Intermittent blob appearing inside the screen

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Guest bladebuddy

I like that it made me laugh:D

It sounds mad when you say it like that. Like previously stated don't no if I am right, but definitely using that if I have to replace my phone.

Will tell the vodafone Rep my phone is no good as my balls are to sweaty.

Guest bladebuddy

Early Gore-Tex fabric replaced the inner layer

of PU with a thin, porous fluoropolymer

membrane ( Teflon) coating that is bonded to

a fabric. This membrane had about 9 billion

pores per square inch (around 1.4 billion

pores per square centimeter). Each pore is

approximately 1/20,000 the size of a water

droplet, making it impenetrable to liquid water

while still allowing the more autonomous

water vapour molecules to pass through.

Taken from Wikipedia to try and explain my sweaty balls argument.

Guest kukize

Try this squzee the phone by two fingers one from top on the screen another from bottom in the same line(not very hard).The blob will appear than after the while will dissapear.For me answer is one there is no any moisture or water inside the phone.Phone just bends in the trouses pocket while sitting or driving in the car(what happen to me). Plastic which from has been made this phone its just to flexible and that thing will happen.That is my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Edited by kukize

Guest bladebuddy

Are we talking about a blob that looks like this, the best picture I can provide at this time. As no matter how hard I press or flex my phone it doesn't move anywhere.

post-955381-13449026015306_thumb.jpg

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Are we talking about a blob that looks like this, the best picture I can provide at this time. As no matter how hard I press or flex my phone it doesn't move anywhere.

Yep, that looks pretty much like it; a lighter patch in the screen. Does it appear just over halfway up and slightly to the left? Have you tried removing the battery and SIM card and 'massaging' around the SIM card area? That usually worked for me. I use the past tense because I haven't seen it for some time now. This could well be because I don't wear jeans very much these days so it isn't getting pressed/squashed in my pockets.

Guest bladebuddy

Its center screen a slightly higher then center, took the battery and sim card out and massaged like you said I wasn't able to get rid of it but it did change shape, more interesting was the yellow outline also followed the shape changing which means I might have to admit defeat.

But first I am going to put the phone in a bag full of silica gell things that draw out moisture for 48 hours I also bought a water proof pouch which after the 48 hours I will put the phone in that then back in the sweaty balls pocket and see if the blob reappears. First I will have to wait for the blob to magically p--s off before I can start my experiment.

post-955381-13449396088504_thumb.jpg

Guest kukize

Hi

Thats what happens this morning when sitting with the phone in side pocket on the chair and wearing the shoes.Its was a few seconds.The blob want comes off. This time squeezing of the phone dosen`t help.I think its the time to say good bye for this phone sadly :(

post-988539-0-47882900-1345025259_thumb.

post-988539-0-20740700-1345025311_thumb.

post-988539-0-46739300-1345025327_thumb.

post-988539-0-96006900-1345025362_thumb.

post-988539-0-09401400-1345025392_thumb.

Guest Gabrielius

Hi everybody, the same problem here. Firstly, I was able to clear the blob by massaging the screen, but now it wont disappear. I think it is not normal, that this G300 can damage so easily, because the blob appeared when I was carrying my Huawei in a pocket. Does warranty can provide fix for this? Thanks for your answers.

Guest MustangM

I also have had this a few times, always when its been in the jeans pocket a while. Usually it goes away if I rub the screen or pinch the front and back together. I fear this will become permanent though. It only seems to happen when in Jeans pocket, not in looser fitting clothes. So I think its related to pressure, and as peninsula suggested its the LCD and the Glass separating. Took a few hours to go away yesterday despite all my pressing it. I've wiped mine in preparation to return it now.

Guest Damnome

Mine does this now and again too... exactly like your photos, usually after getting warm in my jeans.

I hold each side and flex like a credit card back and fo and it goes straight away,

Guest oldblader

Have had blob for weeks,no amount of flexing,rubbing,warming or cursing has shifted it!!!!!

Until today this worked for me ^_^

Hold your phone in one hand glass face down and tap the palm of your other hand sharply with either end of your phone.

Sounds wacky but it works

Guest trouser_mouse

I found my phone had developed a blotch on the screen today - it was in the middle of the screen, about an inch wide. Promptly shat myself.

Took the back off, removed the battery and this seemed to resolve the issue as the blotch immediately disappeared.

I've now replaced the battery and back cover, and the blob has not reappeared. Fingers crossed all is well!

Guest daivatam

I think bladebuddy is right and the blob appear partly because the humidity of body being trapped between the foil of the lcd.

I noticed that my phone is getting verry warm in games or browsing internet almost like it was overclocked...and if u slide your phone in pocket after getting warm some type of condens is happening inside screen.

Today on an 2 weeks old phone after playing osmos I put my phone in pocket and after 40 minutes when I take him I noticed same big blob on the screen.

Returned home i thinked what to do about this ...I tried pushing the creen bend the phone without any improvement on the screen blob...but haved an ideea of gaming again for 10 minutes to let the phone seriously warm again and surprise the blob disapeared like was never before on screen.

One question... yours phones will warm in the same way when playing or browsing?...a suspicious big warming?

Guest daivatam

One other thing, the blob on my screen was almost identically like that on the upper photos....maybe that portion of the screen in problematic or because is closer to the center of the warm zone...the portion of the top of the phone where the camera is placed....?

Guest daivatam

Update...I think because the hi temp that my phone normally run on games/internet browsing ...the 8 Gb micro sd card was destroyed....really bad place to install the card slot close to magnetic speaker and in the most hot zone of the phone...

No one to answer my question about temperature?

Edited by daivatam

Guest bladebuddy

I have also noticed that if you put the phone in direct sunlight or a hairdryer you can almost watch the blob shrink, which was one of the reasons I believed moisture was to blame. It could as easily be that heat straightenes the screen and whatevers underneath e.g the digitizer and also bends the screen under pressure when it's in your pocket. Whatevers happening it's strange and if moisture was to blame you would see steam marks like when a mirror gets steamed up in you're bathroom and you don't. So I now don't think moisture is to blame as such. Whatever it is it pi-- me off as its warm at the moment and I don't like putting my phone in my pants pocket.

Gonna get me a belt pouch like I have heard being mentioned or exchange and hope I get a phone that is unaffected as this doesn't seem to happen to all the people's phones on here.

Guest daivatam

Possible but ...on the hot phase the material is expanding (foils possible to touch the screen), on cool down is contracting but the blob appear on the cool down phase and disappear on reheating. because that I think about condensation...it is not big enough to haze screen but big enough to make the foil adherent to surface.

My impression was that the inner foil touch the glass surface not that the foil separate from this surface...but because the blob duration was short I could not certify that.

Same question...yours phones get pretty hot in games or browsing internet (not to hot) ?

Edited by daivatam

Guest bladebuddy

I understand where you're coming from it's like when you lick a suction cup and stick it to the window, looks similar to what's going on.

I am off to Center Parks later this month and the Mrs has band me from taking my phone. So I intend on running a little experiment to try and find out the cause.

Would of done it already but my backup phones on its way out.

Guest tracasan

i'm so glad my phone doesn't do this :D. i even dropped it in a tub full of water(the screen was foggy on the inside for a few hours but the water evaporated eventually and the screen went back to normal)... don't think that's condensation though... mine is as good as new...

Guest Al_1604

Promptly shat myself.

That's a +1 in anyone's book!

Very odd phenomenom to say the least, just hope I don't suffer. [Edit] The screen problem that is, not 'trouser_mouse's' other problem (though I DONT want to suffer from that either!

Edited by Al_1604