- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

ColEx

ColEx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thought id should post a reply to this thread seeing as i had the same problem over the weekend. Not really sure how it happend, could be to do with preasure on the screen while being in my pocket etc, but not 100% sure. But i took the phone back to the vodafone store, i did originally buy it online, but after typing out a email to vodafone via the website, they suggested to take it to my nearest store if possible, so i did.

The phone is only 3 weeks old to me, and the gentleman in the shop replaced it there and then. At first when i showed him the phone from a distance he thought it had contact with water, but after a close examination he said "weird, not sure what that is" and replaced it on the spot. Really annoying to be honest because now im abit cautious with putting the phone in my pocket! If it happens again i will probably try and get a full refund and put some extra cash towards a new phone. I dont really wana do that becaues this phone is just to good for the money!

Maximus9

Maximus9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Devices:Moto G Dual Sim XT1033 16GB
You are so lucky, I was told they cannot actually replace it in-store if bought online, and had to arrange for a postal return, which takes AGES and is a lot of hussle.

Peninsula

Peninsula

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Nexus 7
If i grip the phone in one hand and squeeze the left and right sides together the blob disappears.

Konstipated Kiwi

Konstipated Kiwi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

If i grip the phone in one hand and squeeze the left and right sides together the blob disappears.

Thanks. I'll try this next time it appears. It does sound as though it is pressure being applied form behind the LCD somewhere. Squeezing the sides presumably separates the front and the back sufficiently to alleviate it for a while. I am certain that is it being squeezed in pockets that is causing it.

ColEx

ColEx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

You are so lucky, I was told they cannot actually replace it in-store if bought online, and had to arrange for a postal return, which takes AGES and is a lot of hussle.

Yeah i guess.

I went to the store with the mentalitly of getting a full refund. but because they did a straight swap with no hassle i just went along with it. The phone was also rooted to.

snippins

snippins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I got the same issue over the weekend.

I bought the phone from vodafone online and have put giffgaff sim in it.
When I tried my local vodafone shop they wouldn't take it without a vodafone telephone number and I managed to forget that the phone didn't actually come with a vodafone sim so I wasted a bit of time trying to find out my number until I remembered. I did try and point out to them that the number is in any case entirely irrelevant.
I then followed the online instructions to email customer care about the issue and that was spectacularly unhelpful.
I think I am going to to try a different vodafone shop as by looks of it some are good and some are, shall we say, less good.
Customer service does seem pretty lamentable so far - wish I had bought the phone from amazon in any event as at least you know they have good after sales service.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
Yeah the customer care of these mobile companies is usually shockingly bad,once they have your money in their pockets they dont give a s***!

I am having trouble with orange(the worst network in existence) I ordered a san diego on contract which was delivered to my local store as I was out most of the day it was due for pickup.So I went into store to collect and was told I could not have my OSD without either a driving license or a passport,I have neither.So I then went home and rang after care who assured me I do not need a driving license or passport,all that is needed is the card the order was made on and the confirmation email along with something like a bank statement.Yet again,I go back to store with my card,email confirmation printed and a bank statement which included the delivery charge for the phone,still it was not enough.I then phoned customer care whilst in store so they could tell the store what they told me,guess what,they changed their mind,I now need a driving licence or passport WTF!!! :angry:
So I go home phone orange again explaining all the above and they contacted the store and had the device sent back to them and told me another one was being sent out for wednesday.(two days away)
Wednesday comes and goes no delivery,I phone orange who say it has not been sent,they are waiting for the one from store before they can send one :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: WTF is wrong with these people.
Anyway,I cancelled that mess and reordered online this morning,it will be here by 10am tomorrow.
Now that is one bad customer hostile network,I do not even want a contract with them,but i do want the OSD for my daily driver.(G300 for playing about)
If I could afford to go spend 200 right now,I would just go in store and pick up a pay as you go.
And to top it off,I am still waiting for my bricked G300 to return from store.

Sorry way off topic now,just see that post about customer care and it just set me off in a droid rage :lol:

snippins

snippins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I sympathise.

I think it is the general inconsistency and incoherence that ratchets up the rage. To be honest I think the staff just make things up of the spot.

One of the posters above got his phone-with-blob replaced in store whilst I have been told that the online and shop parts of Vodafone are completely separate, which is clearly complete bollax and should be of no concern to a customer. In my case the only way to actually return the phone in store would be to insert it into one of the hapless members of staff.

How completely useless are they? You might think there was some advantage in having lots of stores that online customers could use as well. Some small advantage over amazon. But no, or maybe not; I don't think they have a clue.

Don't get me started on the "we're very busy right now" customer service number.

I suppose we live and learn.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Profits have taken over any customer satisfaction in a load of corporations now. Bullshit I know but if people accept s***, they will be given s***.

Example, I bought a new sat nav. got it home and it would not lock onto satellites. Took it back, they said you can't get a refund or replacement as its been opened. I said I had to open it to find out it didn't work! She called manufacturer they said to update it so as it didn't come with a cable, I would have to buy one which I then couldn't return as it had been used. They didn't have just a lead so I had to buy a £50 kit. I argued that I was being forced to spend a further £50 on an optional extra to get a brand new product to work. I was mad as could be. Went home, updated sat nav and it worked. Fired off a stinking email to the manufacturer, and rang the shop the next day. Ended up returning the used kit for full refund, and getting a free lead to update off the manufacturer.
You have rights but if YOU don't enforce them, they are useless.

snippins

snippins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, I haven't had time to send mine back to vodafone yet for various reasons, but yesterday the blob disappeared completely!

So it appeared on 23rd June, spent most of its time the half the size of my thumb and towards the end fluctuated a couple of times between that and the size of a finger nail. And the last time it was finger nail size it in fact just went and disappeared.

Curious.

SteveNotts

SteveNotts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Well my blob keeps moving but now the top edge of the screen has a blob whenever i apply pressure to the top corner. Its as if the screen is coming away from the phone.

I'm going to have to send it back but have unlocked, cwm and rooted.Running stock B885

Can someone point me to the thread Im sure Ive seen so I can put it back to normal as such

Assume as from Voda online has to go to them and not a store?

Cheers

Steve

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
Steve just reflash B885 again and all will be gone.
some have had luck with returning to store,others havent

Thar

Thar

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Well my blob keeps moving but now the top edge of the screen has a blob whenever i apply pressure to the top corner. Its as if the screen is coming away from the phone.

I'm going to have to send it back but have unlocked, cwm and rooted.Running stock B885

Can someone point me to the thread Im sure Ive seen so I can put it back to normal as such

Assume as from Voda online has to go to them and not a store?

Cheers

Steve

I can't answer who to return it to but do you mean this http://www.modaco.co...i/#entry1944706 ?I

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
No need for that thar as B885 is a stock rom anyway so flashing it again removes root and cwm recovery when he uses the update.app method.

daveyman1

daveyman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Just got my G300 and was wondering about getting a screen protector. Is there any evidence that the protectors are causing this, or with it being gorilla glass is one necessary anyway? What does anyone advise please.

Thanks as ever,

D

SolitaryCZ

SolitaryCZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Blob visited me too and it seems its usually in the higher middle of the screen... isn't the CPU right on the other side?

We bought cheap phone, this was bound to happen... Huawei is obviously not a charity and fairly decent hardware needs to be compensated with cheap manufacturing, let's hope that these temporary blobs are the only problem that lot of us will need to handle.

Konstipated Kiwi

Konstipated Kiwi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Just got my G300 and was wondering about getting a screen protector. Is there any evidence that the protectors are causing this, or with it being gorilla glass is one necessary anyway? What does anyone advise please.

Thanks as ever,

D

There is no way screen protectors are causing this and there is certainly no particular reason you could not use one. Gorilla Glass is supposed to be scratch resistant, but it won't be infallible. Try dragging a key down the screen, for instance, and you'll see what I mean!! It guards against everyday light scratches, but if anything scrapes forcefully against it there will still be evidence. By all means use a protector to be safe.

Edited by Konstipated Kiwi, 24 July 2012 - 01:10 PM.

HuaweiAscend

HuaweiAscend

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
I've not had this issue and I have a screen protector on mine.

Colin Whiteside

Colin Whiteside

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@spacehost
I had this (no screen protector) and promptly shat myself, but a bit of squeezing the sides of the phone fixed it.

Alkafer

Alkafer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade / Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@Alkafer
I wrote this in another topic, but I copy for what it's worth: I work four hours at day with phone in my pocket, listening to music the four full hours, I have screen protector and protector case, now Spain is like hell (more than 35 centigrade degrees) and NEVER see any blob. So I think is more an issue that only occur for some phones, a manufacturing defect.

I hope this help, see you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users