Paul's instructions for rooting and expected the clockworkmod to be orange as in my ZTE Skate, but as you put it has stayed blue, so i guess the phone has not been rooted.

I have managed to get a version of Z4root running on the phone that says the phone is rooted and gives me options to re-root or unroot. Also in the SuperSU app, under settings, the section that says "Full unroot" with (cleanup for permanant unroot) is available. these 2 apps therefore suggest the phone is rooted. hence my confusion.

Ive just noticed you say download super recovery to your phone; is this correct ? as thats where i will have gone wrong as i thought it was to a directory on my PC.

cheers

ian

Guest FrankieADZ

Thanks for the response Davidoff,

I have followed Paul's instructions for rooting and expected the clockworkmod to be orange as in my ZTE Skate, but as you put it has stayed blue, so i guess the phone has not been rooted.

I have managed to get a version of Z4root running on the phone that says the phone is rooted and gives me options to re-root or unroot. Also in the SuperSU app, under settings, the section that says "Full unroot" with (cleanup for permanant unroot) is available. these 2 apps therefore suggest the phone is rooted. hence my confusion.

Ive just noticed you say download super recovery to your phone; is this correct ? as thats where i will have gone wrong as i thought it was to a directory on my PC.

cheers

ian

wonder if that Z4root will work to root an unrooted G300.... ?

Guest grivbat

woo hooo.

just managed to get into CWM 4.0.1.5 in orange and rebooted into normal mode so it looks like i have finnally done it.

it turns out all i needed to do was copy the CWM mod img file to the recovery folder and rename it to "recovery.superrecovery.img"

Hopefully that's it. i will have a play later, after backing up my stock rom on another sdcard.

thanks for the help guys. No doubt i will be back again.

cheers

Ian

Guest grivbat

Hi Guys,

just thought i would give you an update on my progress. as said in my last post i just replaced the img file in superrecovery with the cwm one and renamed it.

hey presto rooted and able to boot up into orange recovery menu.

i have -:

created a back up file

installed the debranded version

reinstalled the stock rom (had to re run the modded superrecovery again)

reinstalled the debranded rom

now im just setting the phone up with the apps i want.

cheers again for everyones assistance

ian

• 1 month later...
Guest borgetti

Hello,i live in Romania an i have a Huawei Ascnd G300.I installed the phone SuperSu.I accidentally installed the phone b892 version, Chinese version and want to return to original version.in Rom Manager when I do not find the phone flash (u8815).how to install B885 back???Recovery ClockworkMod phone does not enter .. enter recovery only in stock.Help me please!!!!I apologize for my poor English.Thanks

Guest borgetti

after I installed the file, Dload "with Chinese firmware,phone model is U8818(not 8815),and build number is U8818V100R00C17B892.I installed SuperSu the phone, you need to do next?Rom Manager should install?